BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

I was replying to your suggestion to give the players days off, not whether we should rest them for the cup tie or not.

I would give them 3 or 4 days off. Bring them back for training for Friday and next week. enough time to train for the Rotherham  game which is the priority

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

BBD was injured yesterday towards end of the game, keep feeling his hamstring so why risk any sort of injury. Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injury so why risk them. Hyam and Ayala are crucial to our playoffs hopes. Rest them would be my choice. 

my team would be

Pears

Carter Phillips Wharton Edun

Wharton Travis Garrett

Markanday Hirst Vale 

This would be my team though I’d even be tempted to play Mola for Garrett who will likely have to start the league match the week after with Bucko still suspended.

Unless we’ve signed one 👀🤞🏽

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would give them 3 or 4 days off. Bring them back for training for Friday and next week. enough time to train for the Rotherham  game which is the priority

3 days be reet! Train Thursday, Fri, travel with the lads / rest on Sat and Sunday and then a full week before the Rotherham game. 💪🏽 

19 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Not necessarily the volume of games, as  from yesterday onwards it’s one game a week until mid Feb, but more do you want to risk an injury to a key man when we have a pretty thin squad already?

There's £105k in prize money if we win this match.

I understand putting a rotated XI out for the Carabao Cup, but this is an opportunity to bring some much needed money into the club AND it's not midweek so we have a week until the next match.

No excuse not to go for the win here. It's a free hit. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I understand putting a rotated XI out for the Carabao Cup, but this is an opportunity to bring some much needed money into the club AND it's not midweek so we have a week until the next match.

Spot on.

The squad is less than a month back from a months break. The busy Christmas/New Year period is over, a week break before the Cup tie plus,as you say, followed by another weeks break before Rotherham.

No reason why a first eleven cannot be fielded if fit.

And with all these breaks we wonder why some players, so far into a season, look as if they can't do 90 minutes.

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I understand putting a rotated XI out for the Carabao Cup, but this is an opportunity to bring some much needed money into the club AND it's not midweek so we don't have a week until the next match.

They can go for it for me, but surely the likes of injury prone Ayala are left up here in bubble wrap?

• Like 1

Norwich will be out to get at us after the game a few weeks back. Dean Smith is gone so the players will actually be up for it. Go with the 2nd string IMO and go into the Rotherham game completely refreshed to hound and harry them.

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How much prize money do we get for winning promotion? 

League is the priority. Can’t afford injuries at this stage. Go with a blend of youth and experience but keep the big names out of it. 

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 1

So we chuck it in at 3rd round stage.

Unbelievable and you'll wonder why the cotton wool protected will look like they haven't been formally introduced the next time they play together.

Plus if I can avoid seeing Hirst in a Rovers shirt I take that as a massive positive.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hark back to Wigan last season...

Strongest side, heavy pitch, rough game, knocks, fatigue, injuries, confidence sapping defeat.

All a waste of time considering what was happening in the league.

Strongest side . With Pears in goal ? 

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Norwich will be out to get at us after the game a few weeks back. Dean Smith is gone so the players will actually be up for it. Go with the 2nd string IMO and go into the Rotherham game completely refreshed to hound and harry them.

Same players Joe, let's smash em

Hyam is already in the side, so obviously not back up, Carter is injured.

Ayala is far too important to the side, with the leadership he offers in an inexperienced group to risk an injury in a 3rd round cup tie.

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hyam is already in the side, so obviously not back up, Carter is injured.

Ayala is far too important to the side, with the leadership he offers in an inexperienced group to risk an injury in a 3rd round cup tie.

Injuries can happen in the most inocuous of settings, not just during games. The way you worded your earlier post, made it seem like our only choices  were  Wharton or Phillips, if Ayala got injured. Personally I would start with Hyam and Wharton as centerbacks with Ayala on the bench. 

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Spot on.

The squad is less than a month back from a months break. The busy Christmas/New Year period is over, a week break before the Cup tie plus,as you say, followed by another weeks break before Rotherham.

No reason why a first eleven cannot be fielded if fit.

And with all these breaks we wonder why some players, so far into a season, look as if they can't do 90 minutes.

Breaks?? It might feel otherwise with the intensity of the schedule lately, but a week between matches isn't a 'break'.

For me, Brereton is clearly in need of a rest, arguably one or two others too. I'd field a strong, but not full-strength side. Pears wouldn't be in it but probably will be.

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

So what you are saying is, Norwich will be up for it, let them go through, who cares?

I don't get why it has to be one extreme or another. There will be a few (Ayala, Dack, maybe Brereton) that could do with a match off, and a couple who don't really weaken us (S Wharton, A Wharton, Carter at RB, Travis) who could do with a game. So it doesn't have to be the same team, but equally it doesn't have to be a totally changed side (I suspect it will) and essentially handing in the towel before kick off with the likes of Hirst, Vale, Mola and Edun.

• Like 4