BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arnor Sigurdsson

11 minutes ago, Irish_Rover said:

Yep we should totally get him signed up. To mirror what rovers11 mentioned above he didn't have that immediate impact I thought he would but you could point to different reasons for that. He was injured when joining, the fact he was off with Iceland for each international break thus not getting a rest or more time with his team mates, and also that he is obviously not there yet fitness wise.

I think once he gets to full fitness, gets 90+ mins each game under his belt we'll see the best of him. Unfortunately other teams will aswell so we kinda got to move fast on this one to tie how down when he is a bit under the radar right now.

Yeh..I think its interesting to see how we was managed from his perspective. He's finally coming good. Wonder if this was the plan the whole time..get him fit in time for the Jan window?!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get why its so short. We go into the summer and hes in the last year of his deal.

Cos it works for him - he's able to put himself in the shop window for a big free transfer in 18 months time, especially if he's not going back to Russia and he's quite happy here.

• Like 1

Great bit of business. I'm sure much of this had been worked out when he originally joined, but we couldn't afford to lose him at the end of this season and I'm sure there's a good chance that he will extend his deal at some point in the next 12 months.

He's a valuable asset and we really can't put ourselves in a position of having more squad spots to fill. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Course it means something, the club now has breathing space.

He could well sign another at some point next season. Or he could not. Either way he’s not walking out the door for nowt in a few months.

If we wanted any kind of transfer fee then we would have to sell him this year…Means nothing really.

• Like 1

Don’t follow, sorry. We now have 18 months not 6.

So the club has space to work on signing him up for longer next season instead of him walking out in May. He may not sign, that’s the nature of the beast, but at least we have a chance. Don’t see how that means ‘fuck all’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If we wanted any kind of transfer fee then we would have to sell him this year…Means nothing really.

Does every player we have need to be with a view to sell on?Personally I want us building a decent squad not looking to sell every player on.The  majority of the money doesn't get put back into the squad anyway, and if any of it does it's usually 12 months down then line

He as at least shown he can get into goalscoring positions and more often than not has put them away .

Usually we are losing our goalscorers every summer,Szmodic signed on till 27 and we now have Sigurpdsson under contract for next season too