BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We're not though, are we.

They've swung their foot through two balls from 20+ yards out and they've both ended up in the back of the net. That's literally all they've created today. 

Some embarassing comments on here today. Rotherham have scored two goals the like of which they'll probably never score this season, the second was questionable. Our top scorer is out along with three other players. Our only striker is Gallagher, a player that's often overrated by fans but in reality has never been any good. We're that threadbare we're playing youth players.

If this team runs out every week we're down the bottom.

Gallagher misses, Hedges misses, Dack misses. Managers fault.

• Like 4

Just now, roverblue said:

Abysmal as per most away games this season. Credit to any travelling fans that are still bothering to go.

The team has gone backwards under JDT in my opinion and unless he is given a war chest to buy players for his system he may as well go now. 

We won  about 1 in 15 after Christmas last season and went a load of games without scoring. We just seem to be back to that...but only when we go behind. JDT has improved us in the fact that we can now defend a lead. Unfortunately we're still generally shit at taking chances and scoring goals - just as we were in the 2nd half of last season. 

As far as I can see it, Rotherham have ‘done a Rovers’. 

They've not been the better team, but they’ve had two half chances and taken both of them. They’re well exceeding their XG and have sat back and defended their lead well. 

Sound familiar to anyone? 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I agree it’s too early to judge, but am already weary of hearing about a project. There has to be forward planning, but not at the expense of showing a modicum of ambition in the short term.

Agreed, this is a big window for us. The prior window they didn't have a great deal of time and still got some quality in. 

This window it's clear we don't have a great deal of money so it has to be spent wisely. A goal scoring #9 would transform this team. 

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

They've not been the better team, but they’ve had two half chances and taken both of them. They’re well exceeding their XG and have sat back and defended their lead well. 

That's exactly what they've done, beat us at our own game. But it just highlights our lack of goal threat. Hopefully that can be addressed in the next few weeks. 

1 minute ago, booth said:

Some embarassing comments on here today. Rotherham have scored two goals the like of which they'll probably never score this season, the second was questionable. Our top scorer is out along with three other players. Our only striker is Gallagher, a player that's often overrated by fans but in reality has never been any good. We're that threadbare we're playing youth players.

If this team runs out every week we're down the bottom.

Gallagher misses, Hedges misses, Dack misses. Managers fault.

Wheres the quality In the Rotherham team? Yet Taylor has them fighting like dogs. That's the basic thing u can ask for

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

simple fact is we need a couple of midfielders,once again we get walked through by a basic but determined side

We're not getting any midfielders. Have a listen to the podcast posted in the transfer thread. Wharton & Garrett are the ones we want to blood into the team and sell in the future. Morton was loaned because he was further developed than those but wouldn't block their pathway.

This is what we have for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Tbf that's not a game plan though, I'm sure they can't finish like that most games or they'd be where we are.

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agreed, this is a big window for us. The prior window they didn't have a great deal of time and still got some quality in. 

This window it's clear we don't have a great deal of money so it has to be spent wisely. A goal scoring #9 would transform this team. 

The team also desperately needs an older, wiser head to lead from midfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

simple fact is we need a couple of midfielders,once again we get walked through by a basic but determined side

We need a striker!

Replace that over expensive but loveable lump with someone who can actually score goals.

We have a couple of decent strikers today and we win. Same as Boro. It doesn't really get as simple as that.

I agree about buying a couple of midfielders but you'll still get the same result as there aren't enough goals in the team and it's been the same for 18 months so it's not as if we didn't know.

• Like 1

As annoyed I am at how spineless we’ve been, I will say that JRC has been pretty good again at right back.

Not that much use when you’re 0-2 down against the worst team in the league, but I’ll take any crumb of positive at this stage.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

God knows why Rotherham haven't taken Rathbone off, looks much worse than Hyam did and they are a comfy 2 up against a team who rarely even score when behind.

I'd say due to Hyams being a roll of an ankle and rathbones an impact injury which he'll most likely run off 

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

We're not getting any midfielders. Have a listen to the podcast posted in the transfer thread. Wharton & Garrett are the ones we want to blood into the team and sell in the future. Morton was loaned because he was further developed than those but wouldn't block their pathway.

This is what we have for the rest of the season.

well we will fall down the league then,so much for ambition and a new era