BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Without wishing to put a downer on the win. Jack Vale bloody hell, any chance of showing a bit of desire to win?

He's a weird player. I've seen many shit strikers play for Rovers over the years, but I've not seen many anonymous ones. Most of the time you just don't even notice he's on the pitch. That's probably worse than getting in good positions but not being able to finish. On the other hand it leaves me feeling like I don't really know anything about him, and that for all I know he's a surge in form away from being an asset. Not worth persisting with for me though, would rather see Leonard (even if I understand the logic of playing the more experienced player with little time left and only a goal up against a Prem side).

• Like 1

Just now, AspRover said:

Not sure I see anything in Vale that suggests he's going to turn out good, but then a month or two ago I would have said the same about JRC. And Pears. Not going to worry about it right now. This is shaping up to be a much better season than I hoped all round.

I criticised him a couple of pages ago, but I wish I didn't now because his 15 minutes (where we barely had a kick) was such a minor part of what has been a magnificent evening. 

For what it's worth, I think it was probably more a lack of agility rather than a lack of application. I'm not having that a young player in his position trying to get in the side and make a name for himself wouldn't put the effort in for the final 15 mins. 

1 minute ago, AspRover said:

Not sure I see anything in Vale that suggests he's going to turn out good, but then a month or two ago I would have said the same about JRC. And Pears. Not going to worry about it right now. This is shaping up to be a much better season than I hoped all round.

my main problem with vale is his total lack of effort,as a young lad you would have thought he`d be absolutely giving it everything to try and secure a starting spot,he looks totally lost most of the time,hirst was the same

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Confidence is an amazing thing

Spot on.

Winning games of football is infectious and February/March onwards is when you need to string those results together. 

Absolutely made up for the thousands that went, I salute everyone of you.

Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 3

Just now, Gav said:

Spot on.

Winning games of football is infectious and February/March onwards is when you need to string those results together. 

Absolutely made up for the thousands that went, I salute everyone of you.

Onwards and upwards. 

When people  see that hard work pays off they’ll work even harder 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, superniko said:

Pears 10 
JRC 10 
Hyam 10 
Carter 10 
Pickering 10 
Travis 10 
Morton 10 (until his last 15 mins) 
Sammie Boy 10 
Hedges 10 
Dolan 11 
Gallagher 10

Honestly the best I’ve felt in a ground since the Doncaster match. 1st 20 minutes of the 2nd half we were unreal, best I’ve seen us play for a long time.

The 3 hour drive starts here, luckily I’m not driving it and I have a 4 pack!

No need to boast…

• Like 2

• Backroom

I know we should have scored at least one or two more, but it was still so pleasing, after that sustained period of intense pressure, to see Szmodics net the second. There have been so many times when Rovers have applied pressure and been unable to get the goal. Being able to hold onto the victory despite being bombarded at the end was also a great feeling, similar to how I felt at Birmingham at Ewood a few months ago when we similarly managed to cling on to the 2-1 win. It's fantastic to see that resolve in the side, after so many years of the inevitable equaliser occurring at the death. Really does feel like we're finally seeing a genuine, major change in mentality that is a decade overdue. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, DE. said:

I know we should have scored at least one or two more, but it was still so pleasing, after that sustained period of intense pressure, to see Szmodics net the second. There have been so many times when Rovers have applied pressure and been unable to get the goal. Being able to hold onto the victory despite being bombarded at the end was also a great feeling, similar to how I felt at Birmingham at Ewood a few months ago when we similarly managed to cling on to the 2-1 win. It's fantastic to see that resolve in the side, after so many years of the inevitable equaliser occurring at the death. Really does feel like we're finally seeing a genuine, major change in mentality that is a decade overdue. 

Yes we finally have a winner in charge in jdt

• Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Carry on like that and we can beat anybody in the division. I’ve lost count of how many games I’ve seen us out enthused in the last ten years. It’s my no 1 moan. Tonight we out enthused a really good side right from the kick off.

I thought we'd rue all of those fantastic chances, and I feared the worst when Iheanacho came on and had an immediate impact. Although they went close on more than a few occasions, we otherwise stood resilient. It was just utterly fantastic to see us hold out. That's the outstanding thing JDT has done in his time here - we've grown some balls.

• Like 6