BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

I think the pressure Gallagher Dolan Szmodics n Thomas from the front was immense and then Buckley n Travis cleaning up just behind.

thought Dolan caused them a lot of problems all game just needs a little more quality in the final move but was brilliant. 

Absolutely bossed them, went after them n they couldn’t cope second half, massive 3 points.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Extraordinary turn round in fortunes since the debacle at Burnley and the embarrassing defeats by Preston and Rotherham. 

Credit to the manager - he's realised his strategy wasn't working with the players at his disposal and changed the way we play. We're pressing high, we're quicker, more direct but still passing and keeping possession when we have to. 

The defence looks settled and this back 4 looks the best combination with possibly Brittain for JRC (I'd like to see him midfield)

Great day. 

At least JDT learned quicker than TM.... 🙂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

‘Let’s see if they’re still 3rd after February…’

We sit 3rd, just 6 points off the automatic places, bitches 👀

I was a doubter - I didn’t think we’d hold on to the top 6 given our performances. 
But I don’t think we would have with those performances, the difference being we’re playing much much much better. 
Thomas has certainly made a difference, width, pace, determination and direct going forward. 
Also worth noting we were relying on the likes of Ash Phillips, Jake Garrett, Midfielders at right back etc for over a month.

We have a style now, much more settled team, full of energy, full of confidence. Hats off to the manager for building this. We’ve looked entertaining to watch for a few months now after some drab performances pre-Xmas. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Lmao! Imagine the watch thinking cardiac arrest and call for help 

That’s my worry! 😂

”Your resting heart rate has increased over the last 90 minutes” 

So proud of the lads lately. So much passion , hard-work and desire. ❤️

1 minute ago, neophox said:

May it be that Szmodics brings more energy to the team than Dack? 

We won three games in a row without Dack and Brereton Diaz.....

Absolutely Dolan n Szmodics didn’t stop running all game. Putting that much pressure on their defence is actually critically important. I feel Dack n BBD don’t put in the same shift. But they definitely have more quality. I think for today’s game the pressure n fight was needed.

• Like 1

Just now, Realistic Rover said:

Wow. That’s the best week of football from QPR to today in many a year for us Rovers fans.
My special mention to Hayden Carter. Absolute rock, has every attribute needed to play in the premier league, him and Hyam are our best centre half pairing since Nelsen and Samba. No debates.

I tend to agree.... nice to have Ayala and Wharton ready as backups for the last 11 games in the league... 

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeap, you can see it in Travs game now. We’re moving the ball a lot quicker and knocked it around today with confidence.

Yep, I noticed several times today, Travis playing one touch, and moving FORWARD with the ball at every opportunity. He never used to do that. Credit to him, and to JDT.

• Like 4