BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

The tariff for violent conduct is three games and I'm surprised that the appeal was against the length of the suspension rather than Rovers appealing on the grounds that the red card was wrong. Or perhaps they felt Buckley might have got an extra game for a frivolous appeal which has happened in the past.

'Violent' - lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Not surprised the appeal was rejected, technically a red however soft you think it is.

For me the worst (if probably irrelevant) decision the ref made last night was blowing for full time exactly on 96 minutes after a sub taking up extra time plus a free kick and a corner that took a minute each with the ref motioning that he was stopping his watch 

I’d be interested on Arbitros take on this. 

I think time keeping should be completely taken out of the hands of the referee. Would solve so many issues. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom said:

For me the worst (if probably irrelevant) decision the ref made last night was blowing for full time exactly on 96 minutes after a sub taking up extra time plus a free kick and a corner that took a minute each with the ref motioning that he was stopping his watch 

Yep, wasn't the worst decision but that one wound me up a lot too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

The fact that it was his head made it had to be a no brainer for FA. With the rules on head injuries, heading the ball worries, plus protecting refs decisions they would need a quick decision and move on.

Come off it, a typical header would hurt your head more.

2 hours ago, funny-old-game said:

For me Tony that was the beauty of the game. Players and referees making mistakes, which in turn made  for more organic game as opposed to the sanitiser boring model we have today 

Yeh, really beautiful when referees make mistakes. Bizarre sentiment. Who goes to games to watch the referee? I go to watch a game of football and want the outcome to be decided purely by events on the pitch by the players.

When human cloning is perfected the first thing they should do is repeatedly clone Collina and have him ref every game. Barely any other ref is worth their salt.

• J*B unpinned this topic
On 29/12/2022 at 18:12, rigger said:

That is were our use of Markanday has to be called into question. He does not have the qualities needed to play the position, the Rovers have asked him to play. I will say again - The only thing I have seen from Markanday is a good shot when he has drifted into a central position. I have never seen him show any ability to beat a defender, what are the skills that you mention ?

Despite the fact he spend most of career playing from the right at Spurs and played here. 

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers unsurprised that you think we were robbed, should Buckley leave a decision to be made? 

And Garrett kept miscontrolling the ball and giving it away, not up to it. Loan him out.

Yellow card should have given at best. if that. Its a man game. get on with it. Buckley shouldn't have done it granted. 

On Garrett, we won't agree on him so I won't debate it with you

21 hours ago, roverandout said:

You must have watched a different game if u thought he got his subs right or the players were outstanding 

First half we were very good and some players outstanding like JRC and Pickering had a good game. 

21 hours ago, Crozzy said:

Sorry but bringing on Travis and Garrett was not the right call. We wanted an equaliser, instead we put two defensive mods on to defend a 2-1 loss and not let it get worse. 
Much rather we put someone like Markanday on and maybe Adam Wharton who are forward minded players and creative and go for it and lose 3-1 than sit back and accept 2–1. 
I have really been on the fence about JDT for a long while but those subs were negative and poor. Same as subs against Sunderland, changes the game and not in our favour 

We need energy and people who could close down and made tackles. Dack and Morton couldn't impact the game after the sending off. 

Who would Markanday come on for? 

21 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’m personally not shouting for his head yet, but what were pre-season expectations? Where is an acceptable finish this season?

Mowbray failed to deliver a playoff spot last year, which was seen as a failure and we parted company with him (too late for my liking).

Why should we be accepting anything less than playoffs this time round?

Plenty of JDT’s biggest supporters are delighted with our transfer business. Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell apparently aren’t being missed at all and at least 2 have supposedly been replaced with far superior players, so surely anything less than top 6 shouldn’t be acceptable this year?

I’d also like to pose this to @chaddyroverstoo as he often makes similar comments.

I expect the answer will be “We are third”. Use it while you can, because we won’t be for long. The bar will become lower and lower, just like it did with Mowbray’s staunchest defenders last year.

Promotion was the pre season expectations for most on here despite what people are saying who are calling for him to sack which is totally baffling and nonsense. 

I thought we might make top 6 this season if the players performed well enough. 

We have replaced Nyambe and Lenihan have been replaced and upgraded by my opinions. 

You have to accept that the Footballing side of the club has had massive turnover in terms of backroom where we had make 3 key appointments to the footballing side of the club in DoF, Head Coach and head of recruitment. Then bringing first team recruitment staff and they have been in place a couple of months. 

Also Mowbray has gone and it take you moved it. We need to focus on the future and building a club and squad that will stay in the PL when we get promote like Brighton and Southampton have. I don't want to be yo-yo club. I was talking to a work colleague last night when I got to work and I was talking about fans not having patience and allowing time for the head coach to build his own squad and play the style he wants overall. He agree and he fully expected that his club would be the same when Klopp when goes that it would need time and patience for the next appointment to build his own team and signing

21 hours ago, Tom said:

I was hoping you’d post about the incident, I was waiting for an educated view on it.

As expected, from a refereeing perspective it’s a red card, silly silly Buckley

Not sure how you can say the subs were right when they had no positive impact on the flow of the game nor the outcome, you’d have much more evidence to say he didn’t get his subs right as we were losing and he failed to alter the course.

Oh and as above from a qualified and experienced referee, blame Buckley for giving the ref the decision to have to make.

Do I really need to agree with a Qualified and experience referee? No I don't. It was nothing incident just get on with the game and stop mothering these players. It meant to be professional sport. Also the standard of refereeing in this country is a pathetic and way below where it stop be. constant mistakes every game and in the PL VAR decisions are a joke. Time the EFL and PGMOL focus on improving the standard of refereeing in this country and less time thinking of streaming games and lowering stadium attendances. 

Also @DaveyBpost shows it should have been yellow card at best. 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Promotion was the pre season expectations for most on here despite what people are saying who are calling for him to sack which is totally baffling and nonsense. 

I thought we might make top 6 this season if the players performed well enough. 

We have replaced Nyambe and Lenihan have been replaced and upgraded by my opinions. 

You have to accept that the Footballing side of the club has had massive turnover in terms of backroom where we had make 3 key appointments to the footballing side of the club in DoF, Head Coach and head of recruitment. Then bringing first team recruitment staff and they have been in place a couple of months. 

Also Mowbray has gone and it take you moved it. We need to focus on the future and building a club and squad that will stay in the PL when we get promote like Brighton and Southampton have. I don't want to be yo-yo club. I was talking to a work colleague last night when I got to work and I was talking about fans not having patience and allowing time for the head coach to build his own squad and play the style he wants overall. He agree and he fully expected that his club would be the same when Klopp when goes that it would need time and patience for the next appointment to build his own team and signing

Do I really need to agree with a Qualified and experience referee? No I don't. It was nothing incident just get on with the game and stop mothering these players. It meant to be professional sport. Also the standard of refereeing in this country is a pathetic and way below where it stop be. constant mistakes every game and in the PL VAR decisions are a joke. Time the EFL and PGMOL focus on improving the standard of refereeing in this country and less time thinking of streaming games and lowering stadium attendances. 

Also @DaveyBpost shows it should have been yellow card at best. 

I don’t really have any clearer idea on what sort of league finish you think would be acceptable. I’m afraid I don’t understand your Mowbray comment,

Come on Chaddy, if it’d been the other way round and a Boro player had chucked the ball at one of ours you’d want him hung, drawn and quartered. You literally reported the Forest keeper to the police last year for much less!

• Like 5

Time and patience are earnt, not given unconditionally. If we are just writing off this season as one to let him get his style across, lets close the messageboard and reserve all judgement and open it again in the summer.

Most people will judge on a game by game basis, not just automatically start with total faith before anything has been done.

Buckley is a dickhead for doing what he did, an act of total stupidity and petulance and I would be pissed off with him as a team mate as I am as a fan. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

I don't want to use up my quota of ☝️ 'likes' 😉, but I totally agree with this first paragraph.

I don't think there is a like quota anymore, I suggested it to the admins and they changed it. It's either gone or a lot higher now, I haven't hit a limit since.

4 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

I'm talking from how FA may view it. Throwing a ball on back of someone's head is a deliberate act. Whether it hurts more is not the issue. 

Depends on if you know the person or not. I remember our encounter at Turf Moor after we had been relegated in 1999. Dunney was nearly taken out by a rash sliding tackle. Rovers fans were going apoplectic about it but I seem to remember that days later Dunney said that some of the Burnley players were his mates and it was all good fun.

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

I'm talking from how FA may view it. Throwing a ball on back of someone's head is a deliberate act. Whether it hurts more is not the issue. 

But you were talking about head injuries. You'd need to have brittle bone disease for that throw to cause any sort of injury.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

But you were talking about head injuries. You'd need to have brittle bone disease for that throw to cause any sort of injury.

I'm putting across how the FA may view  their decision because his head was involved. They would have to be seen as taking a stick view because it's his head.

Looks extreme when you see it but it's his head so that's their decision and therefore the rule regardless of what we think.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Despite the fact he spend most of career playing from the right at Spurs and played here. 

Yes, I make judgements on what I actually see. Played wide he is almost as ineffective as Hirst. Spurs let him go for a knockdown fee.

10 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t really have any clearer idea on what sort of league finish you think would be acceptable.

I see this as transition season while the new footballing management settle in and we improve and grow our recruitment. I want like promotion with 2 to 3 seasons similar to Norwich under Webber and Farke, but when we get promote I want to stay there and not be yo-yo club but follow Brighton and Southampton blueprint 

I’m afraid I don’t understand your Mowbray comment,

Mowbray has gone, Rovers have moved on from his time here, time you did. 

Come on Chaddy, if it’d been the other way round and a Boro player had chucked the ball at one of ours you’d want him hung, drawn and quartered.

Its a yellow card at best as @DaveyB posted on here the rules

You literally reported the Forest keeper to the police last year for much less!

Yes me and number of other Rovers fans reported the Forest keeper for inciting the Rovers fans with his actions to the Rovers dedicated police officer Susan Moore. I also contacted Rovers and Rovers fan forum member @only2garnersabout it. Samba was spoken to about his actions. Like I said he If I have a problem I will do something about and contact the correct people whether its Football, or other things

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Time and patience are earnt, not given unconditionally. If we are just writing off this season as one to let him get his style across, lets close the messageboard and reserve all judgement and open it again in the summer.

Time and patience is given when you trying to implement a new footballing strategy to make us get promote and stay there not be a yo-yo club. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Most people will judge on a game by game basis, not just automatically start with total faith before anything has been done.

each person will judge what they want for themselves and each to their own.