BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

Saw that stat that our expected goals was 0.40. Constantly we are producing such a low number in that stat. 
We look woeful going forward, every time there’s a run made forward we turn back and slow play down. Then we eventually force a ball over the top which gets intercepted. 
Absolutely shite style of football we are playing and it needs to change. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I might say that some of the players need to take responsibility too.  BBD, Gallagher, Buckley and Morton were all very poor.

Agreed, thought Dack worked hard today proved his fitness and there was no need to take him off.

Morton no surprise he is useless on anything other than set pieces, Buckley in and out some decent stuff and some poor takin g too much time on the ball.

Diaz and Gallagher piss poor that forward line should be one of the best in this division but have to say we again have a coach with no idea how to utilize it.

For most of that game Sunderland were there for the taking.

• Like 3

Poor performance ,bewildering subs (given their recent displays) so mainly on JDT more than the players. Hirst needs to be a sub for the reserves NOT the first team. With such a poor bench, how about showing some imagination & putting Scott Wharton on as a "makeshift impact centre-forward." His goal-scoring ability with his head is leagues better than Hirst.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agreed, thought Dack worked hard today proved his fitness and there was no need to take him off.

Morton no surprise he is useless on anything other than set pieces, Buckley in and out some decent stuff and some poor takin g too much time on the ball.

Diaz and Gallagher piss poor that forward line should be one of the best in this division but have to say we again have a coach with no idea how to utilize it.

For most of that game Sunderland were there for the taking.

iv`e been extremley disapointed with morton,he`s definately not the player who was described to us,very air fairy and basically just a bigger leighton clarkson

• Like 5

This JDT football does not create chances, it doesn’t put the opposition under pressure , it is naive, it is ponderous , it has no intent …it is hard to watch .

With  every passing game my belief in the manager decreases..his substitutions are bewildering..defeat totally on him .

We have a midfield of boys where men are needed and we have a Chilean striker with the strength  a kitten . BBD needs to be sold  in this window …he gives us nothing …my only solace is…I didn’t travel .

Things need to change …and soon. I just hope he isn’t afforded the time given to Mowbray 

• Like 7

This was the first time I've watched Rovers live in a year and nothing has really changed. We lack intent, penetration, power, pace. Always looking for sideways passes.  Never looking to move the ball forward first time. I had a lovely Christmas spoilt by 2 bookending sporting performances, as Sale Sharks lost at Newcastle too. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

iv`e been extremley disapointed with morton,he`s definately not the player who was described to us,very air fairy and basically just a bigger leighton clarkson

You wouldn't think so the way the commentators bigged him up all afternoon it's almost as if he belongs to a media darling club !

He should have been off today our midfield should always start with two of our own unless there is someone head and shoulders above them here on loan, there isn't.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, gumboots said:

This was the first time I've watched Rovers live in a year and nothing has really changed. We lack intent, penetration, power, pace. Always looking for sideways passes.  Never looking to move the ball forward first time. I had a lovely Christmas spoilt by 2 bookending sporting performances, as Sale Sharks lost at Newcastle too. 

I'm sure i heard a commentator at one point saying Blackburn are third and Sunderland are 3 off the play off spots yet there seems a lack of intent, or words to that effect.

Perfectly sums up both managers though because Sunderland deserved nothing more than a point either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure i heard a commentator at one point saying Blackburn are third and Sunderland are 3 off the play off spots yet there seems a lack of intent, or words to that effect.

Perfectly sums up both managers though because Sunderland deserved nothing more than a point either.

Agreed. Sunderland were nothing special but we don't seem to be able to put games away when we have pressure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, den said:

Bottom line to all this is the squad just isn’t of the standard required. Until that changes things can only deteriorate I.M.O.

we are losing games in midfield because we are lightweight,dwell on the ball to much, don`t get it forwards quickly enough and can`t tackle,eventually over 90 minutes ,we beat ourselves by not being able to get out of our own half,we are an absolute dream to play against

• Like 6

When you’ve got rovers fans going to Sunderland, Blackpool fans going to hull and Wigan fans going to Middlesbrough. Surely they could have generated some better Boxing Day fixtures out of that lot than having 3 sets of fans travelling a 200-250 miles round trip.

I also can’t help but notice the fans of a lot of southern clubs have been looked after particularly London clubs. Spurs v Brentford, palace v Fulham, Arsenal v West Ham, Watford v millwall, Southampton v Brighton.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

When you’ve got rovers fans going to Sunderland, Blackpool fans going to hull and Wigan fans going to Middlesbrough. Surely they could have generated some better Boxing Day fixtures out of that lot than having 3 sets of fans travelling a 200-250 miles round trip.

I also can’t help but notice the fans of a lot of southern clubs have been looked after particularly London clubs. Spurs v Brentford, palace v Fulham, Arsenal v West Ham, Watford v millwall, Southampton v Brighton.

All ‘up north’, aren’t they…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, den said:

Bottom line to all this is the squad just isn’t of the standard required. Until that changes things can only deteriorate I.M.O.

It's good enough to get itself into good positions in the table and it's good enough (Pre PNE) to be winning the majority of its home games.

How good do you need to be to draw at places like Sunderland when being comfortable in the game ?

Some would argue those doing the meddling aren't good enough either and perhaps that is where a lot of the inconsistencies lie. Got the calls all wrong v Burnley & Preston, got them right at Norwich - cup game will leave that one of you expect a lot of changes and maybe experiments. Then today it looks ok, not great but ok until calls are made and we then lose again.

• Like 1

Well we played pretty poorly today but deserved the win. Your lot seemed to be desperate for the draw. When we play fast and on the ground we cause all sorts of bother for the opposition but Mowbray doesn’t seem to have noticed that and drilled it into them. We desperately miss Pritchard playing through balls to Stewart. 

Got to say from the two games we’ve played this season I’m disappointed not to have taken 4 points minimum

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Rovers have a crap squad and a crap team with a crap manager. The thing is it’s a bloody crap division with 24 crap sides. So 3 crap sides will be promoted this season. Just need to hope over a season we’re less crap than 22 teams. 

Tbh I wouldn't say the dingles and sheff utd are crap. You are correct on the rest of what you posted though. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Gallagher and Hirst must be as poor a pair of strikers as we've ever had at the Club at the same time.

I'm not sure - I desperately hope I'm wrong! - but when we signed Hirst on loan, didn’t I read somewhere that the terms of the deal included an obligation to pay the asking price; a bit like the deal in which Wolves have lately signed Matheus Cunha from one of the Spanish clubs?!

Just now, R0verb0y said:

I'm not sure - I desperately hope I'm wrong! - but when we signed Hirst on loan, didn’t I read somewhere that the terms of the deal included an obligation to pay the asking price; a bit like the deal in which Wolves have lately signed Matheus Cunha from one of the Spanish clubs?!

id`e break the rules and take the consequence if thats true,not sure id`e have him for free tbh