BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I thought Friday's performance was fine - if our players take the chances we created it's a draw. They didn't so he's changed things up.

The formation change is because he's taken off Gallagher, so now we don't have a tip of the spear to play a 4-2-3-1. 

I thought the performance on Friday was abysmal from start to finish.  Funny old game.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I thought Friday's performance was fine - if our players take the chances we created it's a draw. They didn't so he's changed things up.

The formation change is because he's taken off Gallagher, so now we don't have a tip of the spear to play a 4-2-3-1. 

Really Exiled?

I thought Fridays performances was rubbish, all across the park. If we play like that here we’ll get thumped. 

Its all about opinions though.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

Just now, cesus said:

1 point gained from a losing position this season, good lord. The worst record in the country! We cannot go behind today.

It really is pathetic isn't it? But we've been poor at coming from behind for years, it's definitely a mindset thing that's been ingrained over some time. We badly need some leadership in this team.

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Good to see 3 in the middle, always seems like a problem area. Also great to see Wharton start. 

I'd have started Brittain as JRC is painfully slow but happy enough with what's out. 

As always, scoring goals will be the biggest problem.

Is Brittain any quicker?

I think it would’ve been very harsh to drop JRC.

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

I still don't think he's a full back but I appreciate he's been doing well since he came back into the side.

Brittain is a better RB imo and JRC is far too slow. 

I always said I think he'd make a better attacking central player.JRC...I'd have to work out where but I feel he has better attributes going forward 

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its interesting that we changed formation today to either 4-3-3 or diamond shape formation with BBD and Dolan playing as front 2

I would say Morton is. Gallagher not so much given some good performances before the international break. 

I would say the biggest problem is us playing with tempo and movement to our attacking game. If we do this, then we will play well and win

or midfield diamond shape to control midfield and the ball. 

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Morton

Travis A. Wharton

Szmodics

Dolan           BBD

That looks interesting although I'd possibly view it as Trav at the back of the diamond, with Wharton and Morton (hopefully) given freedom to roam forward.

What I DO like is we could bring Dack into this formation if necessary (not today due to injury).

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I always said I think he'd make a better attacking central player.JRC...I'd have to work out where but I feel he has better attributes going forward 

I’d say exactly the same is true of Brittain. He’s been a very useful attacking outlet a number of times, but a defensive liability on other occasions.

Just now, Devon Rover said:

Can't see anything but a defeat here. I hope to be proved very wrong..!

Yeah, Warnock knows how to get a team up for a game. Venky's blowing him off for Coyle really is one of the dumbest decisions they've made since we went down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Why the fuck have they got Charlie Adam on the dingle twat has nothing to say worth listening to.

You are right about him generally, but he was correct there about it being too easy to blame inability to come back from a difficult situation during a match on having young players. I'm sick of hearing it as some kind of get out of jail free card this season. They need to be stronger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devon Rover said:

You are right about him generally, but he was correct there about it being too easy to blame inability to come back from a difficult situation during a match on having young players. I'm sick of hearing it as some kind of get out of jail free card this season. They need to be stronger.

We literally need better attacking players - that's why we never come back.