BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

4 hours ago, Andy said:

To be fair, I don't know anybody who knows what a hard day's eoyy to k is.

😄

Nor can I Andy, how “work” rejigged itself to that garbage, I’ve no idea, and I hadn’t even been on the sauce 😃

8 hours ago, Tabula Rasa said:

The 3 pm kick was a 19th century idea.  Football grew up in industrial areas like Lancashire. Factory shifts on Saturday mornings were the norm then. Three o'clock kick offs gave people time to finish work and get to the game.

How many people will be travelling to Norwich the other side of the country on a Sunday Afternoon, when they've to get up for work the following day. Bring back the 19th century without sky television, you can't beat a Saturday 3pm kick off, gives you time to recover for work on a Sunday.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 1

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Six changes from Cardiff is what I’ve been told. 

Pears

JRC Hyam Wharton Pickering 

Travis Wharton 

Markanday Dack Brereton

Vale

I reserve the right to be wrong. 

Ooofff.

Hope someone gifted you a tin hat for Xmas.

19 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

There loyal to English football, one of the clubs who wanted to break away to a Super league. Obviously we don't belong in there company.

Don't forget when they decided to not even enter the cup in 2000 so they could take the money and go to the world club championship instead

• Like 7

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Pears

Travis Wharton 

Markanday Dack Brereton

Vale

That looks a sensible team selection. Travis and Wharton need to stake a claim and it gives Markanday a chance to show what he can do. 

I may also be alone in thinking Vale has got potential!

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That looks a sensible team collection. Travis and Wharton need to stake a claim and it gives Markanday a chance to show what he can do. 

I may also be alone in thinking Vale has got potential!

yes!!!!!!!!you could be one of the minority,the lad seems a bit lost whenever he appears

Edited by simongarnerisgod
not finished writing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Pears

Travis Wharton 

Markanday Dack Brereton

Vale

Would be an odd lineup choice if so. If I could pick three players who would be best having a rest, they'd be JRC, Dack, Brereton and Ayala, and all but the last are in that lineup. If one of them gets injured we will only have ourselves to blame.

Before anyone starts, I've said those on the basis of injury records, number of games played lately (and for some, how much they've looked like they're flagging), and current importance to the team. I'm not getting into another debate with anyone about whether players need a rest, or the importance of the cup etc, so please don't quote me giving it that.

For me, if we aren't resting those ones, we might as well go full strength.

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Pears

Travis Wharton 

Markanday Dack Brereton

Vale

Looks fine to me. No game since last weekend and no other game until next weekend.

Obv wants to give the likes of the whartons, Trav, Markanday and Vale a run out. All lads who need to be ready to play at any time. We’re so light in those forward areas 🙈

I see Mowbray managed 3 things today that he didn't in 5 years as Rovers manager:

1) Taking the FA Cup seriously and putting out a strong side

2) Turning a game around in the last 5 minutes from a losing position to a winning one

3) Getting past the 3rd round

Tosser

• Like 2

On 06/01/2023 at 06:58, Ossydave said:

I still value the FA cup but the TV companies and powers that be sure as hell are trying to destroy it.

Premier League money has put both the Cup competitions into relative insignificance. It's not worth expending your best players on when the rewards for progressing are minute. Finishing a single league position higher is more rewarding than getting to the last few teams in a Cup. I bet that was never the case previously when money wasn't as powerful in the game.

A Cup upset used to be a minnow beating a giant. Now it's just a shrug of the shoulders when that happens, and almost a surprise to see it in reverse. They are meaningless competitions these days for the most part, and I don't blame clubs for not taking them seriously when they have bigger financial fish to fry.

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I see Mowbray managed 3 things today that he didn't in 5 years as Rovers manager:

1) Taking the FA Cup seriously and putting out a strong side

2) Turning a game around in the last 5 minutes from a losing position to a winning one

3) Getting past the 3rd round

Tosser

His cup record was shocking but his teams were not always that weak eg in both cups last year.

49 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Excuse my ignorance of this has already been covered but does anyone know if this is being broadcast anywhere? Thanks

It is internationally, including us and sa which makes it "accessible" if you have a working keyboard

https://m.livesoccertv.com/match/4527724/norwich-city-vs-blackburn-rovers/

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2