BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

• Backroom
57 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And your point is? 

I… I didn’t think I’d have to explain it. It was the simplest, most inoffensive joke I could think of and you managed to be a curmudgeon even about that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I… I didn’t think I’d have to explain it. It was the simplest, most inoffensive joke I could think of and you managed to be a curmudgeon even about that.

FYI the UK media is predominantly London based , especially since the 1990s when the national newspapers began shutting their Manchester production facilities and a press already tilted towards the south outside of the “ big clubs” became even more biased in its coverage of football and  news generally 

Rovers in our glory years were never given the credit we deserved because we were seen as a small town club that had risen above our status and were dismissed as “moneybags Blackburn” and other disparaging comments by the London based press.

That indifference has continued to this day as there has never been a real investigation at national media level over Venkys and their destruction of our club.  

And we’ve sunk so far out of their consciousness that now they even failed to mention that Brad Friedel spent most of his career at Ewood Park and was is apparently a former Liverpool and Tottenham player 

Sorry about the long post but I felt I needed to clear up what appeared to be a misunderstanding on your part 

• Like 5

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

FYI the UK media is predominantly London based , especially since the 1990s when the national newspapers began shutting their Manchester production facilities and a press already tilted towards the south outside of the “ big clubs” became even more biased in its coverage of football and  news generally 

Rovers in our glory years were never given the credit we deserved because we were seen as a small town club that had risen above our status and were dismissed as “moneybags Blackburn” and other disparaging comments by the London based press.

That indifference has continued to this day as there has never been a real investigation at national media level over Venkys and their destruction of our club.  

And we’ve sunk so far out of their consciousness that now they even failed to mention that Brad Friedel spent most of his career at Ewood Park and was is apparently a former Liverpool and Tottenham player 

Sorry about the long post but I felt I needed to clear up what appeared to be a misunderstanding on your part 

I understood entirely (although I appreciate the well considered reply). I was just making a geography joke…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I don't mind it TBF.

We've won more league titles than Tottenham Hotspur.

Suck on that you southern cunts.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How many goals do we reckon Kaminski is going to concede this season?

I hope they at least doubled his wages, the poor sod. 

And give him a personal chiropractor on call 24/7

Luton will concede in excess of 80 goals in the league alone.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, sverrehh said:

Does anyone know the best way to buy tickets to Newcastle - Brentford? (I'm vising UK that weekend, attending the Rovers - Boro match first, then taking the train up north to Newcastle)

You might struggle for the Newcastle game I think they sell out most weeks and have a membership scheme.A mate at work goes sometimes I'll ask on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Man U, Man City, and Liverpool all had wins over the weekend. Liverpool's was the impressive one. Man U benefitted from a couple of questionable refereeing decisions whilst City did what City do and force a winner despite being average.

Arsenal faltered to a draw. 

Everton lost again. Burnley came out slow and were punished.

West Ham battered Brighton. 

11 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Chelsea?

I should have added that they were games I saw all or a part of. Over here NBC does a great job on Prem coverage but it doesn't have a Saturday or Sunday evening Match of the Day type show. Straight after the late Sunday game they do a post weekend analysis showing all the weekend's goals but by then I'm off out to do something. 

Chelsea played on Friday and I didn't see any of it nor did I see a minute of the Brentford v. Palace draw either. Spurs easily beat Bournemouth as well.  

VAR again was an issue, but not as controversial as some weeks. I don't think van Dijk should have been sent off, or Worrall for Forest. Yet both times the ref brandished a red and the VAR official decided not to intervene. Neither decision was a clear or obvious error - van Dijk did catch Isak, and Worrall grabbed Fernandes' shorts - so nothing was said. Alexander-Arnold was a lucky lad. Booked early for throwing the ball back on the pitch after he was fouled, he then deliberately stopped Gordon but the ref let it go. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Man U, Man City, and Liverpool all had wins over the weekend. Liverpool's was the impressive one. Man U benefitted from a couple of questionable refereeing decisions whilst City did what City do and force a winner despite being average.

Arsenal faltered to a draw. 

Everton lost again. Burnley came out slow and were punished.

West Ham battered Brighton. 

Manchester United benefiting from questionable refereeing?

Well I never thought I'd live to see the day...

• Like 1

After seeing an angle from behind the goal Rashford's is a definite penalty,the defender moves towards Rashford and clips his leg,someone should show Martin Keown that angle after all the moaning he did on Saturday

Edited by Darrenbot

On 25/08/2023 at 23:41, sverrehh said:

Does anyone know the best way to buy tickets to Newcastle - Brentford? (I'm vising UK that weekend, attending the Rovers - Boro match first, then taking the train up north to Newcastle)

I Asked about tickets he said unless you have or know anyone with a season ticket it's hard to get a ticket. They have a waiting list for season tickets and a waiting list for members and hardly go on general sale for  league games. He just goes to league cup and friendly games.