BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

1 hour ago, lraC said:

For those who don't go on this site, it mentions that Gallagher has had 43 touches over the last 2 games.

That screams out at me, that something is badly wrong. even if you went into hiding on the pitch, if you touch the ball less than 11 times each half and your job is to score goals, you need to have a serious look at yourself.

No way would I be choosing a player whose contribution is so poor, if I was the manager.

And most of those touches have been poor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snarley02 said:

Leonards strengths: 

Holds the ball up well, Aggressive, Selfish in and around the box. Get the feeling he is confident in his own ability and doesn't hide....but it's 21's which is a world away from the Championship.

Thanks for that

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is this not as much to do with the poor service our strikers get? I appreciate Gally isn't the best but if the ball spends its' time in our half as we pass it around at the back there's not much he can do. 

I suppose that would be a valid argument if he was at least looking good when he got those touches, but from what I see, he doesn't. As one other has said, in response, those touches have been poor in the main.

48 minutes ago, lraC said:

I suppose that would be a valid argument if he was at least looking good when he got those touches, but from what I see, he doesn't. As one other has said, in response, those touches have been poor in the main.

His first touch is a pass, often to himself then rinse and repeat.

Having said that his most accurate passing is to himself

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is this not as much to do with the poor service our strikers get? I appreciate Gally isn't the best but if the ball spends its' time in our half as we pass it around at the back there's not much he can do. 

Gallagher actively runs away from the ball in the box. If we play a ball into the near-post he's at the far post. If we play a ball into the far post he's at the near post. If we roll one across the 6 yard box, he's on the 18 yard line.

It's genuinely uncanny.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, JohnD said:

We're still in it and it's in our own hands. To finish in a play off spot would be amazing, tiny, young, inexperienced squad with no strikers.

Anyone would have taken this at the start of the season, best one for some time.

Before our 3 match slump, goals were coming from all over the pitch. Norwich got it right against us 2 wingers who had some of our players working overtime. Were were our wingers, sitting on the bench sunbathing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

My thoughts/recipe:

- we need a goal poacher, someone who can sniff out a tap in. Dacks injured, Brereton doesn't know how to play that role. Gallagher can't play that role. Dolan may be able to but his energy makes him useful elsewhere. Answer, play Leonard.

- we often overhit crosses and corners. We NEVER have anyone on the back post. Answer, put a big guy on the back post.

- we have ball winners in the midfield but we also need creatives. Answer, drop Morton and Play Wharton Jnr.

- we've now learned how to press as a team. Answer, do more of it more often.

- we've learned how to pass to feet and take fewer touches. Answer, do it QUICKER.

- we've talked about being fearless. Answer, stop talking about and JFDI.

In general, less wing play, stronger presence through midfield, get people in the box (just for a bloody change) and take your shot on at every opportunity.

But what do I know, that's why I fill shelves for a living and not being a football manager.

Spot on, how many decent balls to the back post have been wasted this season. As for corners we might as well not bother taking them, you just know nothings going to happen from them.

• Like 1

Tomasson calling for calm before the game?

How about getting your team fired up and chomping at the bit for victory Jon..rest assured that will be the mantra from Warnock.

Loss of form,injuries to key Players just at the wrong time..'kin great!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Gallagher actively runs away from the ball in the box. If we play a ball into the near-post he's at the far post. If we play a ball into the far post he's at the near post. If we roll one across the 6 yard box, he's on the 18 yard line.

It's genuinely uncanny.

Yeah and you can see no one bothers playing a short ball into him in front of the defence as its as good as giving the ball away. Honestly if we had a 33 year old Danny Graham in the team and wed be solid for the playoffs.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

Moving Brereton into the middle is a bit like shifting the deck chairs on the Titanic. He is, being kind to him out of form. The cynic in me through tells me he is coasting. The Leonard debate is interesting. I have seen him coming through the ranks and would say he is the most natural goalscorer in the squad, more predatory that any others but we have to get the ball into the box more. I lost count on Friday of the number of chances to get an early cross in from wide but the players wanted an extra touch or were looking to pass, often backwards. They have to make better decisions on the ball and be braver.

He scored in all 3 games before the international break to be fair.

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and his performance against Norwich was pathetic and he looked shattered after 10 minutes

So drop him then. And Gally. And Morton.

But JDT won’t. Cos he hasn’t got the balls to be brave incase it backfires and he looks incompetent.

Edited by Hasta

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So drop him then. And Gally. And Morton.

But JDT won’t. Cos he hasn’t got the balls to be brave incase it backfires and he looks incompetent.

He's the manager, has all the stats,  and carries the can so he can select whoever he wants, I don't think balls come into it