BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Shame because seemingly Carrick was apparently under serious consideration and wanted the job.

Compare his impact at Middlesbrough in such a short space of time with the mess which is now Rovers.  We'll be lucky to keep out of bottom six - opponents have us sussed and we've no answers.

13 points in 22 games would take us above the points tally of 6th bottom from last season. Hyperbole is certainly your forte.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seem people haven't learn from Norwich game where people were expecting to lose and take a hammering but its no surprised with some people on here. We are 3rd in the league and people's negativity is baffling. 

Was Carrick even in for Rovers job? I haven't read or seen anything that says Carrick was in for the job. 

Rovers are 3rd in the league and you think we are mess. I give up with people attitude like this.  

Whereas your unwavering echoing and defence of everything in the club is equally baffling to others.

7 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We need strength in depth, like the venkys coming up with a January transfer kitty and offloading deadwood Hirst and Markannday.

I think Markanday looked sharp, hungry and very promising against Forest. Very unfortunate to get subbed.  

Two wingers, two strikers, 3 centre mids.

Be direct, work the ball out wide, cross it, let the midfield then push on.  We don't have the ability to pass it out from the back due to our inept, weak midfield that can't play on the half-turn.  

Even pump it long, stretch the game and play off knock-downs- whatever. We just don't have the personnel to be passing it out.

I'd like to see.

Kaminski

Wharton- Ayala - Hyam

Travis
                                 Buckley                   Morton
             Markanday                                                    Dolan

Brereton                 Gallagher

• Like 4

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Whereas your unwavering echoing and defence of everything in the club is equally baffling to others.

wrong again but this tripe just get posted by people. I posted criticism of the club when I feel fit and it needed. I don't get mad, angry or stewed for days after any losses or performances. Sadly, in life there is bigger and more important issues to focus on for me. 

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I wouldn't call Markanday deadwood until we've had a decent look at him but if they can't find an upgrade on Hirst they ought to be offloaded themselves. 

Markanday is wide attack whilst Hirst is number 9 striker. They played very different position. 

6 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Dolan

Dolan is injured for the next 2 games

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

wrong again but this tripe just get posted by people. I posted criticism of the club when I feel fit and it needed. I don't get mad, angry or stewed for days after any losses or performances. Sadly, in life there is bigger and more important issues to focus on for me. 

Markanday is wide attack whilst Hirst is number 9 striker. They played very different position. 

Dolan is injured for the next 2 games

Hirst has been used here both wide and central

• Like 2

I think recruitment was seemingly done based on the assumption that Buckley could convert successfully to being a deeper lying midfielder which he has failed to adapt to. His best form actually came as a false 9 in a very specific formation which obviously tailed off. His biggest asset is his ability to press and win the ball back deep, and he also has the ability to put players through on goal. Further back, he can't press too much otherwise he leaves gaps, he is too far away to be a threat at putting people in behind and he takes too many touches and can't take the ball effectively on the half turn without being a major risk, just like Morton and Travis.

I remember people in the summer implying that Buckley replaced Rothwell, but it just hasnt worked. 

With the balance of our squad now, it is very difficult to now cut our losses with the change and again consider him to be a more attacking midfielder due to the fee spent on an inferior player in Szmodics and especially with Dack also being an option and who is the best of the 3. We also lack quality in central midfield which is our weakest position along with centre forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I think Markanday looked sharp, hungry and very promising against Forest. Very unfortunate to get subbed.  

Two wingers, two strikers, 3 centre mids.

Be direct, work the ball out wide, cross it, let the midfield then push on.  We don't have the ability to pass it out from the back due to our inept, weak midfield that can't play on the half-turn.  

Even pump it long, stretch the game and play off knock-downs- whatever. We just don't have the personnel to be passing it out.

I'd like to see.

Kaminski

Wharton- Ayala - Hyam

Travis
                                 Buckley                   Morton
             Markanday                                                    Dolan

Brereton                 Gallagher

Whats happened to BBD, hes going through a bit of a goal drought. When Ben fires blanks were there for the taking. The ideal result would be Rovers 3-0 bbd, gallagher, dolan.

1 minute ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Whats happened to BBD, hes going through a bit of a goal drought. When Ben fires blanks were there for the taking. The ideal result would be Rovers 3-0 bbd, gallagher, dolan.

Dolan is out for at least a month

3 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I agree with 2 wingers, something Ewood has been short of for a while. Get a decent winger signed and we might see a few more goals.

Edited by RoversTilliDie