BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

33 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

chelsea not putting away a liverpool side with numerous teenagers in it is shocking with the amount of money lavished on that side.poch next for the sack,he generally has so many players to choose from that he has`nt got clue about most of them

Boehly “only” spent £900 million on transfer fees.     In baseball, he spent $700 million, $425 million, and $365 million for the three most expensive LA Dodgers players.   Those were the equivalent of free transfers since those were contracts directly with the players but it’s the kind of spending he does. 

It might’ve been mentioned but Jayden Danns who came on for Liverpool today is the son of ex-Rovers midfield, Neil Danns. Neil Danns broke through about two decades ago, around the same time as David Dunn, but never quite made it. He did, however, have a decent and well-travelled career.

Incidentally, Liverpool also had the son of Jason Koumas on their bench. Brings back memories of that era.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

It might’ve been mentioned but Jayden Danns who came on for Liverpool today is the son of ex-Rovers midfield, Neil Danns. Neil Danns broke through about two decades ago, around the same time as David Dunn, but never quite made it. He did, however, have a decent and well-travelled career.

Incidentally, Liverpool also had the son of Jason Koumas on their bench. Brings back memories of that era.

They also had Lee Clark's son playing

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I’m never one for bigging up Liverpool FC believe me!

But today, with all their injuries, they still managed to beat Chelsea, after all the money they’ve spent.
Pretty decent achievement tbf.

11 hours ago, RoverDom said:

And with a bizzarely disallowed goal. That's not what VAR was brought in for. 

The point of VAR was to eliminate howlers, not trying to find any reason possible not to give goals. 

I actually thought it was the correct decision but the official line was that Endo was offside from the first ball into the penalty area is what I would dispute. Technically he was but didn't interfere with play immediately but then he deliberately blocked Colwill who was marking Van Dyke allowing him a free header. For me the offence is the block rather than the offside it was disallowed for. I think that if he hadn't blocked Colwill then Van Dyke wouldn't have scored.

12 hours ago, riverholmes said:

I did wonder if there was a link. Decent defensive mid if I recall although not at the level we needed. 

The big issue I have with this is I remember his dad as a youth player. Inference is i'm a fair bit older than I like to think I am! 

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

I did wonder if there was a link. Decent defensive mid if I recall although not at the level we needed. 

The big issue I have with this is I remember his dad as a youth player. Inference is i'm a fair bit older than I like to think I am! 

Just to depress us all on a Monday morning.

Danns was decent, but not at the level Rovers needed at the time, but he was good enough to be a regular for Palace for a few seasons a couple of years after he left us

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/neil-danns/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/4108/plus/0?saison=&verein=873&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

How times have changed 😞 

• Like 1

Two Sheff Utd players were involved in an on field skirmish yesterday.  Shades of Batty versus LeSaux. One of them, the Brazilian Vinicius Souza, had calmed down enough to swap shirts at half time with a fellow Brazilian, Joan Gomes, who was playing for Wolves ! 
What goes on in these players heads ? He’d never kick another ball for me if I was the manager.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I actually thought it was the correct decision but the official line was that Endo was offside from the first ball into the penalty area is what I would dispute. Technically he was but didn't interfere with play immediately but then he deliberately blocked Colwill who was marking Van Dyke allowing him a free header. For me the offence is the block rather than the offside it was disallowed for. I think that if he hadn't blocked Colwill then Van Dyke wouldn't have scored.

I dunno, he stood his ground and Colwill should go round him. I'd not say that was a foul by endo. Certainly not enough to overturn the decision based on this 'clear and obvious' criteria that appears to be in place. 

The decision was that he was offside when the ball went in (correct) and then interfered with play by being in the way of the defender. Who wants to see goals being chalked off because of that? 

18 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I dunno, he stood his ground and Colwill should go round him. I'd not say that was a foul by endo. Certainly not enough to overturn the decision based on this 'clear and obvious' criteria that appears to be in place. 

The decision was that he was offside when the ball went in (correct) and then interfered with play by being in the way of the defender. Who wants to see goals being chalked off because of that? 

For me it's a clear and obvious error correctly overturned. Endo was there to block Colwill and allow Van Dyke a clear header and as such deliberately blocked him. A real clue is that Endo isn't looking where the ball is. In my view a clear transgression of the law and correctly ruled out.

Blocking is so prevalent right now and in a congested penalty area I think difficult to spot in real time. One of the reasons VAR was introduced was to assist in these type of situations and on this occasion it was the right decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

For me it's a clear and obvious error correctly overturned. Endo was there to block Colwill and allow Van Dyke a clear header and as such deliberately blocked him. A real clue is that Endo isn't looking where the ball is. In my view a clear transgression of the law and correctly ruled out.

Blocking is so prevalent right now and in a congested penalty area I think difficult to spot in real time. One of the reasons VAR was introduced was to assist in these type of situations and on this occasion it was the right decision.

But at the same time he's not making a move towards the player, he's literally just stood there, we shouldn't be giving fouls for someone running into someone else. The contact is initiated by colwill running at endo, why should he move out the way?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

But at the same time he's not making a move towards the player, he's literally just stood there, we shouldn't be giving fouls for someone running into someone else. The contact is initiated by colwill running at endo, why should he move out the way?

Which takes you back to the original decision.

If he's stood offside, and making the defender who would normally play the ball have to run around him and possibly not get to the ball, then he is interfering with the defender so it should be given offside.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

It all comes down to interpretation and opinion. I happen to believe it was the right outcome and that Endo blocking Colwill was pre conceived. I would support the decision to disallow the goal based on the evidence. In fairness I saw a piece from Klopp who didn't have any real issues with it being disallowed but did say that there should be lots of goals chalked off from now as it happens at most set plays.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Makes a mockery of the whole integrity of a league that a team mid season can get 10 points deducted and then 4 points added back within the same season.

Especially as other teams have done even more than Everton, yet nothing done so far with them.

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Two Sheff Utd players were involved in an on field skirmish yesterday.  Shades of Batty versus LeSaux. One of them, the Brazilian Vinicius Souza, had calmed down enough to swap shirts at half time with a fellow Brazilian, Joan Gomes, who was playing for Wolves ! 
What goes on in these players heads ? He’d never kick another ball for me if I was the manager.

Sheffield Utd are in a bad spot. 

In the last few weeks Wilder has been charged by the FA for spitting his dummy out after a defeat and slagging a ref for apparently eating a sandwich in front of him. Holgate got sent off after 10 minutes last week for a knee-high scissor kick, and now this. 

Something isn't right at the club. There does not seem to be discipline within the camp to mount a fight to give themselves a chance.

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If he played for us there would be no spare shirt for him to wear in the second half.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Makes a mockery of the whole integrity of a league that a team mid season can get 10 points deducted and then 4 points added back within the same season.

What makes even more of a mockery is the fact they were deducted 10 points and were never ever in any danger of being in the relegation zone.

That league is a pathetic shadow of what it once was.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

What makes even more of a mockery is the fact they were deducted 10 points and were never ever in any danger of being in the relegation zone.

That league is a pathetic shadow of what it once was.

city and chelsea brazenly not playing by the rules,will there be any points deduction in their case????

My gut feel- and that is all it is.

Everton and Forest will both get 6 points deductions before 4 April. Chelsea probably 12 points and City will finally be decided next season with a relegation enforced in 25/26 after appeal.

It will give Luton a fighting chance to stay up but they won't. 

Dingles and Sheffield United would still go down if they give every other club in the League a 10 points deduction.