BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Is it though.

Neutral Don Goodman said it was the best debut he'd EVER seen in all his years in football. 

And we've barely seen him since. Something doesn't add up. 

He was excellent against Blackpool. He was subbed at half time against West Ham.

Bearing in mind how many players have come on leaps and bounds under JDT I'm inclined to believe he's handling A. Wharton correctly - he is only 18.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Travis has regressed badly and it's not just recently. I wonder if it is at least partly due to injuries and being overplayed when not fit in the past. There was a time that he looked destined for the Premier League.

This season, all the CMs, have been inconsistent with Morton and Travis struggling more recently, Buckley being dropped out of the squad. Garrett and Wharton haven't played that many games, so hard to judge. I wonder whether they're struggling to get to grips with JDT's tactics, in part, which, as far as I get, is a minimal touch - one or two touch, expectation.

He never looked destined for the Premier League, but it's true that he can't play in this system. He isn't good enough on the ball.

• Like 4

Great result and nice way to do it. Showed yet again why we don't need CB's this window. We defend the box so well. 20+ Norwich corners all dealt with. Pears impressive, as were most. BBD perhaps the least?? Not easy to dampen a new managers first game like that, especially with such a young side out. Markanday is great but he's got to be less selfish at times.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Weird thing to presume there's a grudge.

You might think that but the info making its way around is that he’s being kept out of the side for attitude reasons and - having heard the reasons - it’s poor on JDT’s part not to have perspective.

Garrett and Travis were thoroughly ineffectual today. Dack having to drop as deep as he did throughout is down to having no quality for balls forward from the middle. We have someone - albeit raw - who has the natural ability in spades and needs to learn the rest. Not starting him is fair enough, it’s an away game against a generally strong team in our division on a new manager bounce. Bringing on the guy who’s ostensibly ahead of him in the pecking order is what makes it petty, to me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Travis has regressed badly and it's not just recently. I wonder if it is at least partly due to injuries and being overplayed when not fit in the past. There was a time that he looked destined for the Premier League.

This season, all the CMs, have been inconsistent with Morton and Travis struggling more recently, Buckley being dropped out of the squad. Garrett and Wharton haven't played that many games, so hard to judge. I wonder whether they're struggling to get to grips with JDT's tactics, in part, which, as far as I get, is a minimal touch - one or two touch, expectation.

We desperately need an experienced tough tackler who is comfortable on the ball. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Seems that we just have Norwich's number this season, 25 shots to 9 but still managed to win 1-0. Had to dig deep to win that one, but kudos to the team for hanging on. A resolute performance. 

Did they create a clear cut chance? Maybe the fluffed header from the corner, but otherwise it was all hopeful shots.

• Like 2