BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see this as transition season while the new footballing management settle in and we improve and grow our recruitment. I want like promotion with 2 to 3 seasons similar to Norwich under Webber and Farke, but when we get promote I want to stay there and not be yo-yo club but follow Brighton and Southampton blueprint 

Mowbray has gone, Rovers have moved on from his time here, time you did. 

Its a yellow card at best as @DaveyB posted on here the rules

Yes me and number of other Rovers fans reported the Forest keeper for inciting the Rovers fans with his actions to the Rovers dedicated police officer Susan Moore. I also contacted Rovers and Rovers fan forum member @only2garnersabout it. Samba was spoken to about his actions. Like I said he If I have a problem I will do something about and contact the correct people whether its Football, or other things

Time and patience is given when you trying to implement a new footballing strategy to make us get promote and stay there not be a yo-yo club. 

each person will judge what they want for themselves and each to their own. 

So you don’t care where we finish this season and don’t really think results are important. In fact you won’t even set any sort of target. Sounds familiar. I see you’ve got a new sound bite straight from the club to quote too.

Yo-yoing once would give us more money than Venky’s have put in to this point, so I don’t understand why you’d take issue with it. Plenty of teams yo-yo for a couple of years and then stabilise in the Premier league. Why would that be problematic?

A really disingenuous Mowbray comment. The real reason you don’t like seeing his name mentioned is that you were really reluctant to move him on, your support for him was unwavering for far longer than most fans, and you only committed to a massive u-turn once our season was in the toilet - and you hate to be reminded of that fact.

It wasn’t a yellow card. Your selective interpretation has been proved wrong most recently by our failed appeal. You could make an argument that the rules need changing, but you aren’t even doing that. You are now arguing that the referees and an independent appeals board have implemented them incorrectly and you are unquestionably correct.

I can’t believe the police paid you the slightest bit of attention, and hopefully it was just the lip service your petty display of bad losing warranted. I hope no Boro fans felt incited by Buckley throwing the ball… maybe your pal Susan will be having a word.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, bazza said:

Depends on if you know the person or not. I remember our encounter at Turf Moor after we had been relegated in 1999. Dunney was nearly taken out by a rash sliding tackle. Rovers fans were going apoplectic about it but I seem to remember that days later Dunney said that some of the Burnley players were his mates and it was all good fun.

It’s all good fun if you can get up and walk away afterwards. It was a shocking tackle that could easily have broken a leg. Clearest red card I’ve seen for a long while. Absolute stupidity from Ball. We were only 1-0 up and the game was in the balance. After that the red card it was game over.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see this as transition season while the new footballing management settle in and we improve and grow our recruitment. I want like promotion with 2 to 3 seasons similar to Norwich under Webber and Farke, but when we get promote I want to stay there and not be yo-yo club but follow Brighton and Southampton blueprint 

Mowbray has gone, Rovers have moved on from his time here, time you did. 

Its a yellow card at best as @DaveyB posted on here the rules

Yes me and number of other Rovers fans reported the Forest keeper for inciting the Rovers fans with his actions to the Rovers dedicated police officer Susan Moore. I also contacted Rovers and Rovers fan forum member @only2garnersabout it. Samba was spoken to about his actions. Like I said he If I have a problem I will do something about and contact the correct people whether its Football, or other things

Time and patience is given when you trying to implement a new footballing strategy to make us get promote and stay there not be a yo-yo club. 

each person will judge what they want for themselves and each to their own. 

I think your posts are lacking in soundbites that you have heard from the club.

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

So you don’t care where we finish this season and don’t really think results are important. In fact you won’t even set any sort of target. Sounds familiar. I see you’ve got a new sound bite straight from the club to quote too.

Yo-yoing once would give us more money than Venky’s have put in to this point, so I don’t understand why you’d take issue with it. Plenty of teams yo-yo for a couple of years and then stabilise in the Premier league. Why would that be problematic?

A really disingenuous Mowbray comment. The real reason you don’t like seeing his name mentioned is that you were really reluctant to move him on, your support for him was unwavering for far longer than most fans, and you only committed to a massive u-turn once our season was in the toilet - and you hate to be reminded of that fact.

It wasn’t a yellow card. Your selective interpretation has been proved wrong most recently by our failed appeal. You could make an argument that the rules need changing, but you aren’t even doing that. You are now arguing that the referees and an independent appeals board have implemented them incorrectly and you are unquestionably correct.

I can’t believe the police paid you the slightest bit of attention, and hopefully it was just the lip service your petty display of bad losing warranted. I hope no Boro fans felt incited by Buckley throwing the ball… maybe your pal Susan will be having a word.

Constantly echoes the "transitional season" rubbish, yet strongly approves of letting Brereton run his contract down.

• Like 2

On 30/12/2022 at 13:19, J*B said:

I thought we played really, really well in the first half last night. We could have easily gone in at half time 3-0 up. I could see identity and a clear approach to the match and thought Dack, Hedges, Buckley, JRC and Pickering where standout players.

However Boro let us play like that. I’ve never questioned that we are capable of that. It’s when we play a team pressing us and putting challenges in we have a breakdown. We don’t like it when we can’t play how we like. 

We'll see tomorrow if any lessons learnt as Cardiff were one of the first to show the high press against us results in a very dangerous rise in my already high blood pressure 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think your posts are lacking in soundbites that you have heard from the club.

These posts are my opinion from a passionate Rovers fan who will continue and support this club through the good and bad times and will never give up on Rovers or stop being positive about Rovers full yime. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Constantly echoes the "transitional season" rubbish, yet strongly approves of letting Brereton run his contract down.

We don't agree so we need to agree to disagree here

Plus you don't sell your best players on the cheap. you would have done. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Of course Results are important in any Football but so is building a team that JDT wants and playing a style he wants. 

If we finish top 10 this season I think it would a good one considering the amount of changes that happens in the Footballing key personal and us having a new footballing strategy. Top 6 would be excellent and promotion would be awesome. 

I rather go up and stay up. Plus The EFL would like to see the PL clubs who get relegated not received Parachute payments anymore. I would rather follow the Brighton or Southampton model than Watford one. 

I called for Mowbray to go in February 2021 after the Barnsley game. So your points are mute ones to be honest. 

You keep posting about Miller if you want and so concerned. 

never expected it to be turnover by them lets be realistic. Never a red in million years but no surprised in this country with refereeing standards at an all time low and Referees at Championship level are abysmal at best

Well Miller they did and other fans made similar complaints at the game to the police and to her about Samba's behaviour. She submitted a report to Blackburn Rovers, the UK Football Policing Unit & the EFL. Plus, also spoke to the Nottingham Forest Dedicated Football Officer who works at Nottinghamshire Police regarding their behaviour who made contact with the Club last night and Blackburn Rovers Ground Safety Officer (GSO) is also going to make contact with Nottingham Forest regarding this behaviour. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you disagree with fine, I ain't bothered one bit. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who really bothered about it? ain't me. 

Not sure this aggressive posting style does you any favours Chaddy. 

Certainly doesn't help further a sensible debate. Can some across a bit antagonistic. 

• Like 2

On 30/12/2022 at 11:39, arbitro said:

In October against Swansea Callum Robinson of Cardiff was sent off in the 7th minute for throwing the ball at an opponents head. There are many others too. And according to Tomasson it was the assistant referee who told the referee what had happened. He will have advised the referee to show red card as in his judgement it was thrown with excessive force.

Thanks for this, the clarification and example is appreciated.