BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arnor Sigurdsson

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23759013.blackburn-rovers-boss-issues-squad-update-ahead-plymouth/

When asked if he was ready to take part in training games, Tomasson replied: “Not yet. Of course, we have the break after Plymouth and when we get back, I will give three or four days off.

“There will be a couple of players who travel away, which is really good for the club.

“Hopefully, Arnor can then start training a bit and get some minutes but it is step-by-step. He is going in the right direction which is really positive.”

Doesnt sound that close.

They released a short video on Twitter of Sigurdsson going through the motions 1-on-1 with a coach last week.

It's obviously a step up between that and training at full speed with the first XI, so he still looks on track to be eased into first team action after the international break. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Really liked the look of him yesterday. Looked to drive at players and looks a clinical finisher

Scoring the way he did 9 minutes into his debut is a statement…I hope GB has a plan to get him signed on a longer contract before he starts producing more, otherwise he’ll be off. 

Arnor, Arnor Sigurdsson is running down the wing du du du du du du du du du du (Heartbeat song)

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Im not sure in any of the games he has stood out to be honest but in his earlier games he was getting into good positions and obviously got a few goals, which naturally guarantees a start. Without those goals, I dont see much to get excited about. He is quite slow and isnt a dribbler from what we have seen.

He is quite bulky but not that strong, he ducked out of a couple of challenges last night. Im not sure whether he would suit being more central. I felt last night (off topic) that we didnt have an out ball in the second half with Szmodics and Dolan chasing around but the ball was going straight back. Ennis seemed an obvious shout much earlier so it says alot about the managers view on him and his fitness that he didnt come on, there is still a long standing vacancy down the middle.

He has just come back from a long term injury and he carries a goal threat so there is something there. He has huge boots to fill because Brereton gave us goals and also pace and a willingness to run in behind.

I think he needs a rest it seems it has all just caught up with him post international duty.

Last couple of games he hasn't really looked good starting so maybe the bench on Sat although do not want to go back to Dolan starting there.

That didn't work.

I think ideally he's a #10 - but we already have 4 (or 5 if you count Gilsenan) of those in Szmodics, Moran, Dolan and Markanday.

He was shut down by a promising PL talent last night - he was very isolated and had no outlet to play off. It happens, he's still an excellent Championship player.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, metalrover said:

The guy just gone tits up after a bright start. Looks pretty inconsistent to me. But i doubt rovers will pay a fee to sign him permanent

Do we need to pay a fee? I can't remember the situation surrounding his contract/club. 

I thought GB was on record saying we already had a deal in place to sign him up for the long term?

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Do we need to pay a fee? I can't remember the situation surrounding his contract/club. 

I thought GB was on record saying we already had a deal in place to sign him up for the long term?

His contract is up with his Russian club at the end of this season, so assume he will be free

39 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Been a disappointment so far, first few games I thought he looked miles ahead of the league quality wise but has looked pretty run of the mill since then. Possibly struggling with fitness but I’d thought his overall talent would make him stand out like a sore thumb. Sadly not thus far

Maybe the club don't want him to shine, if he is on a free at the end of the season.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2023 at 15:33, Exiled_Rover said:

I think ideally he's a #10 - but we already have 4 (or 5 if you count Gilsenan) of those in Szmodics, Moran, Dolan and Markanday.

He was shut down by a promising PL talent last night - he was very isolated and had no outlet to play off. It happens, he's still an excellent Championship player.

Still think he’s an “excellent” player? He gets worse with every game. 

Easy to forget he's actually still our second top scorer in the league even though he's not played much. Has he completed 90 minutes for us yet? Personally I'll try to wait til he looks fully fit before judging fully.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Easy to forget he's actually still our second top scorer in the league even though he's not played much. Has he completed 90 minutes for us yet? Personally I'll try to wait til he looks fully fit before judging fully.

Yeah, he's show enough he's decent. He's getting into goal scoring positions, should have had a couple recently. While he's not playing well, he's no worse than BBD was for many of our games last season. 

My main concern with him is he doesn't have the same pressing fitness and discipline as the rest of our midfield and forwards. Seems a bit lazy to me (similar to BBD in that way also).... Hoping JDT will improve that side of the game with him as he has done with so many of our players. 

I think once it clicks for him he could start scoring a lot. You can see he really likes getting into the box and has good movement and anticipation.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24005193.sigurdsson-drops-big-hint-blackburn-rovers-future/

I read this and still not sure.

Any thoughts on whether he will stay??

This is interesting. Perhaps for the JDT thread..

"The gaffer did a great job to control that with me coming back. I was still adjusting to the team and although I wanted to play every minute, I think he did the right thing to help me adjust. "

Edited by NeilInBristol
Pressed send too soon
  • Like 1

Think he will sign permanently which is good news. He's not been as good as I expected but he does have that little bit of quality in front of goal that many of our other players don't have.

I hoped his style would be more electric though, he often opts for a backwards or sideways pass rather than taking players on. 

• Like 5

Yep we should totally get him signed up. To mirror what rovers11 mentioned above he didn't have that immediate impact I thought he would but you could point to different reasons for that. He was injured when joining, the fact he was off with Iceland for each international break thus not getting a rest or more time with his team mates, and also that he is obviously not there yet fitness wise.

I think once he gets to full fitness, gets 90+ mins each game under his belt we'll see the best of him. Unfortunately other teams will aswell so we kinda got to move fast on this one to tie how down when he is a bit under the radar right now.

• Like 2