BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Heckinbottom has just been on the radio saying that they're going to ask Citeh if they're willing to waive that rule.

See last sentence of the rule in question (not that I’m surprised he just wants to ignore it):

(j) Temporary (loan) Transfers
(i) A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

If you’d made that decision, would your ‘superiors’ have pulled you up on it?

I guess I’m asking whether there’s any accountability (even if we don’t get to see it)

His performance will be reviewed and the main focus will be on any KMI's given rightly or wrongly. If the reviewer thinks he got it wrong then he will potentially lose marks which could affect his standing on the merit list. Conversely if it is deemed that he got it right he could gain marks. In truth I have got away with some poor decisions in the past primarily due to the Delegate assessing my performance not being fit for purpose.

Rovers are fully entitled to ask for clarification and hopefully they mark him accordingly in their report.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

His performance will be reviewed and the main focus will be on any KMI's given rightly or wrongly. If the reviewer thinks he got it wrong then he will potentially lose marks which could affect his standing on the merit list. Conversely if it is deemed that he got it right he could gain marks. In truth I have got away with some poor decisions in the past primarily due to the Delegate assessing my performance not being fit for purpose.

Rovers are fully entitled to ask for clarification and hopefully they mark him accordingly in their report.

Thank you - I assume KMI is key match incident? 

I first read that as your performance not being fit for purpose but then realised you meant the delegate 😁

Edited by wilsdenrover
Added second paragraph
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

If you’d made that decision, would your ‘superiors’ have pulled you up on it?

I guess I’m asking whether there’s any accountability (even if we don’t get to see it)

I’m just reading the comments of the South African referee who sent an England player off in the Ireland v England RU game on Saturday. Effectively the outcome of the game was decided by his interpretation of what appeared to me to be an accidental challenge.

” Before producing the red card Peyper ( the ref ) explained to Steward ( the lad who got the card ) and  the England captain, Owen Farrell, that he had no other option but to make it a red “ in the current climate “.

After the match it is understood Peyper expressed his fear he would not be appointed to referee another high profile game in future had he not sent Steward off “.

I’m thinking he’s not fit to referee another high profile game if that’s his abiding concern.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m just reading the comments of the South African referee who sent an England player off in the Ireland v England RU game on Saturday. Effectively the outcome of the game was decided by his interpretation of what appeared to me to be an accidental challenge.

” Before producing the red card Peyper ( the ref ) explained to Steward ( the lad who got the card ) and  the England captain, Owen Farrell, that he had other option but to make it a red “ in the current climate “.

After the match it is understood Peyper expressed his fear he would not be appointed to referee another high profile game in future had he not sent Steward off “.

I’m thinking he’s not fit to referee another high profile game if that’s his abiding concern.

I agree and to take this completely off topic for just a second - I understand the concerns over head injuries in rugby but if that’s a red the game really has gone.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Didn't respond yesterday as I was too far gone post game (lets just say I have a VERY sore head).

I thought we played really well but the changes made by JDT simply didn't work and it was sad to see the game end the way it did. Agree with others when saying Szmodics and Gallagher looked gassed towards the end and if we had a more complete bench I'm sure they would have been changed. I've not seen the Morton incident back but I am reliably informed by Liverpool supporting father-in-law that it was embarrassing and the lad should be ashamed (which when I saw it live I felt the same).
Their second goal too wasn't good enough and being able to turn inside 2 players when having your back to goal is poor defending. Someone should have been right up Mcburnie's a**e to stop him being able to turn like that.

The turnout was class and it'll take a long time for me to forget the feeling when our 2nd went in. Its easy to forget those moments after a real sucker punch defeat but those are the moments we live for. The sheer joy, ecstasy and togetherness was beautiful. I even stopped immediately after it went in for a couple of seconds to just breath it in before going bananas. Microcosms in time that last forever. (I'm probably being overly soppy now due to having a hangover 🙂

We have momentum, we have togetherness and we have ability. After the weekends results and recent performances I think we are nailed on for the play-offs now and I don't think fear anyone. I know a few others have also mentioned this recently but JDT is taking us places. Yesterday really made me feel proud and we are on our way back.

The result was hard to take, but that Szmodics goal and atmosphere in the away end will live long in the memory. I was in the bottom tier near the back so was completely oblivious of the VAR check for the penalty.

The only slight dampener on the day was the behaviour of a few individuals on our coach. Relieving themselves into carrier bags which then leaked onto the people in the deck below - we were only an hour into the journey. Then when arriving at Brammall Lane throwing the bags of urine out of the windows down to the people below. It’s safe to say the journey back was a smelly one - cheers lads 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I agree and to take this completely off topic for just a second - I understand the concerns over head injuries in rugby but if that’s a red the game really has gone.

I’ve no axe to grind in this case, I’m not an England RU fan. However what was boiling up to be a really good game was ruined by that incident. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRFC_Polky said:

The result was hard to take, but that Szmodics goal and atmosphere in the away end will live long in the memory. I was in the bottom tier near the back so was completely oblivious of the VAR check for the penalty.

The only slight dampener on the day was the behaviour of a few individuals on our coach. Relieving themselves into carrier bags which then leaked onto the people in the deck below - we were only an hour into the journey. Then when arriving at Brammall Lane throwing the bags of urine out of the windows down to the people below. It’s safe to say the journey back was a smelly one - cheers lads 👍🏻

That’s completely unacceptable. Remind me never to go to a Rovers game again on a coach.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Good review of the game in todays “ Guardian “.

” A hymn of limbs and lungs, a game of pure vibes and pure desire. This was an FA Cup quarter final epic to stand the test of time “.  The commentator is very complimentary about Rovers but - “  Tyler Morton - perhaps the outstanding player in a Blackburn shirt “.

Also said JDT is taking us places.

• Like 2

Proud of the entire players, manager and coaching staff, fantastic supporters, which on the whole was a good day for Rovers, a fabulous togetherness from one and all, no disgrace in any way.

Plus after listening to the draw, who would want to be embarrassed playing in a Wembley FA Cup semi final and getting embarrassed by City conceding a handful? 😄

To a man the players did their utmost and without having to find any scapegoats, I will point out; how well Tyler did for winning the ball that led to our second goal, Gally never stopped running 10/10 for his effort and endeavours, fine margins by the manager  in freshening up the team on 80 minutes. Just a pity we did not have Lewis O'Brien available to play, as I feel he might have made all the difference.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Just watched 20 minute highlights reel from Sheffield United. Final thoughts as below:

Played well to a man, fully committed and deserved better.

Without a doubt Robinson should have had a second yellow, even the Sheffield TV made the comment that he was going for card and then changed his mind.

Hedges really unlucky. Diaz should have scored and any player with true striker’s instinct would have been there when Gallagher arrived late and missed it by inches.

Fantastic assist from Gallagher for the goal, perfectly weighted.

Awful, awful defending by Brittain initially and then 3 more, McBurney should never have been allowed that chance.

I think Morton did get a finger in the eye but he should have got the ball out a foot from line or taken the man.

Great game, great following. Unlucky, deserved more.

Fucking hate Sheffield United.

Play like that and we will make play offs

I'm a big fan of Brittain but he's a bad substitute to throw on in intense games it's not the first time hes been culpable when coming on. Obviously he's one of those who needs time to get into a game and needs a few easy touches first, when he starts he's fine.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I still can't fathom out how Robinson wasn't given a second yellow card for his challenge on Hedges which was from behind and reckless therefore ticking the boxes for a mandatory caution. This was the same referee who sent Ayala off at Bristol for two yellow cards, rightly in my view) but neither of his two challenges were as bad as Robinsons yesterday. He also sent Garratt off of Coventry which was overturned on appeal and reduced to a yellow (if I remember correctly). The referee clearly has an issue distinguishing between careless, reckless and dangerous challenges and unfortunately we paid the price yesterday for his incompetence and his failure to do his primary role which is enforcing the laws. I believe Rovers should be seeking an explanation using the examples I have quoted. It won't change the result but at least they would be making the referee accountable.

Accountable? A referee? 

Give over.

50 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Heckinbottom has just been on the radio saying that they're going to ask Citeh if they're willing to waive that rule.

Why the fuck would city give a permission increasing the strength of their opposition (not that they're beating Citeh anyhow), beggars belief. 

I'd also add it's their own fault for being too reliant on loanee's. Thankfully, we've gone the other way and, bar Morton & Thomas, the team which has got us to where we are is pretty much our own. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Was it an official coach? I’d suggest reporting it if it was.

• Like 1

I was in a pub after the game which had a spattering of United fans in, its very much Wednesday territory in that area. The joviality turned to absolute despair when the Semi-Final draw came out, this woman lost the plot, almost started crying and swiftly left the pub with poor hubby trying to finish his pint,

"We might as well not chuffing bother" she screamed as she stormed out.

I don't begrudge them the win, thats football, but I had a moment where I thought:

"Serves you ******* right"  

🤣

Edited by Gav
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

I was in a pub after the game which had a spattering of United fans in, its very much Wednesday territory in that area. The joviality turned to absolute despair when the Semi-Final draw came out, this woman lost the plot, almost started crying and swiftly left the pub with poor hubby trying to finish his pint,

I don't begrudge them the win, thats football, but I had a moment where I thought:

🤣

If that was my other half,  I’d have left her to it and ordered in another one (pint not woman!😁)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

🤣

And that's what wrong with modern football.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Was it an official coach? I’d suggest reporting it if it was.

Yes it was an official coach. Due to the coaches arriving late to Ewood and some coaches having the same numbers, this resulted in people just jumping on any coach to get there. 

As you can imagine, after the game everyone sat on the dryer side of the coach and left the seats unoccupied. The lads who had caused the mess came back late and had to sit in the piss covered seats all the way back home - silver linings and all that. 

8 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Yes it was an official coach. Due to the coaches arriving late to Ewood and some coaches having the same numbers, this resulted in people just jumping on any coach to get there. 

As you can imagine, after the game everyone sat on the dryer side of the coach and left the seats unoccupied. The lads who had caused the mess came back late and had to sit in the piss covered seats all the way back home - silver linings and all that. 

Sounds more like a yellow lining…

Given this additional information, I’d be contacting the club for a refund of the travel costs.

Link below in case you want it:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/club/customer-charter/ 

Edited by wilsdenrover
Missed a word out
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

” Before producing the red card Peyper ( the ref ) explained to Steward ( the lad who got the card ) and  the England captain, Owen Farrell, that he had no other option but to make it a red “ in the current climate “.

I think the point in RU is intent has nothing to do with it now. If you meet the criteria you get sent off. Its up to the tackler to make sure he does not meet any criteria no matter how unintentional. If the criteria is too harsh then the criteria need changing.

They've taken red cards out of the referees hands with the protocol to try and make it predictable and drive down head injuries.

• Like 1