BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Ajax (huh?) @ Marbella

6 hours ago, J*B said:

Thought Adam Wharton looked bored and disinterested. Which only adds further fuel to my suspicion every single first team game he doesn’t play is seriously hampering his progress. 

He has looked like that in a few Academy games, it could well be that is just how he looks. 

9 hours ago, J*B said:

Thought Adam Wharton looked bored and disinterested. Which only adds further fuel to my suspicion every single first team game he doesn’t play is seriously hampering his progress. 

If that’s the case then I’d question his attitude and temperament, rather than question the selections. He was bullied against West Ham in his last outing. Still got a long way to go - but fantastic potential all the same.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That's it. He looks lethargic, slow and disinterested a lot like Chris Waddle did. He's none of those, it's just the way he is.

He also looks knackered from the moment he walks onto the pitch, but then puts in a full match of hard graft. End product is the only thing that counts

• Like 2

• Backroom
11 hours ago, briansol said:

Watched the Ajax game, entertaining and really good performance from Rovers, especially in the second half which they dominate. Ajax had 5-6 regulars, as well experienced Steekelburg in goal. Had a couple of youngsters who they spent 5 and 12 mill pounds for in the summer. The rest plays in the second tier in the Dutch league.

Rovers had a similar setup, while our regulars are playing Championship, not Champions league, and the bit-part players most play U21 football.

Buckley was back to his best, Dolan and Brittain was also great, while the rest had decent matches. A shoutout to Rankin-Costello who performed suprisingly well in centre-mid. Some really nice football displayed by Rovers, which showed their abilities when the intensity is a bit lower than Championship football. Although it was a training match, and Ajax was not to keen on the dirty stuff, it was still comforting to see Rovers turning it on against a better side(at least on paper).

Not surprised JRC played better in the middle tbh. CAM was his main position when he was scoring in the academy.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we can play out from the back in right circumstances and it about being adaptable and understanding the game situation. 

We are terrible at it. Most of the time when we try to play it out from the back we don’t actually get “out”. If we are lucky Kaminski alleviates the panic by kicking it out for a throw in, when we aren’t lucky we concede possession to the opposition in a dangerous position and sometimes they score.

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That's it. He looks lethargic, slow and disinterested a lot like Chris Waddle did. He's none of those, it's just the way he is.

I remember everyone saying how knackered Damien Duff looked. He just looked like that! He looked like that in his debut after 30 seconds.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We are terrible at it. Most of the time when we try to play it out from the back we don’t actually get “out”. If we are lucky Kaminski alleviates the panic by kicking it out for a throw in, when we aren’t lucky we concede possession to the opposition in a dangerous position and sometimes they score.

Yep. Looking at the highlights though, Ajax are even worse at it. They weren't learning at all either - we took advantage of it, robbed them and Dolan had a chance as a consequence, then from what appeared to be the resulting goal kick, they immediately did it again, got caught again, and this time Dolan scored.

The Dutch disease appears to have become a football pandemic. Loads of teams are at it these days. We do it of course, even though most of our goals come from quick counter attacks and stealing the ball off opponents who pass it around at the back.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

On 03/12/2022 at 12:44, chaddyrovers said:

why Bruce? Surely we should play like JDT wants us to?

Because it's really, really fucking stupid and suicidal to play like that. As well as being dangerous, it's illogical and achieves zero perceivable advantage even when it doesn't go tits up. I don't care if JDT or Jesus wants us to play like that, it doesn't make any sense. I thought we already had this discussion, where you admitted managers can get it wrong?

Kaminski is a goalkeeper, he should be keeping in the goal.

• Like 5

They are watching teams in the World cup do it and have been watching world class Prem players do it.  So in great time honoured football fashion a lightbulb goes off in the FA and they recommend young players be coached into doing it.

As a lot at this level are learning on the job then this is what we are seeing and it's being sold as improving them so their value is higher.

All more stat driven bullshit keeping technical positions relevant and costing clubs millions more and it'll just lead to everyone playing the same. Individuality dying out characters dying out all in the pursuit of more robotic players coming through academies and straight into lower level teams.

They need to learn how to mix it up a bit and also plans B & C but we tend to see more and more the same thing over and over, keep doing it until it works.

Southgate is probably behind it all and if England win the World Cup doing it and Rovers ever gain promotion doing it i'll be ecstatic. And of course withdraw this post and my complaints, i'm not too worried about that though !

• Like 4