BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

We don't want any more feckin 'journey' nonsense or 'I need 3 windows' stalling bullsh1t.

Said it time and time again, we need a manager who unequivocally says 'our objective is simple, to get us to the PL in the shortest space of time - no caveats - full stop'.

Mercer be honest do venkys  actually want the Prem ?

If they did Mowbray would have been backed last Jan and a striker bought or what under Bowyer gestede and Rhodes scoring for fun and still not even the play offs

Or the appointment of coyle over warnock while warnock guided cardiff to promotion

Why do we keep ending up with gravy train riders and chancers behind the scenes ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

And building a squad capable of staying in the Premier League comes cheap does it? Players who are capable of that want big wages which we don't pay and signing them will cost big fees. Where will that money come from? Expecting several of our youngsters to be good enough is folly. Some might but most won't. We are third in the league and the manager is dismissing talk of promotion. Does that not alarm you? Mowbray was quite rightly slaughtered for allowing last season to drift away but never came out with any ridiculous statements like Tomasson did yesterday. Going up will put £200m into the club even if we come straight back down. Why would a manager, the most senior footballing person at our club just dismiss that.

If I was thinking about buying a half season ticket I simply wouldn't after that twaddle.

I rest my case, unless youve Billionaire arabs backing you or rich yanks, you dont stand much chance of staying with them. Jack Walker got his swan song in the 90s r.i.p.

Just now, RoversTilliDie said:

I rest my case, unless youve Billionaire arabs backing you or rich yanks, you dont stand much chance of staying with them. Jack Walker got his swan song in the 90s r.i.p.

Could you see players like Haaland and his friends playing for city in the 80s-90s when Rovers seem to stroll to a win everytime they met them on even terms. Stick your Super rich only allowed premiership, were a decent Championship team and i will follow Rovers till I die, my home town my club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Everyone wanted a managerial change, the decision on here was unanimous, well here we are.

Rovers 2 Boro 1 - Gallagher to score tonight if he's fit to play and I'll be going, looking forward to it. 

We’re no worse off Gav, and at least were not complaining about putting Johnson up front and Gally at right back anymore. Plus I’d forgotten what it was like to concede in injury time until the last game.

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

We’re no worse off Gav, and at least were not complaining about putting Johnson up front and Gally at right back anymore. Plus I’d forgotten what it was like to concede in injury time until the last game.

Those playing decisions pale into insignificance compared to the disaster that was the Burnley line up. 

38 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

You're missing the point. We are third right now and Tomasson was pretty much dismissing promotion this season. It's simply not what a manager should be saying particularly with a transfer window coming up.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

Those playing decisions pale into insignificance compared to the disaster that was the Burnley line up. 

One of the most insipid home games iv'e ever seen v that lot came in the cup under Mowbray so let's not pretend it would have been guaranteed any different.

Bowyers teams put up a better effort.

Edited by tomphil

If we're to ever get near the prem again in the next 10 years we quite simply need to utilise the loan market. Forest would have been nowhere near promotion last season without their loanees.

We've had a few good ones in the past few seasons but still fell way short.

Which ultimately means Greg needs to shape up, his first few loan signings have been garbage for the most part. Mola and Hirst both struck me as being panic signings late on and neither has inspired whatsoever. Morton in fairness shows spells of looking quality but it's usually when we're on top in games, otherwise he has a tendency to go missing.

The type of player I'd say we miss above anything else is a bit of a prick in the Joey Barton mould, we're far too nicey nicey. Nobody immediately springs to mind but I'm not paid handsomely to think of such players like our DOF is. Over to you Greg. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Premiership quality on his day BankEnd, you take players like that out of the team and anyone would struggle. 

Absolutely not. He can't make those runs in the PL because everyone is athletic as he is (moreso really because they're not knackered after 70 minutes like he was).

His end product was also very poor. He's a very good Championship player, there's no shame in that.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, M_B said:

It really doesn’t. That formation against Derby with Bradley Johnson was one of the most baffling wtf moments I’ve ever had in 35 years of watching Rovers.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

One of the most insipid home games iv'e ever seen v that lot came in the cup under Mowbray so let's not pretend it would have been guaranteed any different.

Bowyers teams put up a better effort.

I'm not bothered whether it was Mowbray or not, just pointing out that the Burnley line up this season was a lot worse than the two decisions mentioned. 

It's Tomasson's team, that line up was nothing to do with Mowbray, let him manage Sunderland. 

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It really doesn’t. That formation against Derby with Bradley Johnson was one of the most baffling wtf moments I’ve ever had in 35 years of watching Rovers.

yet we came out 2nd half with two wingers and two forwards and blitzed derby,granted the squad took matters in their own hands and ignored mogaddon,it`s a simple game is`nt it,just complicated by coaches who think they are tactical genius (mowbray and jdt)

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, imy9 said:

A reality check is needed.

look at the teams in first and second place in the league, look at the players and look at how much they have spent. Now look at the teams directly below us, Watford as an example, they have £40 million pound Sarr in the first 11, what’s our squad costing us?

what is your suggestion on how we compete with these clubs with parachute payments? We can’t outspend them, so going via the academy is the way forward and being smart in the transfer market. We have literally appointed our first DOF and a complete overhaul of the backroom staff, how much time should we give them Mercer, a few months? You have criticised most of the new players (fair enough) but the manager and backroom staff came late, if I’m correct the scouting came AFTER the window.

Our two permanent signings have been a success, Sammie has been hot and cold but the rest are loans, some work and others don’t.

my general point is that in my view we won’t see a JDT team until next season, I am happy with a top 6 place this season and some exciting young players coming through. This attitude of we should be in the premier league I don’t understand, what’s happened with Venkys has happened but this is not 2000’s anymore and we have to deal with the cards dealt in front of us.

🤝 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

A reality check is needed.

look at the teams in first and second place in the league, look at the players and look at how much they have spent. Now look at the teams directly below us, Watford as an example, they have £40 million pound Sarr in the first 11, what’s our squad costing us?

what is your suggestion on how we compete with these clubs with parachute payments? We can’t outspend them, so going via the academy is the way forward and being smart in the transfer market. We have literally appointed our first DOF and a complete overhaul of the backroom staff, how much time should we give them Mercer, a few months? You have criticised most of the new players (fair enough) but the manager and backroom staff came late, if I’m correct the scouting came AFTER the window.

Our two permanent signings have been a success, Sammie has been hot and cold but the rest are loans, some work and others don’t.

my general point is that in my view we won’t see a JDT team until next season, I am happy with a top 6 place this season and some exciting young players coming through. This attitude of we should be in the premier league I don’t understand, what’s happened with Venkys has happened but this is not 2000’s anymore and we have to deal with the cards dealt in front of us.

Understand some of that but in the main it's irrelevant and as Souey often said 'you wee with the willie you have'

Key points for me:

Is the manager getting the best out of what we have - no

Do we look organised and hard to beat - no

Do we play attractive football - no

Do we have an identity - no

Has the manager been effective in player trading - no

IMO, JDT is a bullsh1tter - he does it nicely though!

Just what has JDT brought to the party?

I've marked his card and I very, very much doubt he is the man to take us back to the PL, however,  I would be delighted if he proves me wrong and I would be the first to hold up my hand if he did.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Understand some of that but in the main it's irrelevant and as Souey often said 'you wee with the willie you have'

Key points for me:

Is the manager getting the best out of what we have - no

Do we look organised and hard to beat - no

Do we play attractive football - no

Do we have an identity - no

Has the manager been effective in player trading - no

IMO, JDT is a bullsh1tter - he does it nicely though!

Just what has JDT brought to the party?

I've marked his card and I very, very much doubt he is the man to take us back to the PL, however,  I would be delighted if he proves me wrong and I would be the first to hold up my hand if he did.

His team is 3rd at Christmas. 

• Like 2

After the boring evening against Notts Forrest last week, I just can't be bothered making the effort tonight. So I will be sat at home with a beer round the fire. Won't bother watching on the red button...This is what  the special project has done for me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Athlete said:

Mercer be honest do venkys  actually want the Prem ?

If they did Mowbray would have been backed last Jan and a striker bought or what under Bowyer gestede and Rhodes scoring for fun and still not even the play offs

Or the appointment of coyle over warnock while warnock guided cardiff to promotion

Why do we keep ending up with gravy train riders and chancers behind the scenes ?

Mowbray said he didn't want a striker so you can chalk that one down to him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, M_B said:

I'm not bothered whether it was Mowbray or not, just pointing out that the Burnley line up this season was a lot worse than the two decisions mentioned. 

It's Tomasson's team, that line up was nothing to do with Mowbray, let him manage Sunderland. 

Then grow a pair and let the Burnley defeat go for now as the one consolation is we get another go at them this season.

The Burnley defeat has naff to do with playing Boro tonight.