BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

45 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Why did we sell him in Jan when we had no midfield options for a lower price.

Also has any given any confirmation on a sell on clause?

Can't believe we sold him so cheap. We must have been desperate, hope there's an extremely meaty sell on clause.

• Like 4

Adam really has jumped from the frying pan into the fire. He is letting his  football do the talking but it must be hard adjusting to life down south with the spectre of his admirer about to get the chop. 

I guess it is handy to have first-hand  experience of a shit show. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'll be staying up late to watch Everton v Adam and I expect quite a few other Rovers fans will be watching.

Normally when a player leaves us that's an end of my interest but this is different. He's still one of us and doing well for himself.

Agreed. especially with it on sky. Sad news about Roy 

• Like 2

On 15/02/2024 at 11:50, CambridgeRover said:

Why did we sell him in Jan when we had no midfield options for a lower price.

Also has any given any confirmation on a sell on clause?

To pay the bills. I was told at Hillsborough that this was the case. When this £20m runs out, we’ll sell another £20m player.

He's up against McNeill and I'm loving the ex rovers ex scum battle.. however he does look a little slow and lost out there at times. The occasional jog back to defence to help out. put a couple of peach balls through too mind

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jumpin' said:

To pay the bills. I was told at Hillsborough that this was the case. When this £20m runs out, we’ll sell another £20m player.

Eventually we'll run out of £20M players though. In fact we already have! What next?

• Like 4

Always though that Wharton lacked the engine and pace to be a top player- could be wrong.  He has such a lazy demeanour though,  there's absolutely no urgency in anything he does. Drives me mad. Whilst I enjoyed seeing him in a Rovers shirt if I was looking at centre mids he'd def not tick enough boxes to spend £22 million on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Always though that Wharton lacked the engine and pace to be a top player- could be wrong.  He has such a lazy demeanour though,  there's absolutely no urgency in anything he does. Drives me mad. Whilst I enjoyed seeing him in a Rovers shirt if I was looking at centre mids he'd def not tick enough boxes to spend £22 million on.

Though I do agree his demeanor isn't always great - neither was Duff's - always looked knackered until it mattered. He does lack pace - but so did Tugay - and he wasn't too bad. I think he will do ok at Palace - he has enough players with pace to make up for his one big failing. Also - as he gets more experienced - so will his positioning - which will help.

I am excited to see what he can do - while also deeply disappointed for him not to be doing it for Rovers. Sky commentators seem to rate him - never heard Rovers mentioned as much since he Joined Palace.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Though I do agree his demeanor isn't always great - neither was Duff's - always looked knackered until it mattered. He does lack pace - but so did Tugay - and he wasn't too bad. I think he will do ok at Palace - he has enough players with pace to make up for his one big failing. Also - as he gets more experienced - so will his positioning - which will help.

I am excited to see what he can do - while also deeply disappointed for him not to be doing it for Rovers. Sky commentators seem to rate him - never heard Rovers mentioned as much since he Joined Palace.

You can pass the ball faster than any player can run. He can pick a pass, no problem. The lad is going to be a good ‘un  and we sold him at a knock down price to the first bidder.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Yeh it's great for the club and a focus on our academy. Watching him playing just now and he's hardly involved just wanders around whilst is frustrating, he looks like he is clearly well drilled and coached on what he is expected to do and not do and he picks out a beauty of a pass. He looks like he is going to be dictating the mf in the not too near future and just surveying what's going on around him, whilst his ball touches,passes and interceptions arent high numbers his positional play and ability to accelerate into spaces is good

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can pass the ball faster than any player can run. He can pick a pass, no problem. The lad is going to be a good ‘un  and we sold him at a knock down price to the first bidder.

Yes and he'll get better in the PL as he matures and beefs out a bit.

He's only just arrived there and made the most passes of anyone on the pitch in at least the first half.

• Like 4

I see Nixon is delighted that Wharton has done so well - his timeline is just him patting himself on the back for 'recognising' him, like a blind man on a galloping horse couldn't see Wharton was a special talent. 

He really is a twat.

• Like 8