BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

Just now, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Absolutely pissing down now.  

That's what we want. Always feel it's harder to get back into a game when the conditions are wet and wild. Can't play your football, admittedly I'd rather S.Wharton in there that Philips if they decide to go more direct.

Really good first half, for me.

We've been sharp and positive when in possession; far from perfect but a lot better than some recent performances (Boro 1st half aside).

Trav seems to have picked up a bit, all of the defence have been solid, Dack showing his quality again and even before he'd scored, I thought Vale was doing well.

I know it's a low bar, but he's light years ahead of Hirst.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

BBD should be burying that but the build-up was incisive and the little backheel switch was excellent. We look good here, although I’m conscious Norwich are abject at the minute. Their fans are silent.

He had done the hard part too.

• Like 2

Really good defensive performance so far while Norwich have been on top.... been impressed by Carter who seems to be a lot quicker than I remember. And Vale has looked a huge upgrade on Hirst. 

On balance of chances Norwich probably should be ahead, not us. But our defending of the box last ditch has been very good as always. Probably that's the big difference for me since JDT has come in, we defend in numbers really well. Pears has pulled out a great save too.

Think essentially everyone has done okay except maybe Travis who is still struggling to keep up with the pace of the game, and then find a decent pass once he does get the ball. If we are making subs I would be tempted to bring Adam Wharton on for him. 

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3