BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, J*B said:

.... is very laid back and confident and I don’t think that’s either appreciated, understood or liked. 

Should it be at that age? 🤔

I'm as gutted as anyone we're not seeing more of him. 

But his career consists of about 2 or 3 matches. Can't be billy big time in the early days no matter how good a player.

• Like 3

Just now, Silas said:

But his career consists of about 2 or 3 matches. Can't be billy big time in the early days no matter how good a player.

Correct. When you look at what JDT achieved as a player - Champions League, Europa League, winning cups in Italy,playing in Serie A, playing in world cups, record goalscorer for his country - Wharton would be well advised to listen  to what his manager tells him is needed to make it to the top, rather than any sychophants that may have gathered round him. Otherwise he risks becoming another wasted talent.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

He lined up yesterday in the first eleven team (so I was told, but the same applied for JRC), so between then and last night something has changed. Either a niggle or JDT didn’t think he was putting enough effort in. 

I predict the latter. His attitude (if we’re to believe the rumours) is very laid back and confident and I don’t think that’s either appreciated, understood or liked. 

Not too sure if Rich Sharpe is defending someone, but he has said on Twitter he isn’t 100%. Not said fit after it so could mean 100% frame of mind. 

9 minutes ago, Silas said:

Take this with a pinch of salt because I’ve no evidence to back to up, but I was once (about 3 years ago) told that Scott Wharton used to get really pissed off with Adam Wharton because John Buckley was playing but whenever ‘Adam could be bothered’ he was far far superior than Buckley in training, but Adam was always tired/cold/disinterested. If anyone can be bothered, use the search function and look up posts by my username and Wharton and you’ll find the original post. 

A top manager will get Adam playing (trying…) consistently and when they do, he’ll be a Premier League player. For what it’s worth I do think JDT is capable of managing him to that outcome. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Big games needed from Markanday and Vale today.

Yes,and I wish them all success.

A real look at Markanday and hopefully a more developed Vale will be interesting.

With the Garrett bite already in I would have preferred Adam W creativity in place of whatever Travis is supposed to provide.

• Like 3

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

A real look at Markanday and hopefully a more developed Vale will be interesting.

With the Garrett bite already in I would have preferred Adam W creativity in place of whatever Travis is supposed to provide.

I hope Travis as captain isn’t some kind of sign that he’ll be coming back into the starting 11 moving forward. I’m looking forward to see him slow todays game down.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm becoming worried by JDT's newfound liking for two defensive mids forming the entire central midfield. Like when he implemented it whilst losing to Boro wasn't it? We played that under Bowyer for ages and it was terrible. Probably his biggest recurring tactical mistake.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Correct. When you look at what JDT achieved as a player - Champions League, Europa League, winning cups in Italy,playing in Serie A, playing in world cups, record goalscorer for his country - Wharton would be well advised to listen  to what his manager tells him is needed to make it to the top.

A fair point in as much you can only learn from people with experience. The problem for me with JDT is I’m not sure he understands English football. He hardly pulled up any trees at Newcastle and 3 goals in 23 appearances is not the form of a centre forward in my eyes. A powder puff player. 

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm becoming worried by JDT's newfound liking for two defensive mids forming the entire central midfield. Like when he implemented it whilst losing to Boro wasn't it? We played that under Bowyer for ages and it was terrible.

Signs couldn’t be more obvious to us needing an attacking midfielder. 

Smallwood & Evans duo was bad enough under Mowbray.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Take this with a pinch of salt because I’ve no evidence to back to up, but I was once (about 3 years ago) told that Scott Wharton used to get really pissed off with Adam Wharton because John Buckley was playing but whenever ‘Adam could be bothered’ he was far far superior than Buckley in training, but Adam was always tired/cold/disinterested. If anyone can be bothered, use the search function and look up posts by my username and Wharton and you’ll find the original post. 

A top manager will get Adam playing (trying…) consistently and when they do, he’ll be a Premier League player. For what it’s worth I do think JDT is capable of managing him to that outcome. 

Could take someone who plays in his position thats done it at the top like a Lampard or a Gerrard to get him to knuckle down and listen

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not an expert on Norwich City but it doesn’t look like they aren’t playing their best 11.

5 changes, apparently. Gibson and Sargent rested.

Still a strong side though, they're bringing in Krul who despite being their back up keeper, is probably paid as well as anyone in our squad. 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Does seem plausible...he body language comes across quite poor and looks miserable at times. Certainly not buoyant and full of exciting youth. Maybe it's just an immature thing but again, it does seem all is not well there.

I spoke to one of the players awhile back and it was just after Adam Wharton got a few games, around the Blackpool game and I said "Adam Wharton looks a baller" and he just glossed over it, talked about a few other players and got feedback on all bar Wharton. Wonder is there an attitude problem there now?

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Looks like a 4-2-3-1.

I can’t see that team getting much today. I’d take a draw now. I’m losing faith with JDT at a rate of knots.

Losing faith in JDT? 

35 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I get rested Hedges but I'd of had him start and put Markandy in Vales place.

Would of had A.wharton in for Travis too 

Feel like we could get a drubbing here if we are not on our game, they have néw manager bounce now too?

Who plays up front then?

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not Ewood I hope.

I would deffo take him

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not an expert on Norwich City but it doesn’t look like they aren’t playing their best 11.

They aren't. About 5 changes

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Someone should send him for a chat with David Bentley.

Explain how talent doesn't always take you to the top.

Takes a hell of a lot extra than that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

Yeah I’ve got it on ESPN+, lots of technical difficulties so far. 

Wharton clattered by Hanley, cannot continue 

Is it stuttering/keep going to a black screen for you, out of interest?

• Like 1