BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rest Kaminski, BBD, Gallagher, Morton, Hyam, Pickering and Ayala from the starting 11 is a must

Why, they have played four games in the last six weeks or so. If professional sportsmen are not up to that task they are in the wrong profession. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why, they have played four games in the last six weeks or so. If professional sportsmen are not up to that task they are in the wrong profession. 

Yeah, full weeks rest before & after then a game a week till mid feb. Theres no 2/3 games a week for ages. So we may as well play first team for match sharpness as much as anything else.

• Like 1

I will be happy to mix it up with fringe players and more established players such as Gallagher and Dack who are still short of match fitness. Norwich are hoping to have a new manager in place by Sunday which will give them a lift. I really want a run in the FA Cup this year primarily as an income stream.

• Like 1

I still can't fathom the attitude of "skipping" the cup, I can get on board with some rotation as long as it isn't the whole team but especially considering how people always say this to prioritise the league and then our seasons fizzle out anyway, can lots of harm come from a couple of extra cup games and a bit of extra excitement?

I would like a mixed team in that some players will need resting more than others and some will need a game that will be needed going forward but equally I want to go through, I want to keep some momentum and there is a week either side so a total lack of game time might prove counter productive.

I want to avoid giving the likes of Edun, Vale, Mola and Hirst game time when they are all so poor, none of them should be here (temporarily perhaps in Vale's case) come 1st Feb.

Something like:

Kaminski

Carter Phillips Wharton Pickering

Travis A Wharton

Markanday Szmodics Hedges

Gallagher

Equally happy with Hyam next to Wharton and also Brereton in should Szmodics not be fit.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Brereton was really struggling on Sunday, clutching his right hamstring a lot and played 90 mins on a heavy pitch. I'd be giving him the weekend off.

Edited by Mellor Rover

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I still can't fathom the attitude of "skipping" the cup, I can get on board with some rotation as long as it isn't the whole team but especially considering how people always say this to prioritise the league and then our seasons fizzle out anyway, can lots of harm come from a couple of extra cup games and a bit of extra excitement?

I would like a mixed team in that some players will need resting more than others and some will need a game that will be needed going forward but equally I want to go through, I want to keep some momentum and there is a week either side so a total lack of game time might prove counter productive.

I want to avoid giving the likes of Edun, Vale, Mola and Hirst game time when they are all so poor, none of them should be here (temporarily perhaps in Vale's case) come 1st Feb.

Something like:

Kaminski

Carter Phillips Wharton Pickering

Travis A Wharton

Markanday Szmodics Hedges

Gallagher

Equally happy with Hyam next to Wharton and also Brereton in should Szmodics not be fit.

Very close to the team that I would play, but I'd have Dolan in one way or another. Still a fair distance from the finished article, but he's been quietly productive when on the pitch this season. Deserves to play in games like this one. 

Edited by Admiral Nelsen

Pears

Carter Phillips Wharton

Travis Garrett Buckley Wharton Edun

Markanday Vale

We won’t win the cup and have bigger priorities. I know some won’t like that, especially those travelling, but there’s players needing games and some that we can’t risk. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Very close to the team that I would play, but I'd have Dolan in one way or another. Still a fair distance from the finished article, but he's been quietly productive when on the pitch this season. Deserves to play in games like this one. 

I would if fit for sure. Assumed he would miss out.

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

Pears

Carter Phillips Wharton

Travis Garrett Buckley Wharton Edun

Markanday Vale

We won’t win the cup and have bigger priorities. I know some won’t like that, especially those travelling, but there’s players needing games and some that we can’t risk. 

Buckley is banned. 

We won't win the league either, a win could help momentum, we have a free week either side, potentially a couple of games surely won't derail the season otherwise and it could add some excitement with a decent draw. 

4 hours ago, rigger said:

BBD was injured yesterday towards end of the game, keep feeling his hamstring so why risk any sort of injury. Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injury so why risk them. Hyam and Ayala are crucial to our playoffs hopes. Rest them would be my choice. 

my team would be

Pears

Carter Phillips Wharton Edun

Wharton Travis Garrett

Markanday Hirst Vale 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

BBD was injured yesterday towards end of the game, keep feeling his hamstring so why risk any sort of injury. Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injury so why risk them. Hyam and Ayala are crucial to our playoffs hopes. Rest them would be my choice. 

my team would be

Pears

Carter Phillips Wharton Edun

Wharton Travis Garrett

Markanday Hirst Vale 

We seem to pick up as many injuries in training as we do in games. Would you rest the players from training. If Diaz is injured the medical team should be able to diagnose this in a week, and decide if he can play or not. Again I was always taught win the next game, worry about future games in the future. 

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

We seem to pick up as many injuries in training as we do in games. Would you rest the players from training. If Diaz is injured the medical team should be able to diagnose this in a week, and decide if he can play or not. Again I was always taught win the next game, worry about future games in the future. 

I would give alot of the players who have played in the last 5 games most of this week off and tell them to rest and get ready for the next league game at Rotherham. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would give alot of the players who have played in the last 5 games most of this week off and tell them to rest and get ready for the next league game at Rotherham. 

Yeah. It's not like we need to work on our offensive play or anything... 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Yeah. It's not like we need to work on our offensive play or anything... 🤦‍♂️

But Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injuries so why take any sort of risk with that. BBD was injured in the last game but carry on. Hamstring injury so why take a risk. Ayala, wrap in in cotton wool for the next game

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

By all means rest anyone with knocks or increased risk of injuries. Its just once you start changing the whole team and bringing in dollopers like Hirst and Edun you become uncompetitive.

So you agree with the players I would rest them? why risk any of key players in a fixture that in all terms isn't priority?  

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injuries so why take any sort of risk with that. BBD was injured in the last game but carry on. Hamstring injury so why take a risk. Ayala, wrap in in cotton wool for the next game

So you agree with the players I would rest them? why risk any of key players in a fixture that in all terms isn't priority?  

I dont think we need to change the whole team, no. If anyone is carrying a knock, then of course. 

I want us to go through and if we play too weak a team with Hirst up top and Edun, our chances decrease. My team had numerous changes but not the whole team.

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was replying to your suggestion to give the players days off, not whether we should rest them for the cup tie or not.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think we need to change the whole team, no. If anyone is carrying a knock, then of course. 

I want us to go through and if we play too weak a team with Hirst up top and Edun, our chances decrease. My team had numerous changes but not the whole team.

Gallagher and Pickering have just come back from injuries surely we should protect them and save them for league. 

Leave Kaminski out. 

I stand by my team and I wouldn't be playing any of the 11 that started on New Year Day