BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semir Telalovic

• Backroom

I'm hyped for him.

Was on a caravan site deadline day with no signal.

Standing on a stool holding phone in air to find out we'd signed a striker with a 22 in 49 goal record had me chuffed.

Didn't even dampen when I scrolled down to find it was for the B team, but I had been on the beer since lunchtime. 

• Like 2

Just now, sharpysharps86 said:

I thought he did ok. New team in a new country, getting used to a much higher standard than what he's used to. If Szmodics had scored the one on one then we'd all be praising him for a brilliant assist to set Sammie up as it was a genuinely great ball. I think he showed some good touches and good instinctive movements when we were in possession.

When Rovers didn't have the ball he looked a bit lost, you could see Sammie was trying to guide him and give instructions. Coming on for the last 30 mins or so of what was a pretty chaotic match can't have been easy to get up to the pace of the game.

As he's a permanent signing I think we have to really back the kid and give him our support. Physically he looks like he could be a real nuisance for defenders at this level, but time will tell whether he fits with JDT's style of play.

Well summed up. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

I thought he did ok. New team in a new country, getting used to a much higher standard than what he's used to. If Szmodics had scored the one on one then we'd all be praising him for a brilliant assist to set Sammie up as it was a genuinely great ball. I think he showed some good touches and good instinctive movements when we were in possession.

When Rovers didn't have the ball he looked a bit lost, you could see Sammie was trying to guide him and give instructions. Coming on for the last 30 mins or so of what was a pretty chaotic match can't have been easy to get up to the pace of the game.

As he's a permanent signing I think we have to really back the kid and give him our support. Physically he looks like he could be a real nuisance for defenders at this level, but time will tell whether he fits with JDT's style of play.

Yep we need to stick with him and make sure he gets the minutes, there's going to be some frustrations I'm afraid, just hope people don't get on his back if he misses a chance or 2. Young lad, new country, new league and ultimately quite a unique style of play under JDT. It was probably a bit of an eye opener yesterday as it was such a close game. Ideally we would have been 5 nil up for his debut!

He looks a unit for sure, let's hope he proves to be a handful for opposition defences 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Yep we need to stick with him and make sure he gets the minutes, there's going to be some frustrations I'm afraid, just hope people don't get on his back if he misses a chance or 2. Young lad, new country, new league and ultimately quite a unique style of play under JDT. It was probably a bit of an eye opener yesterday as it was such a close game. Ideally we would have been 5 nil up for his debut!

He looks a unit for sure, let's hope he proves to be a handful for opposition defences 👍

Just have to hope and wait. No choice really. Best thing the crowd can do is encourage him by applauding when he does something good and not being harsh when he cocks up. Parenting really! Or dog-owning!

He's not what we needed, immediately anyway, but that's not his fault.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Anyone see him play yesterday? Wondered what he was like? 

It was quite a difficult game to come into I thought for a striker as Middlesbrough were enjoying their best period of the game and we were on the back foot. I thought he was strong and looked mobile and showed a decent touch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It was quite a difficult game to come into I thought for a striker as Middlesbrough were enjoying their best period of the game and we were on the back foot. I thought he was strong and looked mobile and showed a decent touch.

I’ve only seen the extended highlights on TV but the was a really nice pass that put Sammy through. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Anyone see him play yesterday? Wondered what he was like? 

He played well considering he has never played in the championship before and it was difficult game for him to come on just after Boro scored and they went for the second. 

He has some good moments like that pass for Szmodics to score his third and Rovers third. Defensively he has learn when to press and when to sit in. As others have said Szmodics did his best to tell him what to do. 

Its deffo work in progress but you can see why Rovers signed him. 

Amazing how fans see things differently. I thought he did quite well when he came on. He worked his socks off, chased everything, ran the lost causes etc. Just what the team needed with Gally going off. I like to see this in a striker as you will eventually get rewarded with chances.

However on the way home, someone said he looked like he’d won a competition to be a footballer for the day!

For the reasons stated above, he’s already a better player than likes of Vale and Butterworth in my opinion. They both used to infuriate me when they came on towards the end, do very little running, not harass the defenders and put in a poor work rate shift for the team. Sure it’s no coincidence they aren’t at the club anymore!

This lad however showed at the very least he’s a team player. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, the original david brent said:

Amazing how fans see things differently. I thought he did quite well when he came on. He worked his socks off, chased everything, ran the lost causes etc. Just what the team needed with Gally going off. I like to see this in a striker as you will eventually get rewarded with chances.

However on the way home, someone said he looked like he’d won a competition to be a footballer for the day!

For the reasons stated above, he’s already a better player than likes of Vale and Butterworth in my opinion. They both used to infuriate me when they came on towards the end, do very little running, not harass the defenders and put in a poor work rate shift for the team. Sure it’s no coincidence they aren’t at the club anymore!

This lad however showed at the very least he’s a team player. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He played well considering he has never played in the championship before and it was difficult game for him to come on just after Boro scored and they went for the second. 

He has some good moments like that pass for Szmodics to score his third and Rovers third. Defensively he has learn when to press and when to sit in. As others have said Szmodics did his best to tell him what to do. 

Its deffo work in progress but you can see why Rovers signed him. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve only seen the extended highlights on TV but the was a really nice pass that put Sammy through. 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Just have to hope and wait. No choice really. Best thing the crowd can do is encourage him by applauding when he does something good and not being harsh when he cocks up. Parenting really! Or dog-owning!

He's not what we needed, immediately anyway, but that's not his fault.

Thanks all. Really appreciated. I agree with all points above. He's a new lad and he's our player so lets get behind him. The highlights weren't great but that pass did look great. Interesting that JDT chose this game and the timing to bring him on. Looking forward to seeing him develop 

• 3 months later...
On 17/09/2023 at 20:07, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Under normal circumstances ie if we’d actually signed a Championship ready striker - the lad would be being brought through gradually and not thrown in at the deep end right away.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/videos/

Wow he got his first 60mins for us last night and this thread was hiding in the 4th pages.

Just seen JDTs interview post match and he doesn't stop going on about this lad being a 4th division German young striker with no experience. He lays it on thick. He said the championship is much tougher than the German second league let a lone the German fourth league. Absolute jokes that this kid is our main striker right now..  unless GB thinks he has unearthed a Jamie vardy?! Nuts