BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

• Backroom
8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

2 years on the run that Pears has got us out the cup with his dodgy keeping.  Sorry, I want my keepers to perform when it counts. Pears is bog standard.

He also kept us IN the Cup vs Norwich and Leicester. As well as plenty of point-saving saves in the league since January.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Hasta said:

And Pears may well save the Birmingham and Middlesboro goals at Ewood. Kaminsky also threw one in against Rotherham. It's swings and roundabouts on this seasons form. At the moment I wouldn't want to 'rock the boat' when I don't see it as necessarily and upgrade in what we will have on the pitch. But it's a tough call, and if he did put TK back in I wouldn't complain.

That Rotherham game...awful. 

Pears was not involved either..

Pears has to retain his place until he makes a mistake just to maintain any credibility for the manager. But I’d look to sell him whilst he has good value in summer and keep TK as number 1. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Pears has to retain his place until he makes a mistake just to maintain any credibility for the manager. But I’d look to sell him whilst he has good value in summer and keep TK as number 1. 

How much do you think we would get for him? Will be a nominal amount so should only be considered if he pushes for it and with a replacement to come in with experience. In the current market especially, its not as if we would get anything more than a couple of hundred grand for a second choice keeper.

Saturdays selection could go either way but Tomasson doesnt lose credibility if he puts in our number 1 back in who aside from a few wobbles when carrying an injury has been otherwise excellent this season.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How much do you think we would get for him? Will be a nominal amount so should only be considered if he pushes for it and with a replacement to come in with experience. In the current market especially, its not as if we would get anything more than a couple of hundred grand for a second choice keeper.

I'd be offering him a new contract. It's good to have two quality goalkeepers. With a year left on his contract I think the most we could expect is £1 million and maybe a 20% sell on fee. 

Unless one of the youth keepers steps up then we'd have to reinvest a significant portion of that for another backup keeper. They are hard to come by considering any replacement would probably also need to be accepting that they're a number 2 to Kaminski. We'd probably only see a maximum of 500k left over and for that amount of money I'd far rather have two keepers of similar ability pushing each other for a first team spot.

45 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I'd be offering him a new contract. It's good to have two quality goalkeepers. With a year left on his contract I think the most we could expect is £1 million and maybe a 20% sell on fee. 

Unless one of the youth keepers steps up then we'd have to reinvest a significant portion of that for another backup keeper. They are hard to come by considering any replacement would probably also need to be accepting that they're a number 2 to Kaminski. We'd probably only see a maximum of 500k left over and for that amount of money I'd far rather have two keepers of similar ability pushing each other for a first team spot.

I can't see us getting that much, would a Championship club be convinced enough to sign him as a number 1 off the back of a run of a couple of months? 

12 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

DW 7-piece, Sabian Cymbals - very nice!

Always wanted a DW, but man they cost a bomb lol.

Haha that's not my kit, I just found a picture of a massive kit cos I thought it was funny.

DW do sound immense though. My mate has a three piece with a Ludwig black beauty.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Haha that's not my kit, I just found a picture of a massive kit cos I thought it was funny.

DW do sound immense though. My mate has a three piece with a Ludwig black beauty.

Ahahaha, you had me seriously jealous for a second there 😂

Oh yeah DW shells are in a league of their own! Black Beauty's are brill too, always worth investing in a good snare.

Edited by TheRevAshton

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Ahahaha, you had me seriously jealous for a second there 😂

Oh yeah DW shells are in a league of their own! Black Beauty's are brill too, always worth investing in a good snare.

Is the snare for the rabbits ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23423406.blackburn-rovers-tomasson-gives-ben-brereton-diaz-injury-update/

Will be a huge blow if Brereton misses out. Could do with Dack on the bench.

Pears is going to start too according to Tomasson.

We need a career game from Sam. He’s had one brace, it would be a near miracle to expect another. C’mon, Gally!! 

Gotta keep in Pears in nets I think, the chap has not done much (if anything) wrong since he has come in.

Also have to say it shows the level of enthusiasm around the season that 3 days out before an away game at Birmingham we are already on page 12 of the match thread! I'm sure the international break has something to do with it but its been a long time since we've all been pretty much counting down the hours to a game at the weekend!

Compare it to this time last year where on the Saturday morning of a game, you might be seeing a match thread of 2 or 3 pages!

Edited by Irish_Rover