BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup 23/24

Harrogate have had ticket details up on their website since Wednesday and on sale since Thursday.

Game is 10 days away and radio silence from Rovers on tickets. So they can't do the usual and blame the other club.

Maybe they are so flummoxed by the limited allocation and high demand they are just hoping people forget about the game?

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Harrogate have had ticket details up on their website since Wednesday and on sale since Thursday.

Game is 10 days away and radio silence from Rovers on tickets. So they can't do the usual and blame the other club.

Maybe they are so flummoxed by the limited allocation and high demand they are just hoping people forget about the game?

Details on website

allocation 450

season ticket holders with 1875 and buying history of the Rotherham game first phase

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Details on website

allocation 450

season ticket holders with 1875 and buying history of the Rotherham game first phase

It's actually 1875 members who joined before August 15th. Rovers had an average of over 1000 following them away last season. Surely a fairer system would be to allocate tickets based on the number of away matches you attended. Instead fans have to pay an extra £18 to join 1875 in order to have a chance of a ticket.

What price loyalty eh?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

They were on Rovers website 3 hours ago. £20/23 for adults

Ticket news: Harrogate Town v Rovers | rovers.co.uk

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's actually 1875 members who joined before August 15th. Rovers had an average of over 1000 following them away last season. Surely a fairer system would be to allocate tickets based on the number of away matches you attended. Instead fans have to pay an extra £18 to join 1875 in order to have a chance of a ticket.

What price loyalty eh?

You do often speak sense however loyalty dedication don’t count, it’s a one off with such a low number of tickets available 

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You do often speak sense however loyalty dedication don’t count, it’s a one off with such a low number of tickets available 

If course loyalty should count. In theory somebody could have gone to their first ever away match at Rotherham, be in 1875 and a season ticket holder and be eligible for a ticket whilst a non 1875 season ticket holder who goes to every away game doesn't get one. The 1875 membership is holding a loaded gun to our head and we pay £18 for the privilege.

The season before last we had a small allocation for Luton and as well as 1875 and season ticket holder you had to have six away games. Same at Burnley last season when it was two away games for the first phase. Lots of clubs operate a loyalty scheme where you accumulate points for away match attendance. Rovers want to screw an extra £18 out of fans to prioritise allocation.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You often don't.

How can loyalty and dedication not count ?   bloody hell mon stop sipping out of Waggots teet.

Personally i'd be looking at those who attend all away games last season and give them first dibs.

Otherwise it has to be a lottery and pure luck wins the day.

• Like 3

Tickets are only available on line. How can that be right? Surely it's discriminatory against anybody who doesn't have access to the relevant technology. As a soon to be OAP I'm not totally confident using it and normally drive to Ewood and buy my tickets in person.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hullrover said:

Think it penalises any away regulars who were on holiday for Rotherham game. I suppose you can’t please everyone but those who went to lots of A games last year could miss out.

Great point about Rotherham. Again in theory a season ticket holder and 1875 member could miss out because they were on holiday for our only away match so far. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

What price loyalty eh?

Seems harsh on the few that showed up for walsall but it can’t be fair for everyone I suppose . Waggott will be loving this for next seasons attempt at flogging them after we all said with no dingles it’s a pointless scheme 

8 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Seems harsh on the few that showed up for walsall but it can’t be fair for everyone I suppose . Waggott will be loving this for next seasons attempt at flogging them after we all said with no dingles it’s a pointless scheme 

To be perfectly honest I had no intention of joining 1875 because I couldn't envisage a situation where I would need it. I joined the day after the draw was made as I was pretty sure being a member would be one of the criteria for the first phase of sales. Handing over £36 was galling when I'm certain in my own mind it's just preying on my loyalty. 

Looking on the bright side it's another reason to dislike Waggott even more 🤣🤣

• Like 1

1875 membership advertised as being £15 per person. But impossible to pay less than £18 due to hidden charges that aren't mentioned in any of the literature and are applied at checkout.

1875 membership initially offered 20% off matchday hospitality, then subsequently changed to 15% and it seems this was down to a 'mistake' (amateur hour, surely these things are checked before going to the public?)

1875 membership claims to offer 'priority access' to away tickets which I suspect is the only reason the vast majority of people buy one, yet it doesn't offer priority access because there are other people ahead in line for tickets who do not need to be a member.

It now turns out that tickets are only available online, so I would suggest that indirectly discriminates against those who are older and aren't familiar with using websites to buy tickets. I'll be interested to see what the delivery options are on these tickets and whether buyers are forced to pay an extra fee on top for 'delivery' even if they want to collect from the shop. 

We knew that the whole thing was rushed and poorly thought out, overseen by a poundland CEO who makes things up on a whim to grab some extra cash in from the fans, we also know that the advertisements and literature weren't correct when released. 

It is bad enough, in my opinion, deploying these sort of stunts to milk extra cash out of the most regular and loyal supporters, but to do it in such a hodgepodge way, imposing hidden charges and generally just making it hard work and annoying people, is the last thing this club should be doing. 

• Like 4

Not that I’d ever be in the running as a non season ticket holder who wouldn’t pay waggott tax for all the tea in China. But I think this early in a season a fairer system would be to reward last seasons loyalty. Ie a season ticket (I assume the die hards also pay waggott tax) with say 10 away games or whatever equates to about 450 folk.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

You often don't.

How can loyalty and dedication not count ?   bloody hell mon stop sipping out of Waggots teet.

Personally i'd be looking at those who attend all away games last season and give them first dibs.

Otherwise it has to be a lottery and pure luck wins the day.

Wtf are you on about? Who is sipping at the feet of SW? It’s my own viewpoint. I qualify thrice over - I travel home and away and am a member of 1875. Am I worried about not getting a ticket ?

No I am not - I am in the same boat as a number of supporters and if I don’t get one so be it. I won’t be angry, I won’t kick off and I won’t lay blame at anyone else. It’s 450 tickets on sale for approx 700 fans.

The home and away support have no claim of right to a ticket if they are not a member of 1875 club, it’s as simple as that!

Everyone knows the score and plus point of spending the equivalent of 3 pints - you get priority access to away games and this game is one of those unique away games at a lesser league clubs.

Thats just the way the biscuit crumbled on this occasion

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Wtf are you on about? Who is sipping at the feet of SW? It’s my own viewpoint. I qualify thrice over - I travel home and away and am a member of 1875. Am I worried about not getting a ticket ?

No I am not - I am in the same boat as a number of supporters and if I don’t get one so be it. I won’t be angry, I won’t kick off and I won’t lay blame at anyone else. It’s 450 tickets on sale for approx 700 fans.

The home and away support have no claim of right to a ticket if they are not a member of 1875 club, it’s as simple as that!

Everyone knows the score and plus point of spending the equivalent of 3 pints - you get priority access to away games and this game is one of those unique away games at a lesser league clubs.

Thats just the way the biscuit crumbled on this occasion

It's putting an extra price on loyalty though isn't it.

Of course plenty will be disappointed but nobody can do anything about demand out stripping allocation.They can however give a little bit back for once and reward the most loyal travellers, like the 300/400 who' go to 75% of away games and would be at Cardiff or Swansea on a weekday evening even if it's on the box.

I'd happily give my ticket up for someone like that if i had one.

What the club are doing again is using it to justify squeezing extra brass out of people and that isn't rewarding loyalty its putting an extra charge on it.  Clubs with huge followings can pull strokes like that but here it's not a good look.

A friend of mine got a season ticket for the first time since Kean because of his little lad getting to an age where he wants to go more. He also paid £20 waggott tax for reasons he can’t understand or explain, although he hopes to make it back with the club shop discount around Xmas (if there’s any stock left). He also randomly went to Rotherham which was his first away game for 2 years when we went to millwall which I think was the first away game after covid restrictions lifted.

He has absolutely zero interest in going to Harrogate but he found it ironic he’d technically qualify for a ticket under the loyalty restrictions because he’s been to 3 games this season when he’s been to about 10 total home and away since covid ended.

No system is perfect and he’ll be a niche example but I think they’ve got this one wrong when he’s eligible for a ticket and he’s the first to admit it. 

• Like 1