BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

1 minute ago, Reginald said:

I like Dack and hope he continues to do well, but the fawning on here over a simple square ball is embarrassing.

BTW it was great to finally see a forward whose touch is good enough to hold up the ball successfully in Markanday

It was only simple because he made it simple. You see passes like that ballsed up regularly, Too hard, too soft, behind the player, in front of the player. Dack’s was perfect.

• Like 4

Let’s get ahead of ourselves, why the hell not……

If either ourselves or Burnley get through to the Quarter Finals (decent chance given both teams 4th round draws), it’ll be the same weekend we’re meant to play in the league at home so that fixture will need moving. 

Will be interesting to see how they move it given it’s an obvious sky fixture (would they move to a midweek night match?)

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can’t complain about any home draw. Not bothered which team it is after seeing Stevenage beat Villa at Villa Park.

With 21% of possession!!! That puts that argument to bed. Possession apparently means nowt!

(Let's hope Wills hasn't taken it out on the corgis!)

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was only simple because he made it simple. You see passes like that ballsed up regularly, Too hard, too soft, behind the player, in front of the player. Dack’s was perfect.

That's Dack's value. 2 or3 times a game he does something no-one else does. Sometimes the others take advantage of it, sometimes they don't.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’ve been pasted because when we go behind we don’t have many answers. If JDT can solve that conundrum we might get somewhere.

Issue is we mostly creat chances on the counter with space behind. It’s rare and we don’t really have the players to finish crosses or beat players 1 v 1 on the wing. It’s why we struggle when teams park the bus and why we can’t score when we go down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

That's Dack's value. 2 or3 times a game he does something no-one else does. Sometimes the others take advantage of it, sometimes they don't.

Seriously? Nobody else squares an incredibly simple 10 yard pass for their teammate to score?

2 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Seriously? Nobody else squares an incredibly simple 10 yard pass for their teammate to score?

No, I agree with you there, although we see simple opportunities squandered all the time. I was thinking more of a recent back-heel for example, top drawer.

But, we all have our views, I'm glad to see someone up-front with a touch of class beside Brereton personally. can be critical in some games,

22 minutes ago, Reginald said:

9 out of 10 of our players haven’t got the composure, vision and awareness to spot Vale was making an un marked run. They would all have gone for a blast at goal. The shot might have gone in, it might have gone in row Z. Dack made sure it was a goal.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

9 out of 10 of our players haven’t got the composure, vision and awareness to spot Vale was making an un marked run. They would all have gone for a blast at goal. The shot might have gone in, it might have gone in row Z. Dack made sure it was a goal.

Spot on ......

Meanwhile I'm desperately gearing up memory recall of Hedges regularly beating opposition players 1v1 on the wing ..... and as a bonus creating something. I'll have to get back on that one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Spot on ......

Meanwhile I'm desperately gearing up memory recall of Hedges regularly beating opposition players 1v1 on the wing ..... and as a bonus creating something. I'll have to get back on that one.

Shouldn't be too hard...

https://twitter.com/Rovers/status/1609917301821693953?t=qAusZlRTNhg3QxvZ51lm-A&s=19

Edited by Norn Iron Rover

5 minutes ago, Norn Iron Rover said:

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Spot on ......

Shouldn't be too hard...

https://twitter.com/Rovers/status/1609917301821693953?t=qAusZlRTNhg3QxvZ51lm-A&s=19

Then he’s got to stop to get it back onto his favoured left foot instead of crossing it right away with his right foot.

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

There have been some encouraging signs lately. I thought our season was about to fall off a cliff after the Burnley and Preston performances. 

We were decent against Boro until Buckley red. Then a couple of gritty wins against Cardiff and Norwich. JDT seems to have given the team a degree of flexibility in his philosophy and its showing. I'm not saying we're blowing teams away but I've been programmed to expect Mowbray death spirals. When it felt like we were about to enter one gritty wins are exactly what the doctor ordered.

JDT has probably won more cup games this season than Mowbray did in 5 years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andy said:

That's not true - we join the year it started in 1992-93.

Notts County have never been in the Prem (Oldham have).

Think his point is we weren’t ‘founders’, I.e signatures to the founding documents that established it in early 1992 in advance of the 92/93 season, because we were still in the old second division, whereas first division (at the time) Notts County would have been signatures to it.

• Like 1

I saw us get thumped 4-0 at St Andrew's in the Cup in 2004. David Dunn was playing for them. Brum also beat us in the cup 3 years ago. Assuming they beat Forest Green we owe them

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2