BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

It isn’t today’s result that matters. It is the result of today that matters.

If the players take it in their stride, be proud of their performances and channel that into a final push into the play offs then all will be worth it. 

No time to feel sorry for ourselves. We still have dragons to slay. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Well played Rovers..no disgrace there.We'll play at the new Wembley one day.

The subs simply sunk us(and a cracking shot),we invited them to attack.

To mis-quote from "The Sound of Music", "I am 76, going on 77!", @SIMON GARNERS 194And would love to see Rovers at the New Wembley while I still can.

(And yes, I know; it neither scans, nor rhymes!)

• Like 1

I was absolutely gutted when their winner went in, but I’m no longer disappointed but really angry. Morton is a disgrace. I thought he was feigning injury at the time, replay confirms it. Unforgivable from him and I hope his teammates let him know. Ship him back to Liverpool.

The subs didn’t help either, for all the reasons previously stated on here. Brittain has been effective when brought on when we are chasing a game, but disastrous when we are hanging on. Big question marks over his defensive abilities.

Aside from that it was a really good performance. I thought we were good value for the win and until the changes we were wholly comfortable. Special mention to Travis - he really stepped up today and was superb. 

Thought the ref was garbage… about the only thing he got right was ignoring Morton’s cheating. I’d love to beat that lot in the playoffs and I’d really fancy our chances over 2 legs.

• Like 5

Fantastic display from Rovers, could'nt have asked for more from them. We were unlucky it was'nt 3-3 when Hedges hit the post and the ball rolled right across the goal line. We could have won it if it was'nt for their keeper. One point Man city v Sheff utd in the semi final, it could have been us. Lets hope Rovers take todays football into the remaining Championship fixtures.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Ha, City away. Serves them fuckers right.

Don't forget they beat us for the right to go to Wembley, @Mike E. All four teams will be playing "Away".

(If it helps, when I first saw the draw, I wondered about posting an - understandably - snarky comment referring to the cricket history of Bramall Lane and wondering if they still had a scoreboard from those days.)

• Like 1

Just back, very proud of the team today, if there is one thing JDT and thus group of players have done, it's to get that connection back with the supporters.

Two evenly matched teams and we were so so unlucky to come out of it on the wrong side but it is a horrible place to lose, as it was in '93 - shithouse club and fans.

Great support from us that made for a great atmosphere, the fans were a credit to the club today. Hopefully this kicks us on for the rest of the season rather than us dwell on the disappointment.

• Like 5