BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I take it you weren't at the Old Trafford semi against Chelsea.

15 years ago. Should have won on the day

30 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Norwich hoping to appoint a new manager by this match. I've read that script before, doesn't end well for us.

Lets see who they appoint. If it is Wagner surely he will need a work permit first

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't get why it has to be one extreme or another. There will be a few (Ayala, Dack, maybe Brereton) that could do with a match off, and a couple who don't really weaken us (S Wharton, A Wharton, Carter at RB, Travis) who could do with a game. So it doesn't have to be the same team, but equally it doesn't have to be a totally changed side (I suspect it will) and essentially handing in the towel before kick off with the likes of Hirst, Vale, Mola and Edun.

BBD hurt his hamstring in the Cardiff so surely you would rest him for this game and take zero risk on him? Same with Ayala, Gallagher and Pickering given that Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injuries?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets see who they appoint. If it is Wagner surely he will need a work permit first

BBD hurt his hamstring in the Cardiff so surely you would rest him for this game and take zero risk on him? Same with Ayala, Gallagher and Pickering given that Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injuries?

Ayala is someone with a terrible injury record and in an area where we can slot Scott Wharton in. By all means, leave him as an isolated case back home.

If Brereton like anyone is carrying an injury then of course, don't play him. But if not, then put them in contention. It's not as if its an extra game midweek, there is a week either side, and with Gallagher and Pickering, the alternatives are so poor that it massively decreases our ability to be competitive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHR said:

Tell you what, why don't we just contact the FA and tell them we forefit? The money we'd save on travel and accommodation would be enough to pay the fine and everyone can have two weeks at home wrapped in cotton wool, preparing for the deep psychological and wearying challenge of a day out in Rotherham.

Well we didn't need to do that for the West Ham game we managed to turn out a totally changed team...and win.

Perhaps we should get rid of the squad players badly in need of games instead.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

In your first responce, why are you answering a question directed at someone else ?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Ayala is someone with a terrible injury record and in an area where we can slot Scott Wharton in. By all means, leave him as an isolated case back home.

If Brereton like anyone is carrying an injury then of course, don't play him. But if not, then put them in contention. It's not as if its an extra game midweek, there is a week either side, and with Gallagher and Pickering, the alternatives are so poor that it massively decreases our ability to be competitive.

I wouldn't be playing the majority of the team that played Cardiff. Leave them out of the starting team. Those would be Kaminski, Ayala, Hyam, Pickering, Morton, Dack, Hedges, Gallagher and BBD. The Norwich game is an opportunity for our squad players. Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injuries they had during the world cup break so no need to play them. let them rest and use Edun and Vale

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Maybe in Chaddyland that is how you train an athlete.

we should make the league the priority and focus on securing a playoff place. 

Some of you want to risk players who look shattered after the last 4/5 games. We should use our squad players for this game

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't be playing the majority of the team that played Cardiff. Leave them out of the starting team. Those would be Kaminski, Ayala, Hyam, Pickering, Morton, Dack, Hedges, Gallagher and BBD. The Norwich game is an opportunity for our squad players. Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injuries they had during the world cup break so no need to play them. let them rest and use Edun and Vale

The clear difference is that I am interested in Rovers qualifying for the next round of the FA Cup, and you aren't arsed.

I wouldn't take risks with players carrying injuries and/or with records like Ayala, but I would like to see a strong team making a good fist out of it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The clear difference is that I am interested in Rovers qualifying for the next round of the FA Cup, and you aren't arsed.

I wouldn't take risks with players carrying injuries and/or with records like Ayala, but I would like to see a strong team making a good fist out of it.

I would like to win and go through to next round but I see the league has the priority and securing a playoff place. 

So your team would be similar to mine then if we aren't risks with players?

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like to win and go through to next round but I see the league has the priority and securing a playoff place. 

So your team would be similar to mine then if we aren't risks with players?

No, my team was:

Kaminski

Carter Phillips Wharton Pickering

Travis A Wharton

Markanday Szmodics Hedges

Gallagher

Equally happy with Hyam next to Wharton and also Brereton in should Szmodics not be fit.

And even that was reluctantly weaker than is ideal. A few changes but still plenty of first teamers.

You have just assumed that every single main starter is carrying an injury and cannot play between this 2 week gap.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No, my team was:

Kaminski

Carter Phillips Wharton Pickering

Travis A Wharton

Markanday Szmodics Hedges

Gallagher

Equally happy with Hyam next to Wharton and also Brereton in should Szmodics not be fit.

And even that was reluctantly weaker than is ideal. A few changes but still plenty of first teamers.

Pickering and Gallagher have just come back from injury and played the last 4 league games so I wouldn't risk them. BBD hurt his hamstring during the game and I wouldn't be taking our sort of chance with him. Rest and missing this game is a sensible approach to take. Pears should play aswell

Why drop Garrett from the team after his MOTM performance against Cardiff. Isn't Szmodics still injury? 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You have just assumed that every single main starter is carrying an injury and cannot play between this 2 week gap.

No I have assumed that at all roversfan99 but like I keep repeating the league matters more than the FA cup. Getting a playoff place is priority not going on FA cup run for me. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we should make the league the priority and focus on securing a playoff place. 

Some of you want to risk players who look shattered after the last 4/5 games. We should use our squad players for this game

You've suggested dropping Gallagher and Pickering for this game, on the basis that they've just returned from injury.

I think the opposite. We should play them - at least for a good part of the game - to help get their fitness levels back up.

If they don't play games, I don't see how else they're going to get fit enough to play. Giving them '3 or 4 days off' isn't the answer!

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

You've suggested dropping Gallagher and Pickering for this game, on the basis that they've just returned from injury.

I think the opposite. We should play them - at least for a good part of the game - to help get their fitness levels back up.

If they don't play games, I don't see how else they're going to get fit enough to play. Giving them '3 or 4 days off' isn't the answer!

They have played the last 4 games and most of the minutes in them. BBD, Dack, Ayala Gallagher and Pickering look shattered after the Cardiff game. 

I would give most of the players who have played regular over the last 3 weeks a few days off to recharged their batteries. 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They have played the last 4 games and most of the minutes in them. BBD, Dack, Ayala Gallagher and Pickering look shattered after the Cardiff game. 

I would give most of the players who have played regular over the last 3 weeks a few days off to recharged their batteries. 

Perhaps they looked shattered after the Cardiff game because they have not been used to putting a full match of effort in. You should look shattered after a match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Perhaps they looked shattered after the Cardiff game because they have not been used to putting a full match of effort in. You should look shattered after a match.

And they will have had a week to recover from it. 

We need our attack to start to click, there was a few promising signs against Cardiff, but the moves broke down(mostly when the ball went to Gallagher). Less pressure on this game, so it would be a good chance to continue the ‘project’. 

If it goes tits us for us in the league, which it most likely will, a good cup run would be nice, not to mention financially beneficial. 

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Breaks?? It might feel otherwise with the intensity of the schedule lately, but a week between matches isn't a 'break'.

For me, Brereton is clearly in need of a rest, arguably one or two others too. I'd field a strong, but not full-strength side. Pears wouldn't be in it but probably will be.

Disagree. A week between games is loads of time. Managers and the media would have us believe these days that they need breaks every couple of games. They are match fit, training sessions merely keep ticking over and work on shape and set pieces etc.

They have physios and masseurs at their disposal 24/7, a week between games is cushy out.

• Like 1