BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup 23/24

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's a real dick this fella.

x2

kill the atmosphere and a possible tie with a premier league club.i don`t often wish utter misfortune and misery on people but in swags case i`ll make an exemption,he really is the epitome of a ceo who`s managed to get to where he is  by implanting his tongue in dubious places despite being as thick as a bag of cement

• Like 3

This has got to be a mistake surely, they would never close the Bburn End for a competitive game, would they?

I often think Waggott is a victim of circumstance, ten bob CEO working for 10 bob owners, but if he's sanctioned this its a bloody disgrace.

• Like 2

On 09/09/2023 at 13:48, tomphil said:

That's absolutely pathetic if true but he's hiding behind cost cutting again.

Regardless of this the sooner that guy is out of this club the better although knowing Venkys history the one that comes next will be worse.

I'm getting really sick of this stuff now only blind loyalty to the shirt and badge keeps me interested when i'd much rather stick the middle finger to this ownership era once and for all.

I mean if we can't afford to open the home end ON A MATCH DAY then just fold the club now.

• Like 2

Just when you think the club couldn't act in a more tinpot amateurish manner our CEO expertly manages to find a way to do just that.

Cutback Steve really showing his ambitions here. Of course he's no interest in progressing in the cup or getting more people into Ewood - the lamentable 'attempts' to promote the game will ensure that - but focusing purely on finding a way to try and save a few quid wherever he can. 

As others have correctly pointed out, Cardiff will bring about 300 and will be scattered across the DE lower tier. If he's that bothered about saving the costs of opening a big stand he should think about sticking them in the corner of the JW stand but I'm pretty sure any saving he makes shutting the BBE will be wiped out by the costs of opening the DE and putting a few hundred more off going who don't want to go in the JW stand.

The double whammy will come if we (surprisingly) do manage to get to about 7000-8000 advance sales. That will cause them problems because they'll have to consider opening the BBE then to deal with any walk-on overspill. This will then annoy the BBE regulars who have been forced into buying in the JW stand. Fingers crossed for Steve's sake we just get the 5000 and then he can toast a job well done.

The day he fecks off from this club can't come soon enough. He's an embarrassment and he makes our club one too.

• Like 8

At these meetings, has anyone actually call Waggott out? Seems like it’s not the case. Just happy to let him keep taking the piss out of us and the club.

He is such a slimy bastard and just keeps rubbing our faces in it, because he can. Shows how much he is getting away with. Just keep taking advantage with no challenge from anyone. Sticking two figures as he does it!

Not much sign of coffee slurping groupies these days.

This is exactly the kind of thing he is good at though and why he was at clubs like Charlton and Coventry when they were going backwards.   Great at often pointless penny pinching just for the sake of it  but absolutely zero idea how to read the room or make bold forward moving steps when they have been really needed.

There is no way this guy dreamt up the DoF and head coach model here and identified JDT unless it was purely another cost cutting plan.

Chocolate teapot.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gav said:

This has got to be a mistake surely, they would never close the Bburn End for a competitive game, would they?

I often think Waggott is a victim of circumstance, ten bob CEO working for 10 bob owners, but if he's sanctioned this its a bloody disgrace.

No mistake.

On the online ticket planner thing, only the JW is available.

• Like 1

Might as well turn the big screen off and save electricity. Sure, it’s nice for the fans to be able to see the replays and the team sheets, but it costs money and is not essential.

What a King Cnut this guy is.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Once upon a time The Telegraph would have been inundated with letters, Radio Lancs phone in would have jammed, sadly these days this will probably go relatively unnoticed……

The final insult was giving that **** a new contract after 4 wins in 24’ish, but is this another final insult?

Venkys out, clueless ****s

Edited by Gav

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

would`nt the smart and progressive way of ticketing this fixture be to try and fill as many seats as possible,thats how normal clubs work,they don`t go the opposite way and basically tell you to not bother coming as we are only opening one stand🙄

Totally agree - why not give tickets for a fiver to all season ticket holders, plus anyone buying a ticket for the Sunderland match ?

This type of thing just slowly erodes the fan base - and atmosphere.

A few grand saved is nothing compared to the long term implications.

• Like 2