BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/12/22

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Strange criticism of the selection. He's changed 6 players from the capitulation against PNE. Is that not what everyone was asking for? 

JRC's at RB cos there's no-one else fit - Cater and Brittain both injured. 

Good to see Buckley back - I'd have dropped Morton rather than Travis but there you go. 

No, everybody was asking for us not to pass it around aimlessly at the back, as it was causing us to concede goals.

• Like 3

Strange criticism of the selection. He's changed 6 players from the capitulation against PNE. Is that not what everyone was asking for? 

Good to see Buckley back - I'd have dropped Morton rather than Travis but there you go. 

People were asking for specific changes and one of the biggest criticisms of the last 2 selections was the absence of Adam Wharton in the team, never mind the squad. Still the case.

• Like 1

That's the problem with a thin squad, but JRC is worse than Travis at the back.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah, that as well, but this thread shows people wanted half the team dropping. Let's not re-write history.

If anyone is re writing history, it’s you to be fair. 

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If anyone is re writing history, it’s you to be fair. 

Factually incorrect. I've just explained why you are, can you explain how I am? All I said was he's changed half the team which is what everyone wanted. People also want us to stop passing about at the back. That's 2 things that people want that aren't mutually exclusive. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

I think the team selection shows how unhappy he was with last week performance against PNE. 

Pleased that Gallagher, Buckley and Pickering are back in our team today and that he has dropped Travis finally. He deserved to be dropped. Morton has been good overall in the season but still would like Adam Wharton in the team or at least on the bench. 

JRC is in the team cos Brittain and Carter are injured. Who else could play right back? Hedges? 

I think we sit deeper and look to play on the counter. Rovers need to defensively solid and I would take a clean sheet right now. 

Think we all expect a defeat here, but I'm desperately hoping for some improvement - especially in XG -and of course avoiding the stupid suicidal defensive possession/mistakes.

Looking at that XI, if Gallagher isn't the 1 in a likely 4-2-3-1 formation I despair. 

Just to put some fear in the group... JRC was RCB with Ayala in training this week, imagine if it's Dolan RWB and JRC playing as a CB in a back 5! ☠️

How on earth Morton has retained his place is beyond me. I don't care what agreement is in place with Liverpool, Rovers as a team must come first. His impact on games is pitiful in terms of assists and goals. Though he's great at our current MO of pointless passing. To make it worse our best prospect for years can't even get in the squad.

Not happy at all. Having said that I hope to be proven totally wrong.

1 minute ago, BlueBro said:

How on earth Morton has retained his place is beyond me. I don't care what agreement is in place with Liverpool, Rovers as a team must come first. His impact on games is pitiful in terms of assists and goals. Though he's great at our current MO of pointless passing. To make it worse our best prospect for years can't even get in the squad.

I suppose he was just edged by Travis in the awfulness stakes.

I'd have dropped both.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlueBro said:

We've got too many 'nice' players who are technically gifted but lack both experience and fight. Whether the lack of 'fight' comes from the manager is debateable but that midfield especially lacks an old experienced head who can put his foot in. Buckley/Morton Wharton/Morton Buckley/Wharton all worry me as partnerships as they don't offer much protection to the back 4.  Burnley's midfield today was Cork/Cullen, both very experienced pro's. I guess that's the price of a 'project' that is required to polish up raw gems and get results at the same time. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets