BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm really pleased for Adam and his family and anybody with any sense could see his potential coming through the ranks at Rovers. Hearing this though only increases my intense dislike of Waggott, Pasha and the owners. The fee we got for him was well below what many thought he was worth and we were right and not with the benefit of hindsight. Of course he is playing on a bigger stage in the PL and with better players but the majority of us could see what he had playing in an average Championship team. Palace completely took advantage of the financial situation that the owners have put themselves in through their questionable business dealings.

Unforgivable.

I been watching Rovers since 1962 and we’ve had some truly great players in that time but not many, if any, have made such an impact at such a young age. His passing ability is outstanding, his vision is second to none. He’ll go on to great things if he can stay fit.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I been watching Rovers since 1962 and we’ve had some truly great players in that time but not many, if any, have made such an impact at such a young age. His passing ability is outstanding, his vision is second to none. He’ll go on to great things if he can stay fit.

Joe Rankin-Costello said that Adam puts a disguise on his passes that he hasn't seen any other player do.

After I saw Adam play a few times in the under 21's I said he had the potential to be an England player. It's really galling to me that when Rovers sold him there was a quote from the club which said that 'Palace had met our valuation'. I said at the time what qualifies the likes of Waggott, Broughton, Suhail and the idiotic ones to put a valuation on any player?

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Joe Rankin-Costello said that Adam puts a disguise on his passes that he hasn't seen any other player do.

After I saw Adam play a few times in the under 21's I said he had the potential to be an England player. It's really galling to me that when Rovers sold him there was a quote from the club which said that 'Palace had met our valuation'. I said at the time what qualifies the likes of Waggott, Broughton, Suhail and the idiotic ones to put a valuation on any player?

What they offered was “ our valuation “. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I'm a friend of his and Scott's cousin. And he told me years ago when Scott first started getting in the first team. He has a younger brother who's going to be class and plays in midfield. I bored my mates who I sit with at rovers going on about this little brother haha half joking half optimistic. And then when he played, I remember Blackpool away. Wow what a player so effortless and good to watch. Then Burnley at home and he absolutely bossed that midfield and was skipping out of challenges.

I was gutted when he went in January but was glad it was to a team where he would get minutes and progress. How well he has made the step up is frightening and I only wish we would've had another season or two of him here. Like all of us I'll be following his career and hoping for the best. As much as I joked about him and Bellingham in midfield at the euros last summer it looks like it could potentially happen and that is amazing.

That’s what caught my eye when I first saw him play - he makes the game look ridiculously easy. Always the sign of a class act.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s what caught my eye when I first saw him play - he makes the game look ridiculously easy. Always the sign of a class act.

Yeah just so casual on the ball and the way he'd turn and get us up the field. I remember jdt not being 100% convinced at first maybe because of this but when you're that good it doesn't matter how well you train or hard you try.

Delighted for Adam Wharton and congratulations!

Posted when he first broke into our team that one day (think I said within 3 years) he would run England's midfield.  There's no doubt he will and looks like with at least a year to spare from my prediction!

Real quality young players like Duff and Wharton break through early and stand out like beacons.  It was clear we had a gem on our hands.

Sadly, IMO, the Raos, Waggott, Broughton and Pasha really fecked up with the valuation and deal and I think he'll be on his way out of Palace within 12 months for a fee of £75million+.

I think it's a tragedy what happened with Wharton's sale and is just another symptom, IMO, of the hopeless and incompetent ownership and executive management that maligns our club.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Yeah just so casual on the ball and the way he'd turn and get us up the field. I remember jdt not being 100% convinced at first maybe because of this but when you're that good it doesn't matter how well you train or hard you try.

It’s the subtlety of the passes. Always just where you want the ball to go with the right amount of pace on the ball. He’s not like a lot of midfield players who just “ lend you the ball” until they can get it back. There’s thought in everything he does, even at speed under pressure, he still gets it right.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I think Tomasson gave him the platform to play and Adam thrived under his style of play. Adam did an interview at the end of last season and praised Tomasson and the way he had handled him. Tomasson himself praised Adam's ability on the ball but said he needed to do more out of possession. In his interview Adam agreed and having seen him a few times for Palace his defensive work has definitely improved.

• Like 6

Just now, Neal said:

Will we have cash going straight in the bastards pockets if he gets minutes for England? 

Yes, but it has to be a competitive game so any appearance in the two games before Euro 24 won't count.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2024 at 15:22, bluebruce said:

Several of them didn't have wiggle room within FFP to pull it off. Which is why it was daft timing - in the summer those clubs would have been on a fresh year of the FFP cycle.

Daft timing, except we needed to pay the bills until at least August and our CEO was out of ideas about how to raise revenue without selling players. 

1 hour ago, Trinidad Rover said:

£18million.........another excellent piece of business from Rovers. 

Nice one Venkys. And we will not see a penny of it.

Shambles.

We're technically seeing every penny of it - they're hardly pocketing it. It's just being used to fund the running of the club, rather than being reinvested into the playing squad. 

It allows them to prolong the inevitable whilst this court case rumbles on in India. 

Delighted for Wharton. Told a friend of mine during the 2022/23 season that we had a young player breaking into the team that will be playing for England one day. It's happened a bit sooner than I expected but his performances for both us and Palace this year warrant it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Foden has to play the number 10 with Bellingham and Rice has centre midfield pairing

Foden on the left, Bellingham at 10, Rice and Wharton behind him. Genuinely think it's the strongest lineup England can put out.

• Like 2

Wharton will get more and more media coverage as the public latches on to him; I bet there's a fair few football fans who aren't really aware of him and will be shocked to see him in the squad

I just hope Rovers and not Palace get at least most of the credit for finding and nurturing him

I still disagree on complaints about the £18m fee: we set a purchase price and only one club was prepared to pay it.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Foden on the left, Bellingham at 10, Rice and Wharton behind him. Genuinely think it's the strongest lineup England can put out.

Not for me. 

my team if everyone is fit is 

Pickford 

Walker Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice Bellingham

Saka Foden Grealish 

Kane

14 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Congratulations Adam Wharton. Championship to England’s 2nd best midfielder within 6 months! Well deserved, just hope we’ve got a decent sell on clause.

IMG_7127.jpeg

wouldn't be England squad if he stayed here. 

Fair play to Adam for making such good performances and improving his game offensive and defensive. 

Fair enough.

Grealish has had a poor, injury hit season where he has largely been kept out of that position by Foden. Bellingham has played as an attacking player for Madrid for most of the season and scored a lot of goals. 

Dropping Bellingham deeper effectively to fit Grealish into the squad doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I think Wharton and Rice is a very complimentary pairing.

Delighted for Adam and his family as his meteoric rise continues.

Sadly witnessing that rise gives me little pleasure as a Rovers fan. The sheer idiocy and short sightedness of the owners and the 'management' once again ends in failure and embarrassment as we are left with nothing but regret and disappointment having pocketed a low sum of money for such a talent.

Sadly the worst part of this is knowing that the primary beneficiaries are Venkys who can simply use that cash to fund their ruinous regime and Waggott whose life is made easier and position vindicated.

Those who deserve credit- Adam, JDT, long gone to better things living us stuck with the pond life.

• Like 5