BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - FAC3 - 8/1/23, 2pm

Love that very specific request of those two middle of the road PL clubs. Obviously a big fan of their very similar bowl style stadiums.😁

Surely you want a glamour tie or a very winnable one at home against second tier or below (which we’ve got), those two are neither of those!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why should he been starting over Garrett or Morton

You need calm down and chill out. he is 18 years old and he need to be managed properly by Rovers

Hyam is leader of the back 4. excellent communicator, lead the back 4 and originator 

Because hes better than both

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Love that very specific request of those two middle of the road PL clubs. Obviously a big fan of their very similar bowl style stadiums.😁

Surely you want a glamour tie or a very winnable one at home (which we’ve got), those two are neither of those!

What do u mean

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Are you/were you not frustrated that Tomasson went fairly strong and played the likes of Hyam, Brereton, Dack and in particular a player you mentioned in Pickering when you were adamant that they needed a total rest?

And why would you specifically want those 2 at home?!

And how does he know it was a good finish if he only listened to it on the radio

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Because unlike Morton, he will be our player for years to come. And he’s at least as good at this point.

To be fair, at the moment with us 3rd in the league, the focus has to be on there here and now. Bit different perhaps with Brereton in that keeping him would cost us close to 8 figure fee, so if we get a bid, perhaps sell and reinvest.

But I wouldn't argue much with your second part, Wharton is good enough to at least play more than he has been.

Very impressive win. 
Pears - flawless

Carter - I like him at right back. Plays some good forward balls and our only player who gives out more than he gets 

Phillips - his best game yet, very assured.
Hyam - flawless

Pickering - hung in against a tough opponent, has a bit more variety in his play now.

Garrett - good, I like him. Travis’s successor

Travis - not long for us I’m afraid

Markandy - first full game I’ve seen from him. Reminds me of Dolan last year, hopefully will improve as much.

Dack - a real leader now, and a lot fitter. I’m thinking he has finally bought in.

Brereton - He’ll be lucky to move on a free if he keeps missing sitters.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Are you/were you not frustrated that Tomasson went fairly strong and played the likes of Hyam, Brereton, Dack and in particular a player you mentioned in Pickering when you were adamant that they needed a total rest?

Why would I be frustrated when we won the game. I picked the team cos I wanted to focus on securing a playoff place

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And why would you specifically want those 2 at home?!

chance of a giant killing by us. 

12 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Because hes better than both

Down to your opinion

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Because unlike Morton, he will be our player for years to come. And he’s at least as good at this point.

Morton has played a key part in our being 3rd in the league and like I said before when he plays well do we as a team.

You last point is your opinion. Wharton and Garrett are 2 very good young players who need developing and playing at the right times. 

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

And how does he know it was a good finish if he only listened to it on the radio

Cos I seen the goal cos 2 people posting on twitter and I posted a link to the goal on twitter. You probably miss that post tho

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would I be frustrated when we won the game. I picked the team cos I wanted to focus on securing a playoff place

Down to your opinion

Morton has played a key part in our being 3rd in the league and like I said before when he plays well do we as a team.

You last point is your opinion. Wharton and Garrett are 2 very good young players who need developing and playing at the right times. 

Cos I seen the goal cos 2 people posting on twitter and I posted a link to the goal on twitter. You probably miss that post tho

Because you wanted a total second side and a full rest for half of the players that you deemed to be struggling with fatigue, Pickering in particular you repeatedly mentioned.

You also don't seem to be bothered about the FA Cup.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Down to your opinion

Giant killing… the decade long dumbing down exercise has worked a treat on you.

Yes Chaddy, it is my opinion. Much the same as how a lot of what you post is your opinion. Speaking of opinions, has yours on Hirst changed yet?

• Like 4

That's a really nice draw in the 4th round ..... a  home game against beatable opposition

Let's hope Tomasson takes it seriously unlike against Forest in the league cup

We're not getting promoted and a good cup run would be great for the club and the fans

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Down to your opinion

A giant killing beating a team 3 places up in the ladder and another team 13th in the premier league? I’m genuinely baffled by this 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Yes Chaddy, it is my opinion. Much the same as how a lot of what you post is your opinion. Speaking of opinions, has yours on Hirst changed yet?

Only once the ink is dry on his signature on the contract at Ipswich.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because you wanted a total second side and a full rest for half of the players that you deemed to be struggling with fatigue, Pickering in particular you repeatedly mentioned.

I wanted to focus on the league and getting a playoff place being my priority. 

Yes I would rest Pickering and BBD for sure. JDT didn't. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You also don't seem to be bothered about the FA Cup.

I enjoyed the FA cup as anyone would. I would have gone today if circumstances were very different but it is what it is. 

30 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

We are a championship team and that where we are whatever has happened has happen. Wont change owt. We dealt with what we got. 

30 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

what is to change about my opinion? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

35 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Again, pleased we won but finding myself again wondering just how we did.  Find myself feeling sort of ho hum with the victory, as I have been in recent months.  Can't quite out me finger on it.

Totally get you, and I have felt the same a lot this season even after a win. I think it’s a sign of us over achieving.
 With a few new players In, I think we will see a change.

Midfield is the key for me - Need some flare & pace.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That your mentality of looking at Rovers. Sadly I don't Rovers as any sort long dumbing down exercise. I still continue to buy a season ticket and back Rovers every time.  

what is to change about my opinion? 

Don’t try and take some sort of superfan high ground. If you would consider us beating Southampton a giant killing, your expectations for the club you “back every time” are through the floor.

It’s obvious to everyone who pays this forum any attention that the biggest U turn since your one last year on Mowbray is coming soon!

36 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

That's a really nice draw in the 4th round ..... a  home game against beatable opposition

Let's hope Tomasson takes it seriously unlike against Forest in the league cup

We're not getting promoted and a good cup run would be great for the club and the fans

He used the Carabao Cup to give fringe / young players a run out. He kept with that policy against West Ham and Notts Forest - we beat West Ham's strong side, but not Forest's. I have no problem with that. 

He's clearly treating the FA cup as a more premium competition - which it is as the prize money per round is significant. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Great combination of pressing, awareness and cool heads - Glad to see it isn't only Rovers who piss about with the ball in suicidal positions!

Yeah. Lovely to see passing out from the back, as long as it is the opposition cocking it up,  not us.