BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/12/22

massive respect to anyone travelling all the way down there,stupid kick off time,spending their hard earned money close to christmas to watch most likely another weak capitulation in an away match against a v good side

my prediction,f******g pain,more walking football against arguably the best side in the division who are getting real momentum

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Norwich City (a) - 17/12/22
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

Hopefully Tomasson learns after a second derby day embarassment in a way that he didnt in the month that followed the first.

Kaminski

Carter Hyam Wharton Pickering

Buckley A Wharton

Markanday Dack Brereton

Gallagher

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Hedges, Travis, Dolan, Morton, Mola

Play on the counter, no passing it out from the back.

Edited by roversfan99

I’d go…      
                      Kaminski 

Carter     Hyam     Ayala     Pickering

Dolan     Buckley  A. Wharton  Hedges

Dack (c)

Brereton

Pears, S. Wharton, Edun, Harlock, Gallagher, JRC, Markanday

Kaminski off for Pears the first time he fails to kick a ball over the half way line.

However, I expect a back 3 with chasms throughout and random players as “wing backs” who will often be our most advanced players, our centre backs to have several thousand touches between them, and Pukki to score a hat trick with assists from our defenders.

• Like 2

After watching the last two games, I have to keep reminding myself, “we’re third on the table.” It’s not going to last long; lots of clubs creeping up on us, a couple will pass us this week. 

I am not sure I have lost more confidence in jdt, or our squad. I’m not encouraged by either. 

We catch canaries at a bad time, they catch us at a good time. We lose 1-3, it’s not even close. 

In what will be a backs-to-the wall game, I'd be bringing Ayala back in as he's the best we've got when it comes to dealing with pressure in our box.

As for the midfield, we need someone who can harry and play out-balls, so Adam Wharton.

I can't see beyond anything other than another pasting.

3-0 Norwich.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I think it all comes down to what’s more important for JDT. His ego and forcing us to play a way that we don’t have the players for.

Or, three points for the team.

Hoping he gets over himself, bins this pointless, suicide football, gains some pragmatism and we give a good account of ourselves.

• Like 4

As close to we'll get to an absolute banker nailed on loss and that isn't being pessimistic it's a simple case of looking at our away form. Look at how we set up and play and look at the last 2 performances, clueless and confidenceless so nothing but blind hope going into this one.

Bringing Ayala back means we'll be even more camped in our own box !

So desperately need that first goal so get big Sam up the middle, Hedges on the right, Travis at rwb and maybe Dolan in the middle to buzz around upping the tempo a bit. Only way to get something here is have a go at them and go long when you need to.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

massive respect to anyone travelling all the way down there,stupid kick off time,spending their hard earned money close to christmas to watch most likely another weak capitulation in an away match against a v good side

100% sgg 👍

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’ve never been more confident for a loss in all my life. 4-1 hammering with a 3rd straight shocker of a performance.

JDT under serious pressure if that’s the case.

Serious pressure will come when every match is lost between now and the end of January. On current form that's more likely than not. The remainder of this season is a scramble for the five wins needed to ensure another - probably excruciating - seadon in the Championship. 

If we play the same way we've been in the last 2 games, this will be a royal tubbing.

I don't expect JDT to change the approach, which leaves me wondering how many they will put past us, minimum of 4, I reckon 5.

And as we create next to nothing, I don't expect us to score either.

5-0 battering.

Edited by davulsukur

Dont look too good,does it? I reckon the 1-4 home thumping by a very mediocre Preston team was a worse performance than the record 0-7 hammering by Fulham,who did at least look a Premiership side,even then(plus we had 10 men when van Hecke got the red card).

If the suicide football continues you HAVE to blame the manager not the players. About the only thing JDT has got right recently is keeping Markanday & Hirst away from the first team. With two delicate players like that we would probably concede more then five. 

Can't see anything other than a collapse here.

Nothing is ever guaranteed, I may get a pleasant surprise. Just like I may win the lottery. The suspicion persists that the manager is undergoing some psychosis where he sees actually playing well and so persists with his gamelpan. Just about everyone else apart from the ring holders hanging on for their pension can see it though.

The club is a basket case in a false position, and a freefall is imminent

My team for this game

Kaminski 

Carter Hyam S.Wharton Pickering

Buckley A.Wharton

Hedges      Dack         BBD

Gallagher

Subs:- Pears, Ayala, Travis, Morton, Szmodics Hirst, Dolan

33 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Brittain out for a few weeks with a knee injury. 

Gutted for him. 

Quality and one of the right backs in this league