BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Why are you taking Dolan off?

At least he's bloody touched the ball. Get Brereton-Diaz off, it's like playing with 10. 

Tbh, performances aside, being as we're intent on blowing any reason to try this season we may as well play players who will be here next year. Diaz and Morton shouldn't even be on the bench from here for me. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

What has Waggot said or done on Jan? I genuinely have missed it.

I have heard GB take responsibility for not bringing anybody in and JDT saying we needed a striker and he was disappointed we didn’t get one.

I’d get shut of Waggot for just being commercially shite, but not particularly for screwing January and hence this season up. That’s Greg.

As one of the two people that could to the paperwork (on a potentially £10m deal!) he was on a corporate jolly in Birmingham. The other person who is legally allowed to submit the paperwork is the Club Secretary - who he is ultimately responsible for. 

He's said nothing, because he's a fucking snake. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ben_the_beast said:

Unbelievable. 

We've played some brilliant football. It's not been possession for possessions sake. We've had golden chances. JRC, Szmodics x3, Diaz. Szmodics and Diaz especially have both been played clean through and had horrendous first touches. 

I felt Pears needed to be dropped for this game. What in the fuck was he doing for their first goal. It's Wigan-esk. Second goal, Carter gets done by good movement. I'm on Morton watch though. Why once Hyam has missed his header is Morton just jogging back rather than covering the near post area. A tiny bit of awareness and he could have easily covered. He leaves Carter very exposed. 

We should be about 2-0 up, let alone 2-0 down. 

We are very open however. Wharton has been brilliant on the ball, but he's offered nothing off it. Morton being the deep lying midfielder is laughable as he's just shite. Trav being pushed further to the right has left us so exposed. 

Second half, Brittain for JRC, Wharton for Carter, Garrett for Morton. I'm very t

2 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Unbelievable. 

We've played some brilliant football. It's not been possession for possessions sake. We've had golden chances. JRC, Szmodics x3, Diaz. Szmodics and Diaz especially have both been played clean through and had horrendous first touches. 

I felt Pears needed to be dropped for this game. What in the fuck was he doing for their first goal. It's Wigan-esk. Second goal, Carter gets done by good movement. I'm on Morton watch though. Why once Hyam has missed his header is Morton just jogging back rather than covering the near post area. A tiny bit of awareness and he could have easily covered. He leaves Carter very exposed. 

We should be about 2-0 up, let alone 2-0 down. 

We are very open however. Wharton has been brilliant on the ball, but he's offered nothing off it. Morton being the deep lying midfielder is laughable as he's just shite. Trav being pushed further to the right has left us so exposed. 

Second half, Brittain for JRC, Wharton for Carter, Garrett for Morton. I'm very annoyed. 

With regards to the first goal Morton gets a touch onto the ball he doesn't need which changes its direction. Pears actually did OK to get any real block on it after changing direction so late.

3 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

Now what were those generous season ticket terms again...

I'll be holding off until JDT's future is confirmed. If he moves on (because he's pissed off that he hasn't been backed) I'll see who they bring in before renewing. 

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As one of the two people that could to the paperwork (on a potentially £10m deal!) he was on a corporate jolly in Birmingham. The other person who is legally allowed to submit the paperwork is the Club Secretary - who he is ultimately responsible for. 

Fair point. Broughton was brought in specifically to oversee this however, and the reason we were right on the absolute deadline to submit the paperwork was because everything that happened before had gone too slow. That’s GB. If you want to portion some blame off elsewhere then fine, the bulk of it is on GB. Sack just him. Sack all 3. I don’t care.

Edited by Hasta

The defending for the 2 goals is pathetic and basics of the game. 

Attacking wise we created a few good chances but for me the tempo still not quick enough. 

So I would make 2 changes at half time, Brittain and Leonard on for Morton and JRC off. Moved Szmodics into the 10 role, Dolan and BBD wide and Leonard up front. 

27 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Fuck off Diaz you fake bastard. Everything you have done is for your own back pocket. Fuck off to spain , don't want to see him again 

Villarreal have just beaten Real Madrid away. He will be lucky to get in their 3rd team.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Steve Waggott says he holds ‘operational oversight’ of Rovers’ business dealings after the club unveiled a new-look model ahead of the new season.

Blimey, that's a great gig. 'Operational oversight', sounds like he knows everything but holds no responsibility, I bet he can't believe his luck.

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The club employed a snake knowing that he had conned a footballer out of 30k.

Sums them all up.

• Like 4

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Wharton needs to come back in 

Yeah I think so. All for giving people the opportunity when it's deserve but JDT seems to leave them in longer than you should when their form dips. It's not "loyalty" it's actually bad management. He had a mare on Friday. It's ok to say "sit this one out lad"...he doesn't seem to know when to take people out. He doesn't eventually but only only when it's cost the team wins and points.

On 08/04/2023 at 11:53, lraC said:

I can’t see anything other than a defeat here and at better than 2/1 it might be a case of lump on and drown my sorrows with the profit.

We seem to be the nearly men still, despite the change in the management structure.

Adam Wharton must start and I will be very pissed off, if he doesn’t.

Hopefully BBD is being fed Paella and Tapas, as we speak and it gives him the energy he has been lacking.

Gally should be on the bench and Dolan should be given a start with the instructions to make life as uncomfortable as he can for their back four. 

The first goal will be crucial, concede early and we will fold.

If we are still in the top six after Monday my Tuesday morning run, will me in the nude. 

Should I cash out and start ironing my running gear?

7 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I agree there

1 minute ago, Stonesrick said:

Villarreal have just beaten Real Madrid away. He will be lucky to get in their 3rd team.

I mean it's telling that no PL club has ponied up for him - when they're absolutely rolling in money. 

I imagine Villarreal are thinking about marketing deals with Chile (their fans seen nuts) with this signing. 

Just now, Ianrally said:

He didn’t even look mad on the touchline

He's a lovely guy who smiles and charms the fans, great guy. Not like that sour Tony guy who got dogs abuse. Looking on course to finish in a similar position and showing the same limitations.