BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Although it was at Ewood, the 1975 match always comes to mind when we play Plymouth. It remains the most enjoyable match I have ever seen in my life.

Hope we can repeat the score line, although this site might go into meltdown, if the scoring sequence follows the same pattern.

Those who were there, will know what I mean.

The build up down town in the morning added to the atmosphere. The Blackburn end was electric.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The 1975 game was the very first Rovers game I attended.

Sat in the old Riverside stand with my Dad.

Hooked ever since.

I am hardly surprised you became hooked. For that game to be your very first is amazing. I bet your Dad thought you were the lucky charm.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lraC said:

Although it was at Ewood, the 1975 match always comes to mind when we play Plymouth. It remains the most enjoyable match I have ever seen in my life.

Hope we can repeat the score line, although this site might go into meltdown, if the scoring sequence follows the same pattern.

Read this 😉

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/argyle-v-blackburn-rovers-the-build-up-q-a.124796/

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

well before my supporting time but did`nt plymouth bring thousands due to some subsidised coach travel,there was green paint on the boulevard for years😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

well before my supporting time but did`nt plymouth bring thousands due to some subsidised coach travel,there was green paint on the boulevard for years😆

They all arrived on the train actually. Not too sure if it was subsidised, but for some reason, it arrived early morning and all their fans went on the rampage in the town centre. You are quite right about the green paint. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lraC said:

They all arrived on the train actually. Not too sure if it was subsidised, but for some reason, it arrived early morning and all their fans went on the rampage in the town centre. You are quite right about the green paint. 

There was green paint sprayed on Queen Vic's statue which seemed to be there for years. The route to Ewood from town was also littered with Plymouth slogans spray painted on various walls and buildings.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There was green paint sprayed on Queen Vic's statue which seemed to be there for years. The route to Ewood from town was also littered with Plymouth slogans spray painted on various walls and buildings.

I remember it well.

Sweet revenge arrived later, as we sent them home with their tails between their legs. I think that win put us top and we stayed their until the end of the season after that.

My first taste of promotion, as a fan.

• Like 3

A draw would be more than acceptable. Plymouth have put up a fight in all of their league games so far. Southampton just about scraped a win there the other week and they only lost narrowly to Birmingham at St Andrews last weekend.

Think we'll do well to get a point in this one. You get the feeling that Home Park will be a difficult place for a lot of sides to go to this season and they'll spring a few upsets. They've also got a good finisher in Hardie who's started the season really well adapting to the Championship.

I'll go for another 2-2 draw.

My expected team:

Pears

Brittain   Carter    Hyam   Pickering

Travis     Wharton    Szmodics

Hedges   Gallagher   Moran

Hopefully we have a 2 or 3 new additions on the bench!

• Like 1

We sabotaged ourselves with a dreadful first half against Rotherham and a moment of madness by Pickering against Hull, but it’s been a good start to the season and with a little more of the discipline we showed against Watford we could’ve been on for a perfect start.

A few players will have given the manager something to think about last night and Moran should start. I think @sharpysharps86has got the line up spot on. Garrett is really knocking at the door, but Wharton and Travis remain in on merit.

I’m going to be optimistic and predict a win. Not quite sure where the goals come from, perhaps our new superstar striker who will be joining tomorrow (told you I’m being optimistic) continues the debut goal off the bench trend.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Surprised by the level of confidence among some of their fans there. They're reading a lot into us having played Harrogate midweek, obviously it included 10 changes so first 11 should be ready to go. They've just come up and don't look world beaters from the (admittedly brief) bits I've seen of them

Expect Rovers to get at least a point here and should be aiming for 3 if we have any aspirations at all of the top 6.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

A draw would be more than acceptable. Plymouth have put up a fight in all of their league games so far. Southampton just about scraped a win there the other week and they only lost narrowly to Birmingham at St Andrews last weekend.

Think we'll do well to get a point in this one. You get the feeling that Home Park will be a difficult place for a lot of sides to go to this season and they'll spring a few upsets. They've also got a good finisher in Hardie who's started the season really well adapting to the Championship.

I'll go for another 2-2 draw.

My expected team:

Pears

Brittain   Carter    Hyam   Pickering

Travis     Wharton    Szmodics

Hedges   Gallagher   Moran

Hopefully we have a 2 or 3 new additions on the bench!

Pickering’s a lucky boy to get straight back in. If JRC was fit I’d have Pickering on the bench.

• Like 1

Been to Home Park many times over the years, I once witnessed Tommy Tynan (Plymouths Simon Garner) put 4 past us, that was a long trip home........I saw Scott Sellers score from a corner as the wind was that strong and Howard Gayle called us all "******g mad" for travelling at that way, Cheer Howard!

Most memorable has to be the playoff clincher under Kenny.

Tough game, but we're a tough side, Plymouth 1 Rovers 3

Anyone staying down there, Plymouth hoe and Barbican area are great, worked down there a few years back now, great areas for hotels, pubs and restaurants. 

https://www.visitplymouth.co.uk/explore/areas-to-visit/the-hoe

https://www.visitplymouth.co.uk/things-to-do/the-barbican-p1706033

• Like 3

Tough one and not a happy place for us to go over the years but records and hoodoos are there to be broken. 

Plymouth are a bit of a millwall situation I think, strong at home shit away so three points would be excellent to go into the break with, regroup, rest and get ready for a difficult September