BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

It is a seriously long journey so perhaps appropriate for a distant fan to start the thread.

Argyle won the craziest of promotion races becoming Champions with 101 points winning 31 out of 46 games. Sheffield Wednesday missed out on automatic promotion in 3rd with 96 points- Ipswich squeezed in with 98.

Watched most of two of their games- the Southampton 2-1 home defeat and their 3-1 home win over Huddersfield first game back. They are effectively direct going forward in an agricultural way, combative in midfield and a mistake waiting to happen at the back- Huddersfield missed three absolute sitters against them. Southampton pretty stuff created many fewer chances than they should have done (hint to Rovers- cut out that pass too many on the edge of the area and shoot once in a while).

So a return to high press possession football for Rovers after the Hornets smash and grab. We ought to have too much (and an unavailable Ennis) for Plymouth to cope with but oughta never won a football game..

• Like 1

At home park we’ve played 25 won 4, drawn 6 and lost 15. So not happy hunting ground. Speedie scored a hat trick there in 92 when it mattered. Although if memory serves not sure it actually mattered all that much with the goal difference but we still did the business.

• Like 1

Got my ticket, probably seen us at Home Park as much as any away ground tbh as I've lived down here half my life.

Had some terrific days out down there when I lived Oop North mind so looking forward to seeing us live for the first time since last season.

1-1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

No tickets seem to be available through the Rovers website. Is our allocation sold out, or should I be getting from elsewhere? Thanks.

plenty of tickets left,you just need to scroll through the news sections of the website,sadly the website is`nt very navigable,looks like  it`s maintained by a group of schoolchildren

36 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

No tickets seem to be available through the Rovers website. Is our allocation sold out, or should I be getting from elsewhere? Thanks.

I got mine yesterday (to be posted - extra £1.50 which is fair enough) after the website initially rejected my payment but accepted it the 2nd time, initially no record of my previous ticket buying despite I buy a few tickets every year and then miraculously did link my email address (that I've had for close to 30 years) to my account and I was able to continue, hopefully my ticket will arrive .....

Great set up 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

plenty of tickets left,you just need to scroll through the news sections of the website,sadly the website is`nt very navigable,looks like  it`s maintained by a group of schoolchildren

Thank you for the reply (and from DeeCee). I'm feeling pretty stupid here, but however I get to the Argyle v Rovers ticket section on the website, it doesn't seem to give me any ticket availability. Not something I've come up against before.

As a one-off, would you be able to send me the link you used, please? 

13 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Thank you for the reply (and from DeeCee). I'm feeling pretty stupid here, but however I get to the Argyle v Rovers ticket section on the website, it doesn't seem to give me any ticket availability. Not something I've come up against before.

I have tried the website and I have the same problem as you. The problem might be fixed tomorrow when people are back at work.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/august/18/ticket-news--plymouth-argyle-v-rovers/

Thanks all. Looks like the online facility has been fixed this morning. Hopefully see lots of us at Home Park, on Saturday! Last time I was there it was for our League One game and some local idiot turned up in full Burnley kit, baiting the visiting fans as they arrived at the ground. Some people are mental.

From experience, the ticket website only seems to be 'active' (or tickets are only available) during club ticket office opening times. Presumably something to do with them only keeping a certain percentage online and avoiding 'over selling' tickets. I'm sure there's a cleverer way for them to do it, but never seems to work for me in the evenings. 

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

Although it was at Ewood, the 1975 match always comes to mind when we play Plymouth. It remains the most enjoyable match I have ever seen in my life.

Hope we can repeat the score line, although this site might go into meltdown, if the scoring sequence follows the same pattern.

Those who were there, will know what I mean.

• Like 9