BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup 23/24

5 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

I used to sit near him in the BBE - some wild tales of efforts to get to overseas friendlies. I have no idea how anyone can then just sack it off for another club.

The lad suffered a stroke if I recall   - he is a good lad and top fan I don’t think he abandoned his love for Rovers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

I used to sit near him in the BBE - some wild tales of efforts to get to overseas friendlies. I have no idea how anyone can then just sack it off for another club.

I gave him a few quid in Sofia because he was running short, imagine my dismay when he was stocking up on cheap fags in the airport on the way back, the Mrs had to intervene or I'd have rung his bloody neck, cheeky bastard. 🤣

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to come over on the train with a young lad from Manchester who was a mad Rovers fan. He had the crest tattoo etc, he went everywhere. All his family were real City fans. We they got relegated to the old Div 3 and Rovers got promoted back to the Prem he packed Rovers in and became a City fan ! Maybe he knew something ?

Mate of mine used to go home and away with us..either the speedie promotion year or first year in premier league he got sick and tired of all the new supporters claiming they'd been going ewood for years

Had a rant one night and said 'that's it i'm never going again from now on i support.....(big pause while he thought) bolton)...has been going there ever since!

I've no idea how many people have signed up for 1875 membership but imagine quite a few have joined since last night.

If reports of a 400-500 allocation are to be believed then I hope Rovers are going to impose additional purchase requirements and phases rather than just throwing it open for a free for all.

What I'm hoping for is some degree of protection and priority to those who go regularly. Perhaps ST + 1875 members who bought a Walsall or Rotherham ticket etc.

What I'm expecting is first come first served which with a small allocation is bound to cause issues. Or Waggott coming up with some scheme to extract more cash from people to secure priority.

22 minutes ago, levi said:

Mate of mine used to go home and away with us..either the speedie promotion year or first year in premier league he got sick and tired of all the new supporters claiming they'd been going ewood for years

Had a rant one night and said 'that's it i'm never going again from now on i support.....(big pause while he thought) bolton)...has been going there ever since!

i understand him totally,it used to drive me mad that after our title win there were people coming into the local with rovers shirts on,what basically gave them the right to wear that shirt when they`ve never been to rotherham,grimsby,cambridge etc on a freezing weeknight with only a few hardy rovers fans for company🤬

i did stop going for a few seasons because of glory hunters,though i only went to watch chorley and not another league side

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I thought the fanbase growing rapidly was bloody fantastic. Ewood Park packed to the rafters, shirts everywhere, BRFC back in its rightful place at the top table of English football… but each to their own 🤷‍♂️

It was fantastic. Rovers shirts popping up everywhere. Big interest in the club.

If something crazy was to happen and we started seeing tourists and day trippers turning up at Ewood, would it bother me? Not one bit, but that's just me.

I get the 'this lot weren't here during the tough times' argument, but from a club point of view, it would mean we were going places.

Would love for it to be tested out, of course.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I've no idea how many people have signed up for 1875 membership but imagine quite a few have joined since last night.

If reports of a 400-500 allocation are to be believed then I hope Rovers are going to impose additional purchase requirements and phases rather than just throwing it open for a free for all.

What I'm hoping for is some degree of protection and priority to those who go regularly. Perhaps ST + 1875 members who bought a Walsall or Rotherham ticket etc.

What I'm expecting is first come first served which with a small allocation is bound to cause issues. Or Waggott coming up with some scheme to extract more cash from people to secure priority.

Why should season ticket holders get preference for cup tickets. In my opinion those who attended the Walsall game should have first priority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

It was fantastic. Rovers shirts popping up everywhere. Big interest in the club.

If something crazy was to happen and we started seeing tourists and day trippers turning up at Ewood, would it bother me? Not one bit, but that's just me.

I get the 'this lot weren't here during the tough times' argument, but from a club point of view, it would mean we were going places.

Would love for it to be tested out, of course.

The club isn't truly in the heart if someone does that especially if they naff off to a local rival.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

ST & 1875 & Walsall ticket would be the obvious choice for stage 1.

Highly likely to just be ST & 1875 though.

I did consider signing up for 1875 today to snag a ticket but I can't be arsed, will go in the home end if anywhere probably.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Why should season ticket holders get preference for cup tickets. In my opinion those who attended the Walsall game should have first priority.

Whether they should or shouldn't they always do. Possession of a season ticket is usually essential for inclusion in first phase of cup ticket sales and that's the case at most clubs.

But I agree those who went to the Walsall game should have priority over those that didn't for a game such as this where there is clearly a very small allocation.

48 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

ST & 1875 & Walsall ticket would be the obvious choice for stage 1.

Highly likely to just be ST & 1875 though.

I did consider signing up for 1875 today to snag a ticket but I can't be arsed, will go in the home end if anywhere probably.

How simple would that be to do. Can you just walk up and buy a ticket or do they question postcodes and want proof etc 

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

How simple would that be to do. Can you just walk up and buy a ticket or do they question postcodes and want proof etc 

I'm not sure to be honest, I know a few people localish to there so may call in a few favours if required....

I can see it being 1875, season ticket and a number of away games from last season. Although it doesn't happen too often now where there is a scarcity of away tickets it would be better if the club had a scheme like loyalty points whereby points are obtained from having a season ticket and attendance at away games.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I can see it being 1875, season ticket and a number of away games from last season. Although it doesn't happen too often now where there is a scarcity of away tickets it would be better if the club had a scheme like loyalty points whereby points are obtained from having a season ticket and attendance at away games.

No money in a loyalty scheme. Better forcing loyal fans to pay extra for membership to secure priority on away tickets.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

The club isn't truly in the heart if someone does that especially if they naff off to a local rival.

Never understood that.  I keep an eye on Mallorca's results as we have a bolthole out there.  If I ever give up on Rovers, no way could I follow another English team. 

It's like supporting Lancs at cricket because youry a born and bred Lancastrian, then deciding to support Y**kshire.

Even watching Mallorca it would be on half arsed, no investation in the club basis.

Each to their own though I suppose. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 1

On 10/08/2023 at 17:53, levi said:

Your mate had one of the most confused moral compasses I've ever heard of then. Sick of fake fans, so deserts his club for another....riiiiight....

Sounds like a prick tbh, and a hypocrite.

• Like 3

On 10/08/2023 at 17:53, levi said:

I was Rovers daft from the day I was born, its a family thing, its in the blood.

I have to say though that when the revolution started in 1992, the amount of people I saw that had never had an interest in football, or had in some cases been Liverpool fans up to that point was noticeable. You'd bump into people on matchdays that you went to school with, now wearing Rovers shirts, not Liverpool shirts, its amazing what a bit of success can do.

I'm not knocking it, we were all from Blackburn after all, but I often wonder how many of those lads/lasses are still going today.

10 hours ago, Gav said:

I was Rovers daft from the day I was born, its a family thing, its in the blood.

I have to say though that when the revolution started in 1992, the amount of people I saw that had never had an interest in football, or had in some cases been Liverpool fans up to that point was noticeable. You'd bump into people on matchdays that you went to school with, now wearing Rovers shirts, not Liverpool shirts, its amazing what a bit of success can do.

I'm not knocking it, we were all from Blackburn after all, but I often wonder how many of those lads/lasses are still going today.

I'll always remember a lad i knew giving it 'we are the mighty reds' in our local on the night of the mark atkins og against liverpool...

Years later he'd come out of the army and was moving into my mates to lodge....when moving his stuff in he had a giant framed poster of the old ewood🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jordan Orvil said:

Hi all,

Pleased to see that this messageboard is still going strong. With the upcoming match at Harrogate, thought now was the right time just to pop on to clear a few things up. 

In 2008 I suffered a stroke which lead to me missing several matches. I discharged myself from hospital to attend the FA Cup match up at Blyth Spartans (Jan 2009). This was a bit of an error which led to me spending another month in hospital. I was subsequently diagnosed with a rare blood disorder, which was the cause of the stroke. I now receive constant treatment for this, and this will continue for the rest of my life. It meant that I was unable to drive, and whilst I was able to attend some matches, it just wasn't the same. In Oct 2009 a had a son Daniel, however suffered a further, more serious stroke, in Jan 2010. Fortunately I was able to make a full recovery, however it did make me consider a lot of things. The enjoyment of going to footy with mates wasn't there, and it was difficult to attend games. I managed to get my son to a few Rovers games however it was far from easy. 

When my son was 3 he wanted to go to a another game, and as I grew up in Harrogate, and would often go to Town games when Rovers weren't playing, I thought it was a good idea to take him there. This was at a time when the crowd was around 300, and in comparison to a club like Darwen. They played in the National League North, and would normally finish around mid-table. Anyway, Daniel loved it, and we were well looked after and visits became more frequent. We bought our first season tickets in 2013, and I became more involved with their supporters club. I was enrolled on to the committee and as the crowds grew, I started arranging the supporters travel. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect them to climb the leagues and eventually end up in the EFL. 

I still keep in touch with lots of Rovers fans through Facebook, and look out for their results. Wish everyone here all the best, and hopefully some of you can get tickets. You'll get between 400-600.

Jordan (Orvil)

Hope your health is stabilised now and you are enjoying life.

It will be a weird experience for you to have Rovers visiting Harrogate!

• Like 1