BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If it was me or you it would. However they’ll be too busy sorting out their up coming holiday. This trip to Marbella should be cancelled, what other walk of life rewards failure ?

It's a warm weather training camp, not an 18-30 lads holiday.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, arbitro said:

I don't know if it's deliberate but their absence today is respected by me. They aren't kicking us when we are down. If that is true then thanks to them.

In peace as ever ...

I, for one, deliberately didn't post yesterday ... having seen a few winters and having been on the other side of the equation a few times, the last thing one needs is some b***end from the opposite camp rubbing your nose in it !

Having spent Remembrance Sunday morning saluting with my six-fingered hand, and pointing in wonderment at planes, the game was strange. It was as if JDT had not seen or learnt anything from our rout at Bramall Lane. " Derby " day defeats aren't easy to take at the best of times, but there seemed to be no cohesion, fight or passion from the Blues, and that's another matter ... I can quite understand your frustrations ... 

I wish Tella had not made that gesture to the Rovers player, these things have a habit of coming back to haunt you. One early mistimed tackle at Ewood, a red card, a vociferous home crowd, Brereton-Diaz having a stormer and things could easily be reversed next time round ..

Having said all that, if you'd have offered both sets of fans the current League table on 1st August, we'd have all taken it ...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

This is the worst I've ever felt as a Rovers supporter. I'm just really annoyed that it was inflicted upon me by JDT. I cannot believe how lacklustre we were. I thought JDT understood what this meant to supporters.

I was never expecting a victory, nor even a draw, but the manner and embarrassment of the defeat is what really hurts. Tactically, we sat off them for the entire game. We didn't press once. It's not the first time that JDT heralds intensity, and yet we see none. It was clear that JDT set us up to sit deep to try to nullify their pace down the flanks. I thought we did OK in the first half, but I expected us to be more adventurous in the second-half. It never materialised, and our infamous lack of being able to earn anything after a goal behind saw our heads drop. We know the rest.

For a derby, the absolute minimum you expect is for the players to show fight and audacity. It doesn't matter about quality. Blood and thunder is what is needed in a game like this, and I still cannot grasp that we just weren't up for it. I'm sat here really struggling to forgive JDT for this. You cannot philosophise your way through a derby game, particularly when the quality of your squad is inferior to that of the opposition.

It's going to take a long time for my anger to settle down. It hurts - a lot.

In spite of all that, I cannot deny that JDT has, overall, exceeded my expectations so far this season. On the one hand, I'm not totally convinced that we will maintain our league position with the way we've performed, overall. On the other hand, this league isn't necessarily about performances, but about grinding out wins. It may be cliche, but I've seen the Championship enough to know that playing teams at good times and bad times has a huge bearing on things, more so than Premier League.

I'm still in support of JDT. He's still done enough for me to believe that we will improve. In context, the club went through a summer of staff restructuring, which I can accept hindered our transfer window, and although that had zero bearing on the manner of our defeat yesterday, he's still earned the right for time to truly mold the squad with another couple of windows. I'm not one for being too critical of how the games have gone if we are sat high in the table, but yesterday was an absolute bombshell. It will take some time to get over it, if ever.

You must be in your teens, right?

Worst you've ever felt? So not the multiple relegations. Not the tyrannical reign of Kean where he had to be shamed into resigning as he was never getting sacked. Not the 5 years of listlessness under Mowbray?

Curious.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

And to cap an awful day I was threatened with being ejected with my 11 year old granddaughter because we had the temerity to wave a five foot by three foot Rovers flag an hour before kick off. The CCTV operator spotted it and sent this busy cow to tell me not to save it. I asked why and she said we have a zero tolerance to flags (quite ironic really on Remembrance Sunday) and if we waved it again we would be ejected from the ground. After that I spotted at least half a dozen on the Longside including an Indian flag. I also had my flask confiscated outside the ground and when I collected it after the match it was damaged.

Never mind though we will roll out the red carpet for them in March when several thousand descend on Ewood.

I'd give them the entire Darwen End if they can fill it. We certainly can't with our boycotting fans.

5 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

In peace as ever ...

I, for one, deliberately didn't post yesterday ... having seen a few winters and having been on the other side of the equation a few times, the last thing one needs is some b***end from the opposite camp rubbing your nose in it !

Having spent Remembrance Sunday morning saluting with my six-fingered hand, and pointing in wonderment at planes, the game was strange. It was as if JDT had not seen or learnt anything from our rout at Bramall Lane. " Derby " day defeats aren't easy to take at the best of times, but there seemed to be no cohesion, fight or passion from the Blues, and that's another matter ... I can quite understand your frustrations ... 

I wish Tella had not made that gesture to the Rovers player, these things have a habit of coming back to haunt you. One early mistimed tackle at Ewood, a red card, a vociferous home crowd, Brereton-Diaz having a stormer and things could easily be reversed next time round ..

Having said all that, if you'd have offered both sets of fans the current League table on 1st August, we'd have all taken it ...

I'd have very much liked the stonewall penalty and red card - that would have thrown the cat among the pigeons. Alas the ref bottled it.

5 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

In peace as ever ...

I’d have that photo blown up life size and plastered all around the dressing room walls before the home game in March. If that doesn’t motivate them nothing will. I learnt a long time ago as a player you never give your opponents anything to work on if you can avoid it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You must be in your teens, right?

Worst you've ever felt? So not the multiple PL relegations. Not the tyrannical reign of Kean where he had to be shamed into resigning as he was never getting sacked. Not the 5 years of listlessness under Mowbray?

Curious.

That was up there with the Wigan relegation game for me. However at least we tried a bit in that game.

• Backroom

What's strange is the obvious issue with being told "We're 3rd in the league, everything is great" to "we can't compete with Burnley". I mean, one of these clearly needs to be examined a lot deeper if they are both true as a team 3rd in the league after 21 games should be able to compete with anyone in that league. 

• Like 4

Quite happy for the WC break now. After a really good run of form and a chance to be top by Christmas, that defeat has set us back months. I hope someone sits the manager down to explain why that isn't just another defeat and to highlight the issues that led to their win, are exactly why we've lost the other games we have this season. Something needs to change as we can't keep riding our luck.

I've half supported him leaving Dack out of the side while we've been picking up wins, but when you have worse players (performing poorly as well) starting over him every week, it doesn't make any sense. He's a goal threat from midfield and we have to integrate him.

Whenever we don't have Diaz or Gallagher on the pitch, we look abject. Another striker (that's actually good) is a must in January. 

JDT must be planning on bringing in a new LB/LWB, because there's no way Brittain should be playing there, with Hedges covering on the other side. We lose the threat of our best full/wing back and arguably our best midfielder. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Worst you've ever felt? So not the multiple PL relegations. Not the tyrannical reign of Kean where he had to be shamed into resigning as he was never getting sacked. Not the 5 years of listlessness under Mowbray?

Yes. We were humiliated by our most bitter rivals who, at least in my lifetime, had their most comfortable victory against us yet.

It's about extremes. This season has been an absolute rollercoaster. We've had some appalling performances and defeats, yet we are somehow third in the table. And to go from believing that we might finally have had a level playing field before yesterday's game to being embarrassed on the pitch by that lot is the pits for me.

Kean's reign of tyranny was like being slowly boiled in a pot. Mowbray outstaying his welcome the same. The ups and downs of this season, and not knowing whether to feel confident or to give up before we even kick-off, all came to a head yesterday. Burnley summed up the worst in us this season. Of all the games I didn't want us to put in our worst performance, yesterday was it, and we got the worst possible outcome.

So, yes, it's the worst I've ever felt as a Rovers supporter, in spite of our league position and the belief that JDT will work out.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I was far more pissed off when Mowbray didn't try to win the League One title, but there you go. 

I was far, far more pissed off after throwing that 2 goal lead away at Preston a few years ago.

Or Roberts and McCarthy missing those 2 penalties against Bolton.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

A day on from a truly pitiful, gutless, shameful performance against a side that were far better.

Tomasson got his team and tactics horribly wrong and far from the first time this season, we didn't compete, we didn't create, we were embarassing.

Our squad is massively lacking in certain areas, made much worse by bizarre selection. Garrett is miles off the quality needed, why is he starting such a big game, and Adam Wharton misses out on the squad?

Jack Vale will not be close to a Championship striker as long as he has a hole in his arse, he is a lazy prick too, half arsed. Says a lot when our "number 1" striking summer target can't get on the bench over him.

Also, what is Mola about, and why is he starting over Scott Wharton? This inverted full back shit needs knocking on the head too.

Also, people genuinely name dropping Mowbray in when looking for blame? That's a stretch even for his biggest critics.

I don't even understand how anyone can have gone yesterday and not felt it in the pit of their stomach.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I hope GB calls JDT in his office to explain that shit show.  Very Mowbrayesque.  He said we would defend from the front, head towards goal when we get the balland harry them when they havg>

That’s the problem - who is holding anybody to account ? What do you think Jack would have done after that result ? I’d say JDT would be told in no uncertain terms that the return fixture must be won, or else.

41 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's a warm weather training camp, not an 18-30 lads holiday.

It’s a jolly, nothing else. If I’d been chief exec I’d have cancelled it and made them run along the beach at Blackpool. It was good enough for Stanley Matthews

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

A day on from a truly pitiful, gutless, shameful performance against a side that were far better.

Tomasson got his team and tactics horribly wrong and far from the first time this season, we didn't compete, we didn't create, we were embarassing.

Our squad is massively lacking in certain areas, made much worse by bizarre selection. Garrett is miles off the quality needed, why is he starting such a big game, and Adam Wharton misses out on the squad?

Jack Vale will not be close to a Championship striker as long as he has a hole in his arse, he is a lazy prick too, half arsed. Says a lot when our "number 1" striking summer target can't get on the bench over him.

Also, what is Mola about, and why is he starting over Scott Wharton? This inverted full back shit needs knocking on the head too.

Also, people genuinely name dropping Mowbray in when looking for blame? That's a stretch even for his biggest critics.

I don't even understand how anyone can have gone yesterday and not felt it in the pit of their stomach.

I didn’t like Mowbray but I must admit I think he would have done a better job yesterday. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very disappointing to lose today but we just didn't well enough on the pitch. I don't think JDT picked the right formation today. We didn't get in Burnley players. Playing out from the back today cost is massively, and it was suicidal at times. Mola was awful second half. First half we sat deep and kept the shape well and limited them to 2 chances late in the half. We didn't created anything and if Brittian had played a better ball to Gallagher and I think we would have took the lead. 

Second half we had a 5 minutes spell at the start of the second half were we look threaten but after Gallagher went off we didn't off note. I felt that the Barnes first goal should have ruled a foul after he pushed Kaminski into the net. Second half we weren't good enough to get anything from that goal. 

I also felt that the ref was weak and didn't stamp his authority on the game were players got away with fouls that should have been yellow cards. 

We need to look at the overall season and we are 3rd after 21 league games which is above most people expectations for the season and deffo above my expectations. Hopefully in the 5 weeks break we can get some good training in and JDT can work with these players and improve them and they can get to understand him more what he wants from them tactical and performance wise, then we can get a playoff place at least from this season. 

I think the 5 at the back stop us being any sort of attacking force and I think we should have lined 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation as this would have given us a better platform to have an impact on the game

I don't think its need to be factor at all, if you are good enough then you are old enough. 

Garrett was decent enough along with any other players who got 5's but no-one should out today for us. Lots of 3's, 4's and 5's for BRFCS ratings. 

Of course you do.

1 hour ago, renrag said:

Nothing could ever be worse than Crystal Palace in 1989

Although I remember listening on the radio and the bitter disappointment in my house, I was a little too young to understand the significance of it. 

For me losing the penalties at Bramall Lane in 93 was the worst I've felt coming off a ground. I genuinely believed we were going to Wembley one way or another that year. I think that taught me a lot about disappointment.

The difference yesterday was I knew exactly how it would pan out. I posted it on page 2 here. I knew full well JDT would play that way and fully expected what we got. I went in hope rather than anticipation, hope that JDT would actually try and avoid it playing out as it did.  As @jim mk2says, it's hardly a shock based on  many of our away performances this season.

I think those who believed we would win are the most disappointed. Nothing wrong with that. I think I'd braced myself for it.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

I agree with @rog of the rovers that we need to keep some perspective and we need to look at the season so far in a 21 games block. I think we have overachieved this season and no way did I think we would be 3rd in the league after 21 games and going into the world cup break. I think Jon Dahl Tomasson has been a breath of fresh air since his appointment, He understand the club and wants to take this club back to the PL and keep us there and not be yo-yo club like some other clubs have been. He has been very good with bringing young players through. He is clearly happy with the coaching staff he has here despite what people think on here. His and Gregg Broughton appointments is a new era for the club, and they have explained what the plan is and how they will implement the plan. I think people having a go for JDT for not understanding the importance of the game or he needs to be sack or replace is unwarranted and unnecessary in my opinion.  

I am not angry or mad about yesterday performance (I am disappointed but that's it). I am proud and passionate Rovers fan and I have some great memories from supporting this great club over the last 32 years and those memories will always been there and they will always outweigh days like yesterday.  

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve seen our first half described as “good”, “ok”, “positive”, “working perfectly”.

It was none of these things. We barely set foot in their half and didn’t have a single shot. Even if San Marino played Brazil they’d have more of a go than we did. It was blindingly obvious that they would score eventually if we carried on like that.

I would say that defensive wise in the first half we were good and limited them to 2 chances all first half. In the attacking sense we were poor apart from one moment that Brittain were he had simple ball through to Gallagher who would have been one on one with keeper, and I think he would score. 

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

This game is always going to be viewed in isolation, at least by our supporters who really get it, so the whole “we are third” is irrelevant. It’s also the same thing we heard all the way through the back end of last season, but look how that went…

Well, some people like myself haven't taken this one game in isolation but have taken the spell of 21 games together as I think we should do. Yes I know and fully aware of how important this rivalry before someone says I don't understand it. 

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

I've been posting since the season started that we need a hard ugly b@st@rd in there who can also play a bit.

Those days have gone, and football has moved on now from these types of players. 

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course you do.

It was foul anywhere on the pitch sadly the ref bottled like a number of other decisions yesterday. 

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Garrett is miles off the quality needed, why is he starting such a big game, and Adam Wharton misses out on the squad?

Garrett was better than Travis and Morton yesterday, Buckley did nothing, Dack similar. 

Garrett made a couple of tackles and did play a good ball to BBD in the second half. what did the rest do? nothing at all

Was Adam Wharton injury? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with @rog of the rovers that we need to keep some perspective and we need to look at the season so far in a 21 games block. I think we have overachieved this season and no way did I think we would be 3rd in the league after 21 games and going into the world cup break. I think Jon Dahl Tomasson has been a breath of fresh air since his appointment, He understand the club and wants to take this club back to the PL and keep us there and not be yo-yo club like some other clubs have been. He has been very good with bringing young players through. He is clearly happy with the coaching staff he has here despite what people think on here. His and Gregg Broughton appointments is a new era for the club, and they have explained what the plan is and how they will implement the plan. I think people having a go for JDT for not understanding the importance of the game or he needs to be sack or replace is unwarranted and unnecessary in my opinion.  

I am not angry or mad about yesterday performance (I am disappointed but that's it). I am proud and passionate Rovers fan and I have some great memories from supporting this great club over the last 32 years and those memories will always been there and they will always outweigh days like yesterday.  

I would say that defensive wise in the first half we were good and limited them to 2 chances all first half. In the attacking sense we were poor apart from one moment that Brittain were he had simple ball through to Gallagher who would have been one on one with keeper, and I think he would score. 

Well, some people like myself haven't taken this one game in isolation but have taken the spell of 21 games together as I think we should do. Yes I know and fully aware of how important this rivalry before someone says I don't understand it. 

Those days have gone, and football has moved on now from these types of players. 

It was foul anywhere on the pitch sadly the ref bottled like a number of other decisions yesterday. 

You are specifically in the Burnley thread within the following hours of a quite frankly embarrassing battering at the home of our local rivals, when it is still raw, not as much as the place to eulogise over the project.

People aren't saying that the defeat was bad enough that it means that 3rd isn't good enough, but as ever and as posted, elsewhere, there is no accountability. The manager messed up and if you are keen to avoid such criticism then is this the thread for you?

We didn't lay a glove on them, 3 nil flattered us. Blame the ref all you want, we had one shot and they were sadly far better.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Garrett was better than Travis and Morton yesterday, Buckley did nothing, Dack similar. 

Garrett made a couple of tackles and did play a good ball to BBD in the second half. what did the rest do? nothing at all

Was Adam Wharton injury? 

Garrett isn't up to it at this present moment.