BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arnor Sigurdsson

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Does every player we have need to be with a view to sell on?Personally I want us building a decent squad not looking to sell every player on.The  majority of the money doesn't get put back into the squad anyway, and if any of it does it's usually 12 months down then line

He as at least shown he can get into goalscoring positions and more often than not has put them away .

Usually we are losing our goalscorers every summer,Szmodic signed on till 27 and we now have Sigurpdsson under contract for next season too

The club have gone on record numerous times saying they have absolutely no ambition to do anything other than exist. 

Absolutely no way will we be signing players for the sole purpose of strengening the squad. 

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24008666.arnor-sigurdsson-hails-impact-genius-jon-dahl-tomasson/

Not surprised to see a player hailing JDT like this.

That it is Sigurdsson who has played under a national coach and Champions League management speaks volumes.

Here's hoping the glimpses we see of Sigurdsson class become the norm from his performances.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Makes sense, shown glimpses of class... if he gets consistent over the next 9 months or so we will sign him on a longer deal I'm sure 

That's IF he wants to stay with us. If he performs well, bigger clubs will be after him, no way he's gonna sign a longer deal with us. Plus we dont get much/any money for him.

This one year contract feels like signing a permanent contract for the sake of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, philipl said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24008666.arnor-sigurdsson-hails-impact-genius-jon-dahl-tomasson/

Not surprised to see a player hailing JDT like this.

That it is Sigurdsson who has played under a national coach and Champions League management speaks volumes.

Here's hoping the glimpses we see of Sigurdsson class become the norm from his performances.

Noticeable he's only signed until 2025, which is when JDT's contract also expires. 

• Like 1

To me looks very similar to Brereton - when hes off it hes a total passenger. When hes on it he scores goals and looks a class above. My working assumption is every now and again he'll go on a run where he'll look a premier league player then go off the boil again.

One to coax into some real form and sell at his peak.

• Like 3

On 23/12/2023 at 02:18, philipl said:

I bloody hope so.  First two games he looked to be about two levels too good for us, then WTF happened?  He went to one level below.  Did the apparent ease of how he smoked a few defenders go to his head making him complacent?  Did his fitness take a hit?  We really have not seen the quality shown in them 2 games since then.  Praying he gets back cos he did look like something special.

Edited by USABlue

He hasn't shown any great pace trickery or consistent desire to get past his immediate defender. As such defenders find him easy to play against. But he has bought into the JDT way.

If he added a committed progressive dimension to his decent finishing ability he would be more threatening.

• Like 2

He's not a winger, I think he's been brought in because he has clear technical ability and has got a good finish on him.

The real problem is we've nothing on the right. We need some variety, which means a player at RW who can beat people and has pace. Our wide players  are one-dimensional. It's no surprise we were (apparently|) in for the Palace winger because he's quick and tricky. 

• 1 month later...

Another cameo appearance today. There's not really a place for him in Eustace's current kick-it-and-run stye, and I doubt him nor the club are prepared to wait and see through next pre-season if he'll fit better into whatever JE supposedly cooks up then. Which is a shame, because I genuinely believe he's the classiest player currently on our books, and probably the one with the highest potential. 

• Like 2

On 24/02/2024 at 22:09, Commondore said:

Another cameo appearance today. There's not really a place for him in Eustace's current kick-it-and-run stye, and I doubt him nor the club are prepared to wait and see through next pre-season if he'll fit better into whatever JE supposedly cooks up then. Which is a shame, because I genuinely believe he's the classiest player currently on our books, and probably the one with the highest potential. 

Hes been absolutely useless under JDT as well. I have seen absolutely nothing from him outside the box, he cant beat a man, his passing and link up is poor, he cannot physically compete at all. Only thing hes done well is find a bit of room and ability to finish in the box.

Id stop playing him as a wing back or wide forward as he offers less than nothing, and try instead subbing him on through the middle in a two up front as we need him to get in the box. He will get bullied but might be able to drift about and find something to work with.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hes been absolutely useless under JDT as well. I have seen absolutely nothing from him outside the box, he cant beat a man, his passing and link up is poor, he cannot physically compete at all. Only thing hes done well is find a bit of room and ability to finish in the box.

Id stop playing him as a wing back or wide forward as he offers less than nothing, and try instead subbing him on through the middle in a two up front as we need him to get in the box. He will get bullied but might be able to drift about and find something to work with.

Yeah agree with this, his off the ball work is really poor and seems to have no confidence to take someone on either. Just seems lost out wide. I would defo try him down the middle as he seems dangerous in and around the box.

• Like 1

Good shout that.: 

Trondstadt 

Sigurdsson                     Buckley

Szomdic 

Dolan                                                           Gallagher

Like a 4-1-2-1-2 

When attacking you could have the forward on the active side move wide to act as a wide forward, opposite comes over, Szmodic joins the attack with Siggurdson suporting.

Imagine we'd get absolutely battered when defending though. Poor side,

11 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Siggy is yet again another No10.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, philipl said:

Played really well in the Gally role last night.

Ive not got a vendetta against him or anything but I would say he was comfortably our worst performer on the night. He laid the ball off well for Markandays shot that led to our goal but outside of that I struggle to think of too many contributions he made.

Id love him to play the Gally role well, or any effective role, but he doesnt offer enough for me. He gets pushed off the ball too easily when he has it and is so lazy off the ball. 

I hope the coaching team can get him to up his effort levels over the next few weeks to give himself a chance to turn things around.

• Like 1