BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup 23/24

How do Rovers continously get such simple things wrong? Aside from the 1875 debate, as there has only been 1 away game this season, it should be allocated first to those who have 10 away games from last season, then 8 etc. 

Otherwise some poor sod might have gone to every away game last season, was on holiday for Rotherham and misses out.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

A friend of mine got a season ticket for the first time since Kean because of his little lad getting to an age where he wants to go more. He also paid £20 waggott tax for reasons he can’t understand or explain, although he hopes to make it back with the club shop discount around Xmas (if there’s any stock left). He also randomly went to Rotherham which was his first away game for 2 years when we went to millwall which I think was the first away game after covid restrictions lifted.

He has absolutely zero interest in going to Harrogate but he found it ironic he’d technically qualify for a ticket under the loyalty restrictions because he’s been to 3 games this season when he’s been to about 10 total home and away since covid ended.

No system is perfect and he’ll be a niche example but I think they’ve got this one wrong when he’s eligible for a ticket and he’s the first to admit it. 

Tell your friend to get the ticket and sell it to me.

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Tell your friend to get the ticket and sell it to me.

I would have happily helped but I think he’s going to try and get one for his old man. A season ticket holder who pays waggott tax and went to about 15 away games last season plus all the cup games but had the temerity to book a holiday for Rotherham away so doesn’t qualify for swags 2023/2024 loyalty.

Edited by matt83

11 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Wtf are you on about? Who is sipping at the feet of SW? It’s my own viewpoint. I qualify thrice over - I travel home and away and am a member of 1875. Am I worried about not getting a ticket ?

No I am not - I am in the same boat as a number of supporters and if I don’t get one so be it. I won’t be angry, I won’t kick off and I won’t lay blame at anyone else. It’s 450 tickets on sale for approx 700 fans.

The home and away support have no claim of right to a ticket if they are not a member of 1875 club, it’s as simple as that!

Everyone knows the score and plus point of spending the equivalent of 3 pints - you get priority access to away games and this game is one of those unique away games at a lesser league clubs.

Thats just the way the biscuit crumbled on this occasion

The highlighted sentence reads like it has been written by the club. 1875 is a gun to your head, it's as simple as that. The club now have loyal fans over a barrel by making it one of the two criteria for first phases on away tickets and paying £18 for the privilege. I know loyal fans who spend a bit proportion of their income travelling to away games and Rovers are now squeezing another £18 out of them or they risk not getting tickets for some away games. Swag has talked about the financial situation and pressures in the current climate and he has introduced an extra expenditure on supporters. It is absolutely unnecessary and runs the risk of alienating more supporters, something Swag really doesn't seem to give a toss about.

The 10% discount in the shop doesn't apply to Macron products and is only available for a three month period. 

• Like 5

Taking away the Rotherham only qualifying criteria which is ridiculous in itself. There are two separate things going on here (which will obviously have gone over 1864s head).

Do fans know 1875 will give you priority? Yes. Does that mean it’s a justified extra expense on fans? No. A pure Swag cash in on the most loyal of fans. And he’s got lucky with this tie as otherwise there probably wouldn’t have been a single away game this season where demand would have outstripped supply negating the need entirely for this grubby little rip off.

• Like 3

Basing the criteria on one game is absolute madness - as others have said, surely using last season was more sensible? You can still reward this year's loyalty by only opening to ST/club members this year, but without putting the remaining onus on one game. 

I would advocate some sort of 'loyalty points' approach, but a) no opportunity for an 1875 club swindle b) even that is flawed e.g. how to weight it.

I didn't renew this year due to being so far away and couldn't go anyway, but the post above highlights the nonsense of it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

How do Rovers continously get such simple things wrong? Aside from the 1875 debate, as there has only been 1 away game this season, it should be allocated first to those who have 10 away games from last season, then 8 etc. 

Otherwise some poor sod might have gone to every away game last season, was on holiday for Rotherham and misses out.

I think they just can’t be arsed with sitting and working out a loyalty points system.

It is easier to just go with an arbitrary decision, made at the last minute, because nobody is accountable to they club’s key stakeholder. Us, the fans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Riverside under the drip said:

If you're going to go online only, at least have a functioning website. SIX times I got as far as paying for Harrogate tickets but the website timed out before I could pay. Why is it so bad to go in and buy a ticket from a person? Or even phone? Absurd.

Did you try and ring up? A friend of mine tried his luck first thing this morning and got one. There must have been a handful left after the original phase . Poor communication from the club all round really!

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Blackburn End really not open for the Cardiff game - what's all that about? Closing the Riverside is one thing, but the Blackburn End? Especially when it's been open for home games in earlier rounds both this season and in recent years. Well, it's just always been open.

They also seem to struggle to publish anything without any errors in these days (some effort considering this is just a few lines), the next round is the third round and Cardiff's win v Birmingham was in round two. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/september/06/ticket-news--rovers-v-cardiff-city/

11 minutes ago, frosty said:

Is the Blackburn End really not open for the Cardiff game - what's all that about? Closing the Riverside is one thing, but the Blackburn End? Especially when it's been open for home games in earlier rounds both this season and in recent years. Well, it's just always been open.

They also seem to struggle to publish anything without any errors in these days (some effort considering this is just a few lines), the next round is the third round and Cardiff's win v Birmingham was in round two. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/september/06/ticket-news--rovers-v-cardiff-city/

They are trying to kill the heart of the club. I won't be going. This is another question for the Rovers trust/fans forum.

• Like 3

Recent crowds at early round cup ties have been at their highest level for years since we’ve stumbled across a manager that takes them seriously, so now they choose to close the home end for them?!

Swag would be delighted to only operate the JW, just think of the cost savings - surprised they haven’t put the Cardiff fans in there too.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Recent crowds at early round cup ties have been at their highest level for years since we’ve stumbled across a manager that takes them seriously, so now they choose to close the home end for them?!

Swag would be delighted to only operate the JW, just think of the cost savings - surprised they haven’t put the Cardiff fans in there too.

There could be more Cardiff, than Rovers.

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I can’t believe they have the rounds of the cup wrong 

How the fuck is that CEO still in a job? He’s taking the piss, clearly 

For all this talk of how much “pride” Venkys have they certainly don’t show it. Steve Waggott is another in a long list of criminal appointments that have made them look like right mugs 

I can’t wait to see the back of him. Makes my skin crawl these days 

So we beat Harrogate in round one… the Walsall game was a friendly then? Papa John’s maybe?

They pretty much can’t do a media post without it being full of of basic factual errors. 

I was going to say something about it being ‘amateur’, but non league clubs have far more pride in what they are doing than the shambles down there.

Edited by Mattyblue

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So we beat Harrogate in round one… the Walsall game was a friendly then? Papa John’s maybe?

They pretty much can’t do a media post without it being full of of basic factual errors. 

I was going to say something about it being ‘amateur’, but non league clubs have far more pride in what they are doing than the shambles down there.

The people of York will be pissed off. Our Shambles is worse than theirs!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It's as if whoever is responsible for the media posts does it on purpose and is having a laugh.

4 hours ago, rigger said:

They are trying to kill the heart of the club. I won't be going. This is another question for the Rovers trust/fans forum.

They want to completely destroy the morale of the fans ...

The club is more or less destroyed but the fans still have hope !

Venkys please go !!!

That's absolutely pathetic if true but he's hiding behind cost cutting again.

Regardless of this the sooner that guy is out of this club the better although knowing Venkys history the one that comes next will be worse.

I'm getting really sick of this stuff now only blind loyalty to the shirt and badge keeps me interested when i'd much rather stick the middle finger to this ownership era once and for all.

• Like 2