BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

13 points in 22 games would take us above the points tally of 6th bottom from last season. Hyperbole is certainly your forte

My offer of a bet with Chaddy was based on Rovers not finishing top half.  Yes I have mentioned bottom 6 in a previous post but let's not split hairs.

Our last four games, points 3, conceded 9, scored 4.  Perforformances against Burnley, PNE and Sunderland have been shambolic.  When you lose and play well there is a sense of some hope, however, when you consistently lose and stink the place out at the same time then alarm bells should be resoundingly loud and clear.

Exaggerated worries from me?  I don't think so.  Hope you enjoy your ride - I'm pretty sure it's going to be a bumpy one.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

My offer of a bet with Chaddy was based on Rovers not finishing top half.  Yes I have mentioned bottom 6 in a previous post but let's not split hairs.

Our last four games, points 3, conceded 9, scored 4.  Perforformances against Burnley, PNE and Sunderland have been shambolic.  When you lose and play well there is a sense of some hope, however, when you consistently lose and stink the place out at the same time then alarm bells should be resoundingly loud and clear.

Exaggerated worries from me?  I don't think so.  Hope you enjoy your ride - I'm pretty sure it's going to be a bumpy one.

Ive been as critical as anyone about our recent form and our performances. You specifically said bottom 6 in the quote I posted so I just thought a bit of perspective on such an extreme prediction was needed. 

• Like 2

Well we'll still be in the top 6 (just) regardless tonight, so the stock response of "look where we are in the league" despite the tripe being served up will live on a bit longer yet. It really is baffling how we're 3rd as things stand, you'd imagine not for much longer though as others pick up the pace for the business end of the season.

If BBD is carrying a knock as reported then he won't play, inclined to think he just wants a bit of time out of the limelight though.

I suppose one things we have in our favour is our recent head to head record with Boro, they must have playing us. On the flip side Sam Gallagher loves playing against then. Based on this I'm going for a 1 nil home win, Gallagher the scorer from the edge of the box.

11 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I think Markanday looked sharp, hungry and very promising against Forest. Very unfortunate to get subbed.  

Two wingers, two strikers, 3 centre mids.

Be direct, work the ball out wide, cross it, let the midfield then push on.  We don't have the ability to pass it out from the back due to our inept, weak midfield that can't play on the half-turn.  

Even pump it long, stretch the game and play off knock-downs- whatever. We just don't have the personnel to be passing it out.

I'd like to see.

Kaminski

Wharton- Ayala - Hyam

Travis
                                 Buckley                   Morton
             Markanday                                                    Dolan

Brereton                 Gallagher

Yeah to be fair after conceding 9 goals in 4 games it makes sense to only play with 3 defenders...

I'd return to a back 5 tonight and try to get back to at least defending well, even if we continue firing blanks somewhat in attack.

TK

Carter (if fit) Hyam Ayala Wharton Pickering

Buckley Morton

Dack

BBD Gallagher

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Well we'll still be in the top 6 (just) regardless tonight, so the stock response of "look where we are in the league" despite the tripe being served up will live on a bit longer yet. It really is baffling how we're 3rd as things stand, you'd imagine not for much longer though as others pick up the pace for the business end of the season.

If BBD is carrying a knock as reported then he won't play, inclined to think he just wants a bit of time out of the limelight though.

I suppose one things we have in our favour is our recent head to head record with Boro, they must have playing us. On the flip side Sam Gallagher loves playing against then. Based on this I'm going for a 1 nil home win, Gallagher the scorer from the edge of the box.

Our we good enough for the Premier yet, I think not. Look at Forest who went up last season, they've been mauled all season and look certain for a return to the Championship. Lets hope burnley get promoted and get the same treatment. Lenihan wants his boro team to rise to the occasion, probably why were still in the Championship he was captain here last season. JDT needs time to build a squad capable of staying in the premiership.

I've no beef against Buckley, never been that impressed though, just seems to saunter around the pitch- Wharton's the same. 

I never understood how people came to the conclusion that Buckley was a replacement for Rothwell. He was the best ball carrying midfielder in the division. A fast, aggressive, dynamic midfielder that could glide past people with ease. He's everything that Buckley isn't. It's like comparing apples and oranges.  Rothwell, with his driving runs created space for other players by pulling the opposition out of position. We've nobody like that now. Bunch of soft, square passing, languid plodders.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I think Markanday looked sharp, hungry and very promising against Forest. Very unfortunate to get subbed.  

Be direct, work the ball out wide, cross it, let the midfield then push on.  We don't have the ability to pass it out from the back due to our inept, weak midfield that can't play on the half-turn.  

Even pump it long, stretch the game and play off knock-downs- whatever. We just don't have the personnel to be passing it out.

I'd like to see.

Kaminski

Wharton- Ayala - Hyam

Travis

Markanday is never a winger, or even a wide forward. For me his position would be in the middle with either Diaz or Gallagher. The future could well be a forward two of Gally and Markanday.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

wrong again but this tripe just get posted by people. I posted criticism of the club when I feel fit and it needed. I don't get mad, angry or stewed for days after any losses or performances. Sadly, in life there is bigger and more important issues to focus on for me. 

Markanday is wide attack whilst Hirst is number 9 striker. They played very different position. 

Dolan is injured for the next 2 games

Markanday has shown nothing as a wide attacking player. He lacks the ability to beat a man with, skill, pace, or physicallity. What he has shown, is that if he is played centrally he has a good shot on him.

Hirst hasn't even shown that he is a footballer.  

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Can't wait for tonight's game, get to watch us play with zero intensity, zero attacking threat or creativity, a piss poor lightweight midfield that will get absolutely run over and a shake defence! Anyone else just as excited as me?! 

I can't be arsed going.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I'd like to see.

Kaminski

Wharton- Ayala - Hyam

Travis

I assume from the team selection, that you have money on Boro to win? 😂😂

Everyone wanted a managerial change, the decision on here was unanimous, well here we are.

Rovers 2 Boro 1 - Gallagher to score tonight if he's fit to play and I'll be going, looking forward to it. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Got a feeling Travis will be back for this. Purely to help with Boros counter & to freshen things up. He’s been awful this season bar the opening games however we don’t really have anyone else. 

We all know what’s going to happen tonight, it was like last time we played them at home….everyone has us down to loose, we will play the weaker links, Travis, Szmodics etc and we will win! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I've no beef against Buckley, never been that impressed though, just seems to saunter around the pitch- Wharton's the same. 

I never understood how people came to the conclusion that Buckley was a replacement for Rothwell. He was the best ball carrying midfielder in the division. A fast, aggressive, dynamic midfielder that could glide past people with ease. He's everything that Buckley isn't. It's like comparing apples and oranges.  Rothwell, with his driving runs created space for other players by pulling the opposition out of position. We've nobody like that now. Bunch of soft, square passing, languid plodders.

Ahhh man I miss Rothwell so much. Even though he went missing some games, he was a game chnager for sure. We have no one in our team who can change a game. 
Maybe A Wharton or Diaz but they are both non existent atm. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Ahhh man I miss Rothwell so much. Even though he went missing some games, he was a game chnager for sure. We have no one in our team who can change a game. 
Maybe A Wharton or Diaz but they are both non existent atm. 

Premiership quality on his day BankEnd, you take players like that out of the team and anyone would struggle. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

And it has proved why because even someone as green as JDT can have us in the top 6 with a lightweight squad.  

It took Mowbray FIVE years to even trouble it for a few months so whatever happens this season the decision was proven correct.

Those splinters in your arse must be hurting, its taken you 6 months to come off the fence.

😉

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Those splinters in your arse must be hurting, its taken you 6 months to come off the fence.

😉

A plodder will always be a plodder some of us had that sussed 3 years ago, some it takes a while longer to figure out they're being played.