BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry (h) 19/4/23 @ 19:45

1 minute ago, booth said:

Weird take when we have -2 GD, the manager asked for a striker and didn't get one, and admin screwed up the O Brien transfer. Not speculation but documented fact. Over the entire season our GD has been poor compared to the others at the top so it was always going to be an issue if it came to battling for a play off place.

What's a weird take? I said I was disappointed with the January business or lack there of. It was a shit show. So let's be clear on that. 

Equally I think the manager could have done alot better and not be so dimensional. Most strikers would struggle with the style we have been playing, the ball spends more time with the keeper than the midfield or strikers.

16 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Look at Millwall and Luton. Grinding out results every week because they are motivated and have a game plan. Is their squad any better than ours?

Millwall are on a worse run than us. Not scored in 5 of their last 6 

8 minutes ago, booth said:

Oh he's gone in the Summer, no doubt. To be replaced by the next Owen Coyle style appointment.

I won't blame him, I'm not his biggest fan but the January fiasco hurt him as most of all he wanted a striker.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

On 15/04/2023 at 22:10, superniko said:

Coventry away last year and the last minute goal after Dack got us back in it was when I realised the playoffs were over. 
Fearing that Wednesday night ends with the same conclusion.

No Gallagher. No Morton. Debatable on Diaz. Start Wharton. 

🤮

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I didn't hear most on here lamenting the January window this time last month when we looked very likely to get in the playoffs. I was as disappointed as anyone with the January window but using it as an excuse now to cover the current squad from imploding isn't ok with me. It's on them and the manager.

It's on not bringing in a decent forward 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

What's a weird take? I said I was disappointed with the January business or lack there of. It was a shit show. So let's be clear on that. 

Equally I think the manager could have done alot better and not be so dimensional. Most strikers would struggle with the style we have been playing, the ball spends more time with the keeper than the midfield or strikers.

I just find it weird that you'd lay the blame all on the manager and players when behind the scenes it's a shambles. Especially after Mowbray and his bizarre allergy to centre forwards in his final twelve months. It was always going to come to a head because we've been struggling for goals all season and getting away with it when we needed to. Last year gave me everything I needed to know about our attacking options and whether they were up to a play off push.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Oh he's gone in the Summer, no doubt. To be replaced by the next Owen Coyle style appointment.

he`s only going if he does`nt get backed in the transfer window,tbh i think he`s enjoying the game in england,in his defence we`ve been a lot better since the horrible stuff we had to endure before christmas

Just now, booth said:

I just find it weird that you'd lay the blame all on the manager and players when behind the scenes it's a shambles. Especially after Mowbray and his bizarre allergy to centre forwards in his final twelve months. It was always going to come to a head because we've been struggling for goals all season and getting away with it when we needed to. Last year gave me everything I needed to know about our attacking options and whether they were up to a play off push.

No I don't blame it all on them at all. The board fucked it up. If it wasn't clear I was saying once January had passed you have what you have, I think they are fucking it up massively.

• Like 1

Just got home from that. Sorry but we got what we deserved after those pathetic substitutions. 
Game was being played in their half for 75 minutes or whatever it was we made the first subs. We were comfortable. Gallagher gets injured, I’d have put Leonard and Dolan for Gallagher and Diaz and that’s it. 

Soon as we made those subs you could see what was coming. Changed the game and not in a good way, they were all over us and we sat back and got dominated. Feel before the changes we could have got a second. As soon as those subs were made that was it. The game wasn’t even asking for it ffs! We were so comfortable. 

Players were good tonight, the result COMPLETELY rests on the managers shoulders tonight. 

p.s. it’s criminal we’ve only seen A.Wharton in five games since November. Head and shoulders above Morton. He’s proven that every time he’s stepped on the pitch 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Just got home from that. Sorry but we got what we deserved after those pathetic substitutions. 
Game was being played in their half for 75 minutes or whatever it was we made the first subs. We were comfortable. Gallagher gets injured, I’d have put Leonard and Dolan for Gallagher and Diaz and that’s it. 

Soon as we made those subs you could see what was coming. Changed the game and not in a good way, they were all over us and we sat back and got dominated. Feel before the changes we could have got a second. As soon as those subs were made that was it. The game wasn’t even asking for it ffs! We were so comfortable. 

Players were good tonight, the result COMPLETELY rests on the managers shoulders tonight. 

p.s. it’s criminal we’ve only seen A.Wharton in five games since November. Head and shoulders above Morton. He’s proven that every time he’s stepped on the pitch 

Leonard wasn’t on the bench.

• Like 1

Just no words….totally threw the match away with the negative approach in last 20 mins and bizarre substitutions.

I’d quite happily never see Brereton in a rovers shirt again, he must be averaging a 1 out of 10 rating for the last 5-6 games. The lack of effort is sickening and still he was kept on the pitch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Had Wharton been playing more, we would have top 6 sewn up.  He's levels above our other midfielders

Would have got fitter too over a good season.  He's actually gone backwards by hardly playing and so have we....another sackable offence from JDT

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

No I don't blame it all on them at all. The board fucked it up. If it wasn't clear I was saying once January had passed you have what you have, I think they are fucking it up massively.

I just see it that Gallagher went off and there was a choice of Dolan who isn't even a CF or an under 21.

Waggott should be ashamed. Two seasons in a row now where we didn't bring in an attacking option in January when in a good position.

And it's not just a CF. Pickering is injured and we have no natural replacement for him apart from Edun. Buckley gets injured and we either have a choice of three under 21s to replace him.

I'm not sure if there's a manager out there who could work under these clowns.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Rankin-Costello was injured and Brittain was either injured or exhausted. Both had to be changed and given the lack of full back options we had to put Hedges and Carter there.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

brittain was excellent,you must have been on the toilet all night

He was hopeless.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gutted after tonight result but very happy with the overall performance tonight. 

We scored a brilliant goal. 

Thought Carter and Hyam were brilliant against Gyokeres who they kept quiet all game. 

Adam Wharton was rightly the man of the match. 

Thought the game changed when Wharton and JRC went off

Coventry keep going tonight but their goal shouldn't have stood as it handball by their keeper. 

We are still 6th and it's in our hands. Just keep playing well and performing and we get the playoffs. It's going to go down the last game. So many twisted and turns to come. 

Very happy with the performance? Really?

If we see that out, its your typical grinding out a 1 nil and thats great. But I didn't see a very good performance at all. Cagey, even first half, little in it. Did we ever look like scoring after that? We didnt seem to have any interest in pushing for a second and going forward we offered nothing.

You say keep playing well, we have been shit lately.

Tomasson calling for VAR post match.

• Like 1