BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arnor Sigurdsson

On the face of it Sigurdsson appears to be another good signing. Generally Scandinavian players have a really good work ethic and are easy to manage. Hopefully he has some real ability to go with that and we could well have a gem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

On the face of it Sigurdsson appears to be another good signing. Generally Scandinavian players have a really good work ethic and are easy to manage. Hopefully he has some real ability to go with that and we could well have a gem.

Great signing also looks like JDT having an influence on signings and keep him happy we'll be a good squad. Glad to get these guys in the door early on. Roll on fixtures later!! 

• Like 2

Sigurdsson: It's a really exciting project! | rovers.co.uk

“We started to talk a few weeks ago and I had a meeting with the coach and Gregg [Broughton]. It’s a really exciting project that's going on and I’m proud to be a part of it.

“After listening to what the ideas are and where the club wants to go, I think it fits myself as a person and as a player. I got excited about the move pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Sigurdsson: It's a really exciting project! | rovers.co.uk

“We started to talk a few weeks ago and I had a meeting with the coach and Gregg [Broughton]. It’s a really exciting project that's going on and I’m proud to be a part of it.

“After listening to what the ideas are and where the club wants to go, I think it fits myself as a person and as a player. I got excited about the move pretty quickly.

Oh no, he said the P word. Some posters will be spitting feathers when they read this interview.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, rigger said:

So at the moment Sigurdsson is a two footed crock.

Bit unfair to label him a crock, plenty of players get injured. If he spends half the season out with an array of injuries I might be more inclined to agree. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smiller14 said:

Bit unfair to label him a crock, plenty of players get injured. If he spends half the season out with an array of injuries I might be more inclined to agree. 

Whilst any player is unavailable through injury, they are crocks

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That story was from 9 days ago, nothing has changed since, I don’t think.

Ease in after the international break is the plan, no?

Yeh it's the latest I could see. He hasn't played for us yet? Post international seems a long time seeing as it felt like  we signed him early on in the window?

8 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yeh it's the latest I could see. He hasn't played for us yet? Post international seems a long time seeing as it felt like  we signed him early on in the window?

I'm pretty sure it was said at the time that he wouldn't be playing til after the international break. He is back on the grass 10 days now, but having missed preseason it's pretty understandable that he won't play til after the international break.

It's only one more game he is missing then we should see him. He doesn't have much of an injury record as far as I recall, so it's very premature to be classing him as a crock. If these things keep happening then fair enough.

• Like 2

On 23/08/2023 at 13:32, rigger said:

Whilst any player is unavailable through injury, they are crocks

This. Also signing a player who then is injured for a prolonged period of time is considered a crock. No offense though! Just he is injured so can't consider him part of the squad yet

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23759013.blackburn-rovers-boss-issues-squad-update-ahead-plymouth/

When asked if he was ready to take part in training games, Tomasson replied: “Not yet. Of course, we have the break after Plymouth and when we get back, I will give three or four days off.

“There will be a couple of players who travel away, which is really good for the club.

“Hopefully, Arnor can then start training a bit and get some minutes but it is step-by-step. He is going in the right direction which is really positive.”

Doesnt sound that close.

• Like 1