BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Don’t try and take some sort of superfan high ground. If you would consider us beating Southampton a giant killing, your expectations for the club you “back every time” are through the floor.

of course it would be giant killer for us to beat PL team. We are Championship team who should be around mid table when you look at wage budget, attendances, etc. That is where we are. I have great memories of the PL days and I won't ever forget them. 

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It’s obvious to everyone who pays this forum any attention that the biggest U turn since your one last year on Mowbray is coming soon!

Blimey since going on and on about Mowbray. We moved on as a club and we have a new head coach in JDT who is done a very good job here at Rovers and I happy he is here. 

I did no u-turn at all tho, But I thought it was right that Mowbray carried on last season after getting us within the playoff hunt. I dealt with the current situation. 

Great to win in the FA Cup.

Liked the starting line up except wanted Adam W in there. Happy with the first half but BBD should've put us 2 up just before ht. A bit backs to the wall 2nd half but we stood firm. Great credit to Hyam and Ash Phillips. Phillips looks class and I wonder whether Hyam might be the next player we sell for decent money. Superb signing.

Hate saying this but I think Travis looked a beat too slow too often. Dack looking better every week, especially coming deep to be involved in build up play

Hoping we'll add a couple who can really contribute in January 🤞

Edited by SK49er
  • Like 4

A pleasing display. Another clean sheet to follow on from Cardiff which was important after conceding a lot against dingles, PNE, Forest.

We won't win many admirers or plaudits for it but we certainly know how to get the job done in games when we get our noses in front. Compare to the days gone by where if we held on it seemed more down to luck than anything and often we would let precious points or wins slip by in games.

Defensively very disciplined although again some of their most dangerous moments came from us playing ourselves into trouble by going backwards.

Happy with the draw in the next round as we have to be confident of progressing at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

A pleasing display. Another clean sheet to follow on from Cardiff which was important after conceding a lot against dingles, PNE, Forest.

We won't win many admirers or plaudits for it but we certainly know how to get the job done in games when we get our noses in front. Compare to the days gone by where if we held on it seemed more down to luck than anything and often we would let precious points or wins slip by in games.

Defensively very disciplined although again some of their most dangerous moments came from us playing ourselves into trouble by going backwards.

Happy with the draw in the next round as we have to be confident of progressing at home.

You can’t complain about any home draw. Not bothered which team it is after seeing Stevenage beat Villa at Villa Park.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He used the Carabao Cup to give fringe / young players a run out. He kept with that policy against West Ham and Notts Forest - we beat West Ham's strong side, but not Forest's. I have no problem with that. 

He's clearly treating the FA cup as a more premium competition - which it is as the prize money per round is significant. 

The carabao cup has a Wembley final. We won it 20 years ago. It’s a chance of glory and a day to remember for fans. Like all competitions it deserves respect, not a place to try out kids. Tomasson was wrong to treat the Forest game so lightly

It’s Nottingham Forest by the way. Notts Forest doesn’t exist

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

From the parts of the game I saw Bradley Dack looked like our best player by a country mile. Almost another full 90 for him too. 

His pressing and movement off the ball is the best I've seen from him since he signed. You know what you're getting from him on the ball. Neat & tidy and creates chances, as well as being a goal threat.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

His pressing and movement off the ball is the best I've seen from him since he signed. You know what you're getting from him on the ball. Neat & tidy and creates chances, as well as being a goal threat.

He’s got the X factor. What we desperately need if we’re going to score more goals.

How many players today would have had a bang at goal instead of playing the perfect pass to Vale for a tap  in ? Most of them. He was smart, aware and un selfish.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

That's a really nice draw in the 4th round ..... a  home game against beatable opposition

Let's hope Tomasson takes it seriously unlike against Forest in the league cup

We're not getting promoted automatically and a good cup run would be great for the club and the fans

Slight amendment for you to consider, @jim mk2.

It'd be sweet, imo, if we re-joined the Premier League the way we became founder members of the Premiership. If I remember correctly, we finished 6th in the last season before the inaugural Premiership season.

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He used the Carabao Cup to give fringe / young players a run out. He kept with that policy against West Ham and Notts Forest - we beat West Ham's strong side, but not Forest's. I have no problem with that. 

He's clearly treating the FA cup as a more premium competition - which it is as the prize money per round is significant. 

Were not getting promoted ! I think going for promotion is a priority ahead of the FA cup. After saying that you've to play your tie in the cup and a win takes you into the next round which is more in the kitty for Rovers. I have'nt watched Rovers since the Forest league cup tie, due to serious illness over Christmas. I am looking forward to the fouth round tie at Ewood on the 28th of January. Hopefully a win on my return.

23 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

It'd be sweet, imo, if we re-joined the Premier League the way we became founder members of the Premiership.

I think we were inaugural members rather than founder members. The Prem was formed the season before we joined. Notts County and Oldham were founder members though, now they're non-league. 

20 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Were not getting promoted ! I think going for promotion is a priority ahead of the FA cup. After saying that you've to play your tie in the cup and a win takes you into the next round which is more in the kitty for Rovers. I have'nt watched Rovers since the Forest league cup tie, due to serious illness over Christmas. I am looking forward to the fouth round tie at Ewood on the 28th of January. Hopefully a win on my return.

Glad you’re on the mend. We’ll either win or lose on the 28th, that’s for sure. 

36 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Markanday was noticeably more intense with the pressing too. 

It's clearly what JDT demands and explains why Dack wasn't always featuring when most of us were crying out for him.

It won't suit every player and ultimately its very demanding, on days like today you can see what he's trying to do though.

I've been critical of JDT, mainly because of 2 derby thumpings but sometimes his gameplan works out. I think that's something like 12 clean sheets in competitive games, more including friendlies, which makes it all the more baffling that we've been pasted a few times.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Markanday was noticeably more intense with the pressing too. 

It's clearly what JDT demands and explains why Dack wasn't always featuring when most of us were crying out for him.

It won't suit every player and ultimately its very demanding, on days like today you can see what he's trying to do though.

I've been critical of JDT, mainly because of 2 derby thumpings but sometimes his gameplan works out. I think that's something like 12 clean sheets in competitive games, more including friendlies, which makes it all the more baffling that we've been pasted a few times.

We’ve been pasted because when we go behind we don’t have many answers. If JDT can solve that conundrum we might get somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dack managed to disguise the pass until the last second. Class.

I like Dack and hope he continues to do well, but the fawning on here over a simple square ball is embarrassing.

BTW it was great to finally see a forward whose touch is good enough to hold up the ball successfully in Markanday

Edited by Reginald