BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Would have got fitter too over a good season.  He's actually gone backwards by hardly playing and so have we....another sackable offence from JDT

I don't agree about going backwards.  He just oozes quality.  Even a half fit Wharton is better than morton. A fully firing Wharton is too good for this league 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I didn't hear most on here lamenting the January window this time last month when we looked very likely to get in the playoffs. I was as disappointed as anyone with the January window but using it as an excuse now to cover the current squad from imploding isn't ok with me. It's on them and the manager.

Fans not lamenting when we were doing well. Odd that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

2 more points pissed away with subs.

Dolan never held the ball up once which was his only job.

Morton never touched the ball once.

Sorba wasn't able to play effectively full back.

Diaz was the worst player on the field all night.

By the end we were playing with 7 men.

Dolan was a massive problem. He didn’t hold the ball up, manage to control it or find a team mate, even once. As a result, it kept coming back

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Just seen a clip from behind the goal on twitter - not even handball to be fair 

Not totally clear but watched it often enough now to be pretty certain that as the corner ball drops it hits the back of his fist, not his thigh

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Feel sick. Our season is panning out like the Sheff Utd FA Cup game in slow motion. Horrific. 

Id rather we fall out of the play offs with a string of heavy defeats than this. It’s torture. We’re not going to make it and we don’t deserve to with results like tonight.

There can’t have been a weaker team to have occupied a play off spot for as long as we have over a season.

Hard to tell which changes were tactical and which were enforced by injury. So many silly mistakes at the end to invite pressure. 

I think JRC, Brittain and Gallagher were all injured.

Screenshot2023-04-19at23_32_29.thumb.png.6970a6be460b7247486b0057bac36669.png

Every bit of footage out there seems to have been filmed with a potato but on a couple of angles if you go frame by frame he clearly sticks his right arm out and knocks it towards the goal, before he finishes it off my flattening Pears.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Brereton can just piss off now.

Wouldn't play him again.

Offside so many times being lazy . Especially in the 94th minute.

Touch awful . Passing awful . 

And dolan Jesus christ . Like a speed boat with no driver . Was a liability when he came on.

he`s been bad for a few weeks now,i think he`s already in spain tbh

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

brittain was excellent,you must have been on the toilet all night

Played well first half, but really suffered second half before he was taken off. His lack of a left foot didn't help. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Rankin-Costello was injured and Brittain was either injured or exhausted. Both had to be changed and given the lack of full back options we had to put Hedges and Carter there.

JRC wasn’t injured for the first round of subs. That came after We changed formation then and it killed us. 

• Like 1

Just now, M_B said:

Played well first half, but really suffered second half before he was taken off. His lack of a left foot didn't help. 

Yes stuck on the wrong side and also having a player in front of him doing the absolute minimum won't have instilled him with confidence.

• Like 3

Positives from tonight back upto sixth and a good result without playing particularly well. Wharton absolute class and man of the match hopefully he gets a good run in the side between now and the end of the season. Diaz HAS to be dropped after tonight surely? Other results went our way and there will be loads more shock results, in this crazy league. And most importantly it is still in our own hands.

Negatives firstly us being caught offside so many times, especially in the first half an hour or so. Diaz needs benching if not for his own good. He looks lost at times and you have little szmodics next to him charging everywhere and winning everything. If you could combine his talent with Sammies graft you'd have a hell of a player. Conceding like that right at the end was sickening. Especially as we've held leads so well this season for the most part. The same can't be said under mowbray where you were just waiting for the other team to score and then probably go on and lose the game . Ref had a good game until towards the end and I thought let the game play out. The handball was ridiculous but again we invited the pressure by not getting out and them putting in corner after corner. For me pears needs to claim one of those and fall down on the ball, hoof it and the whistle goes. I know a certain Belgian international sat on the bench would've done. 

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 3

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, booth said:

Screenshot2023-04-19at23_32_29.thumb.png.6970a6be460b7247486b0057bac36669.png

Every bit of footage out there seems to have been filmed with a potato but on a couple of angles if you go frame by frame he clearly sticks his right arm out and knocks it towards the goal, before he finishes it off my flattening Pears.

I certainly think there’s an element of doubt either way 

https://twitter.com/Moseley3_/status/1648800440375554049?s=20

7 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Positives from tonight back upto sixth and a good result without playing particularly well. Wharton absolute class and man of the match hopefully he gets a good run in the side between now and the end of the season. Diaz HAS to be dropped after tonight surely? Other results went our way and there will be loads more shock results, in this crazy league. And most importantly it is still in our own hands.

Negatives firstly us being caught offside so many times, especially in the first half an hour or so. Diaz needs benching if not for his own good. He looks lost at times and you have little szmodics next to him charging everywhere and winning everything. If you could combine his talent with Sammies graft you'd have a hell of a player. Conceding like that right at the end was sickening. Especially as we've held leads so well this season for the most part. The same can't be said under mowbray where you were just waiting for the other team to score and then probably go on and lose the game . Ref had a good game until towards the end and I thought let the game play out. The handball was ridiculous but again we invited the pressure by not getting out and them putting in corner after corner. For me pears needs to claim one of those and fall down on the ball, hoof it and the whistle goes. I know a certain Belgian international sat on the bench would've done. 

Pears had very little to do but did look edgy when the screw was turned at the death. In truth, claiming corners and commanding your box against a late onslaught is hardly Kaminski’s strong point. He would have been equally, if not more uncomfortable.

Football is a cruel beast and cheating is the lowest of the low but no wonder they got away with it that ref lost control of that game an hour before the useless inept fat little gimp.

So disappointed after they all worked so hard and the 3 points would have been the biggest of the season.

We looked so much better tonight starting with some zip with Wharton in the middle - anybody who picks Morton to start over him should be sacked on the spot he is 3 times the player. Still a young lad though so will tire and be inconsistent but not seen anyone control the middle with the ball like that since Dunn appeared on the scene.

Felt a bit sorry for BBD tonight for the most part the effort is there but nothing at all is going right for him and like some of the others he's attempting to overcook everything when on the ball.  Tomasson was on at him all second half which was pleasing to see

But

This brings me on to JDT the guys in game management and use of subs is now bordering on criminal he should be taken away from deciding those things.  Some of it was forced of course but he made the wrong calls at the wrong times yet again, i can think of 3 or 4 games straight off hand he has totally handed the initiate to the opposition. Some we held on for but that stopped working a while ago. I struggle to think of one where hes turned the game around or helped kill it off, such a naive knee jerk operator at times.

Final thought there cannot be another team in this league that gives the ball away is such good forward positions so many times in individual games as this one.

That is the most costly aspect of our 'style', where the next win comes from iv'e no idea now.

• Like 5

Not even ready to discuss the handball yet.

On the rest of it…

At 70 minutes the discussion around us was “I don’t like this parking the bus and time wasting with so long to go. We won’t hold out that long.” Lessons not learnt from our cup exit. Bad subs, bad game management.

I don’t think we defended very well tonight generally. Certainly wasn’t one of our more solid defensive displays. Nervy performance from Hyam. Brittain had some difficult moments at the back and despite some tidy play in the first half his one footedness didn’t help him offer much approaching the final third. Hope Pickering is back on Saturday.

Leaving Wharton out for as long as we have has been at least as detrimental to us as our failings in the transfer window. It’s self sabotage. He is light years ahead of all our other players. He looks after the ball so well there was no justifiable reason to take him off. I don’t care if he was knackered, his brain beats the legs of practically any opponent he comes up against in this league. If we’d replaced him with Garrett I could see the logic. Replacing him with Morton was idiotic.

I’m in the minority, but I don’t think Brereton’s attitude/commitment is the problem. I think he’d just woefully out of form and nothing he tries is coming off. He’s technically a poor player anyway who gets by on pace, power, and confidence. When the confidence is lacking his shortcomings become really evident.

Have to mention Dolan. I’m a fan, but tonight he was woeful. Horrible performance. Typical of Gallagher to score a cracking goal then get injured… that’ll be him for the season I reckon.

• Like 8