BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

18 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:
JDT up for the cup in that way! 

Just not the league cup……

Anyway safe trip to the Rovers fans going today, let’s hope for another win at Carrow Rd, your support deserves it.

Just to make you feel better, an Italian colleague of mine has travelled to watch Torino at Salernitana today, 900km, 8hrs drive each way! Winning 1-0.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, J*B said:

Six changes from Cardiff is what I’ve been told. 

Pears

JRC Hyam Wharton Pickering 

Travis Wharton 

Markanday Dack Brereton

Vale

I reserve the right to be wrong. 

I’ve changed my mind based on RoversChat first 11 prediction… they ‘predicted’ the same team as me yesterday, thus me posting the above, but are now saying Carter, Phillips, Wharton and Edun at the back today. Which is a big change. 

27 minutes ago, Gav said:

ust not the league cup……

Anyway safe trip to the Rovers fans going today, let’s hope for another win at Carrow Rd, your support deserves it.

yet we beat West Ham away plus Bradford and Hartlepool aswell. We had a good run in the league cup

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

yet we beat West Ham away plus Bradford and Hartlepool aswell. We had a good run in the league cup

Yet we are out of the cup due to playing a weakened side against Premiership opposition, good job Blackpool never followed that route yesterday, or Sheff Weds……

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Yet we are out of the cup due to playing a weakened side against Premiership opposition, good job Blackpool never followed that route yesterday, or Sheff Weds……

We might have been out even if we played a full strength team and also remember we beat West Ham with this weakened side. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve changed my mind based on RoversChat first 11 prediction… they ‘predicted’ the same team as me yesterday, thus me posting the above, but are now saying Carter, Phillips, Wharton and Edun at the back today. Which is a big change. 

I hope that your original team is at least slightly off, in that I really don't want to see Brereton starting. First XI players elsewhere by all means, but he's the player (with Ayala for different reasons) I'd wrap in cotton wool. 

I hope you're right about Dack playing though. I know you shouldn't push your luck with players who are coming back from such bad injuries, but equally he's needs consecutive games to have a chance of getting back to the level that he was once capable of. 

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Gutted to see Adam Wharton isn't starting, I genuinely think he's our best CM.

Really can't understand this one. I'd pick him out as up there with our most exciting prospects. One like Phillips to develop and sell on for millions in our apparent financial strategy. So how does he develop without playing?

Game-by-game, he's young and might well not feature. This, though, is a worrying pattern emerging of him being left out and Garrett, Morton etc (similar ages, I'd argue lesser abilities) getting regular minutes. JDT acknowledged a similar shut-out with Markanday but has there been a clash with the boss who doesn't like his attitude?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Really can't understand this one. I'd pick him out as up there with our most exciting prospects. One like Phillips to develop and sell on for millions in our apparent financial strategy. So how does he develop without playing?

Game-by-game, he's young and might well not feature. This, though, is a worrying pattern emerging of him being left out and Garrett, Morton etc (similar ages, I'd argue lesser abilities) getting regular minutes. JDT acknowledged a similar shut-out with Markanday but has there been a clash with the boss who doesn't like his attitude?

Morton is more than 18 months older than Wharton, and Garrett about 15 months older so they are at different stages of their development.

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The rumours about A Wharton & JDT must be true. Truely staggering that he’s not playing. Travis back as captain also…Yawn.

3-1 Norwich.

Very poor that and the manager needs to have a rethink. The lad is good enough for the league, so should definitely be starting today. 

• Like 4

Just now, lraC said:

Very poor that and the manager needs to have a rethink. The lad is good enough for the league, so should definitely be starting today. 

He lined up yesterday in the first eleven team (so I was told, but the same applied for JRC), so between then and last night something has changed. Either a niggle or JDT didn’t think he was putting enough effort in. 

I predict the latter. His attitude (if we’re to believe the rumours) is very laid back and confident and I don’t think that’s either appreciated, understood or liked. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The rumours about A Wharton & JDT must be true. Truely staggering that he’s not playing. Travis back as captain also…Yawn.

3-1 Norwich.

I agree. This is the most obvious indicator that all is not right...judging from afar I could imagine JDT wouldn't take too kindly to a youngster being unhappy. You need to manage the situation though and make sure we don't lose a top talent due to ego and pride.

• Like 2