BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

56 minutes ago, philipl said:

My gut feel- and that is all it is.

Everton and Forest will both get 6 points deductions before 4 April. Chelsea probably 12 points and City will finally be decided next season with a relegation enforced in 25/26 after appeal.

It will give Luton a fighting chance to stay up but they won't. 

Dingles and Sheffield United would still go down if they give every other club in the League a 10 points deduction.

They're not going to relegate Man City.

• Like 2

I reckon city get a points deduction and stripped of some titles but they won't get relegated. If they did get relegated that's one of the automatic spots tied up in an instant. Makes it harder to get out the division.  

45 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I reckon city get a points deduction and stripped of some titles but they won't get relegated. If they did get relegated that's one of the automatic spots tied up in an instant. Makes it harder to get out the division.  

That will never happen in a million years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Phil Foden has been that good this season, surely Southgate can’t fail to pick him in the summer….

Agree but is Foden on Southgate’s Christmas card list? It’s a mates rate thing being picked for England. Same applies to Ollie Watkins, he should be a shoe in

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Agree but is Foden on Southgate’s Christmas card list? It’s a mates rate thing being picked for England. Same applies to Ollie Watkins, he should be a shoe in

It’ll be a shambles if he doesn’t start, look at his numbers this season.

To quote football manager speak:

’an indispensable member of the first team squad’.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Front 6 of Bellingham rice and foden with kane saka rashford should blow most teams away 

I would go for Maddison instead of Rashford. 

Foden on the left with Bellingham and Maddison as our attacking midfielders. 

• Like 3

Rashford has been shocking all season and is so lazy. Obviously scored a wonder goal which he certainly is capable of but also wasted 2 great chances. Foden on the other hand is on par with Bellingham.

We wont be blowing teams away under Southgate and dont have the strongest foundations.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Rushford, apart from the goal, was absolutely gash. 

He's just never in a rush.

That was one hell of a strike though, still rising when it hit the underside of the crossbar.

A match where I found myself hoping CIty would win. It's a funny old game.

39 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He's just never in a rush.

That was one hell of a strike though, still rising when it hit the underside of the crossbar.

A match where I found myself hoping CIty would win. It's a funny old game.

I was watching with Liverpool fans who were cheering when United scored - it was like a parallel universe. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Rushford, apart from the goal, was absolutely gash. 

The whole team was. 

Ten Hag set them up to play on the counter and they couldn't even muster that bar a few early forays.

I know City are streets ahead but Man U weren't trying to play. They'd get the ball to the halfway line then concede possession.  

Their subs were pitiful. Amrabat, Antony, and two youngsters. Amrabat cost them a goal. Antony did nothing but pass it backwards twice. He has to be up there as one of the worst Premier League signings. £80m+ for no output.

Ratcliffe's PR team keep pumping out grandiose statements about getting back to the top. It will cost an inordinate amount of time and money to do that. His first action should be to bin Ten Hag, but that would be cruel to those like me who enjoy watching Man U's ineptitude.

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Rashford has been shocking all season and is so lazy. Obviously scored a wonder goal which he certainly is capable of but also wasted 2 great chances. Foden on the other hand is on par with Bellingham.

We wont be blowing teams away under Southgate and dont have the strongest foundations.

Stones rice Bellingham kane is pretty strong foundations.  Unless u mean Southgate tactics

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Stones rice Bellingham kane is pretty strong foundations.  Unless u mean Southgate tactics

Mainly Southgate. Although with Shaw again injured, the inevitable inclusion of Maguire in that problem second CB position, an average keeper and only Rice as a competent (he is obviously above competent) defensively minded midfielder, we can certainly be got at.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Mainly Southgate. Although with Shaw again injured, the inevitable inclusion of Maguire in that problem second CB position, an average keeper and only Rice as a competent (he is obviously above competent) defensively minded midfielder, we can certainly be got at.

I'd start ghuei as for me he's our second most talented centreback. Pickford is better than average. He's been the best keeper in the epl this season statistically.  one of the main reasons Everton aren't in the bottom 3. 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

Pickford 

Walker Stones Maguire Chilwell

Trent Rice Bellingham 

Saka Kane Foden

A plausible Southgate selection and one that could go far. I think he's just got to have the balls to play that midfield 3. 

• Like 1

Maguire is obviously a huge concern and weakness. He will play even though there are better alternatives (Guehi who is injured himself, Tomori, Branthwaite) but none of them are proven or top defenders. Chilwell is a poor defender and has not been good for a while, perhaps injuries have scuppered him. That position is a concern because Shaw is out for the season, so its either rush him back when rusty or what I think he will do and play the out of form Trippier out of position.

The midfield area is a bit of an issue. I would agree with selecting Trent even though it feels like shoehorning him into a position he isnt used to playing. Beyond that, there is a total absence of quality in that area beside Rice. He will almost certainly squeeze in Phillips who is not up to it nor has he played much even at West Ham, or the washed up Henderson. But there isnt really anything in the way of quality there. I also fear that Southgate prefers Rashford to Foden for some reason.

Obviously it sounds like from that as if we are doomed. The four attacking players of Kane, Bellingham, Foden and Saka if fit and selected to start are the best attackers in the tournament, 100%. Bellingham gets so much focus and rightly so but Foden is on par for me, he is such an incredible footballer. Rice is excellent at what he does too and Stones and Walker are top players, that 7 are superb. I just worry about the other 4 positions. Pickford has a mistake in him but not a huge concern. If Shaw returns before the end of the season and gets up to speed then he is a good player but big if. The 2nd centre back and in particular the lack of quality in midfield especially coinciding with who Southgate likes to pick in those positions though is a worry.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maguire is obviously a huge concern and weakness. He will play even though there are better alternatives (Guehi who is injured himself, Tomori, Branthwaite) but none of them are proven or top defenders. Chilwell is a poor defender and has not been good for a while, perhaps injuries have scuppered him. That position is a concern because Shaw is out for the season, so its either rush him back when rusty or what I think he will do and play the out of form Trippier out of position.

The midfield area is a bit of an issue. I would agree with selecting Trent even though it feels like shoehorning him into a position he isnt used to playing. Beyond that, there is a total absence of quality in that area beside Rice. He will almost certainly squeeze in Phillips who is not up to it nor has he played much even at West Ham, or the washed up Henderson. But there isnt really anything in the way of quality there. I also fear that Southgate prefers Rashford to Foden for some reason.

Obviously it sounds like from that as if we are doomed. The four attacking players of Kane, Bellingham, Foden and Saka if fit and selected to start are the best attackers in the tournament, 100%. Bellingham gets so much focus and rightly so but Foden is on par for me, he is such an incredible footballer. Rice is excellent at what he does too and Stones and Walker are top players, that 7 are superb. I just worry about the other 4 positions. Pickford has a mistake in him but not a huge concern. If Shaw returns before the end of the season and gets up to speed then he is a good player but big if. The 2nd centre back and in particular the lack of quality in midfield especially coinciding with who Southgate likes to pick in those positions though is a worry.

Agree with u but there's alot of talented young midfielders coming through.  Wharton, Jones, Scott. Mainoo. A tournament too early for them. Also I believe ghuei is on the cusp of becoming a top player.  He's never looked out of his depth when playing for England.  Henderson and Philips are decent.  Luckily rice never gets injured.  Pickford has never made a mistake for England though and rarely makes mistakes for Everton anymore.  His lack of concentration was what did him. There's very few keepers in the world I'd swap him for.

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Agree with u but there's alot of talented young midfielders coming through.  Wharton, Jones, Scott. Mainoo. A tournament too early for them. Also I believe ghuei is on the cusp of becoming a top player.  He's never looked out of his depth when playing for England.  Henderson and Philips are decent.  Luckily rice never gets injured.  Pickford has never made a mistake for England though and rarely makes mistakes for Everton anymore.  His lack of concentration was what did him. There's very few keepers in the world I'd swap him for.

There are always talented youngsters but its whether they make the step up to the top level.

Phillips and Henderson are not decent when it comes to the top level against major international teams. The former has been shocking since he started featuring for West Ham, Pep saw through him. Henderson is past it went to the Saudi league and then came back to the low standard of the Dutch league with his tail between his legs, where he only won his first game this weekend.

Guehi is a good player but a step or two below Stones and is currently injured. Even if he wasnt unfortunately Maguire will play anyway.

• Like 1