BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

Heard it over in the Riverside, few in the row in front couldn't believe what they were hearing "venkys out?! where has that come from?! Without them we would be bankrupt". I preceding to talk loudly to mate next to me about the issues with them hopefully they got the jist of it. The rest around me completely no sold it either way.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Heard it over in the Riverside, few jn the row in front couldn't believe what they were hearing "venkys out?! where has that come from?! Without them we would be bankrupt". I preceding to talk loudly to mate next to me about the issues with them hopefully they got the just of it. The rest around me completely no sold it either way.

Thats the problem these supporters think cause they pay the bills everything is ok - id personally rather go to administration them be made to put club up for sale and forced out of football, if the venkys had any so called dignity they would do so out of respect for them selfs!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nipper1875 said:

Thats the problem these supporters think cause they pay the bills everything is ok - id personally rather go to administration them be made to put club up for sale and forced out of football, if the venkys had any so called dignity they would do so out of respect for them selfs!!

I think those hoping, wishing, or even happy with the thought of administration are delusional.

There's every chance that could be the end of this club.

In my mind, you're all at the other extreme to those who think everything is going smoothly. You're just as wrong.

The hope here has to be that Venkys are put in a position where they either have to sell or decide this is all more trouble than it is worth.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think those hoping, wishing, or even happy with the thought of administration are delusional.

In my mind, you're all at the other extreme to those who think everything is going smoothly. You're just as wrong.

The hope here has to be that Venkys are put in a position where they either have to sell or decide this is all more trouble than it is worth.

What situation do you think would achieve that without it involving administration?

• Like 9

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Heard it over in the Riverside, few in the row in front couldn't believe what they were hearing "venkys out?! where has that come from?! Without them we would be bankrupt". I preceding to talk loudly to mate next to me about the issues with them hopefully they got the jist of it. The rest around me completely no sold it either way.

Plenty of these on social media. Slating JDT and Broughton for not signing a 20 goal striker like Mowbray did with Armstrong. And angrily denying any blame should be directed at the owners because they put in £20m a year.

Theres a lot who think JDT wanted and signed Telalovic too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Administration is not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but if it means the end of venky FC then I'll take it.

The only certainty we have is that as long as venkys are around this club will continue to wither and die a slow painful death.

It's more likely venkys will be the end of this club than administration.

I'm more than willing to roll that dice.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

There's still many fans who just come out with the "who would want to buy us?"

I don't mind that line when we were treading water and there was a chance that with a fair wind we could make the play offs but this last 12 months they've slammed the club into reverse and there's no sign of it easing.

I don't know if its been shared or not on here before but does anyone know the stats for all the teams that have gone into administration how many have ceased to exist and how many have survived in some form? Even Bury reemerged in the 9th tier. 

16 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I don't know if its been shared or not on here before but does anyone know the stats for all the teams that have gone into administration how many have ceased to exist and how many have survived in some form? Even Bury reemerged in the 9th tier. 

This might be of some use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_English_Football_League_clubs

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

trying to get my head round this. Correct me if I'm being thick . Do you want venkyscum in or out?  Out but only on THEYRE terms?

Why are you flogging Venkys out merch if you don't truly want them gone and take the consequences or are you simply profiteering?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Every single defunct club has been reformed in one way or another.

Except the ones that dropped out in 1899 or whatever but I just looked at the ones that went out recently.

Yes and they are all smaller clubs than we've ever been. I have said before that we have nothing to fear from Venkys going away. 

Despite all they've done, and there's probably more damage to come, we are a famous club and we will reset.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Gav said:

How do you see Venkys being put in a position to sell Eddie?

They have had numerous opportunities to open talks, speak to potential buyers and refused mostly to engaged, its now been around 14yrs, how long should we wait?

Everything about the club is second rate, budgets cut to the bone and that will continue until these lot sod off. If the only way we can get rid of them is through administration, I'd take that now and everything that comes with it because I have a feeling we'll end up there under these owners anyway, only with much more debt. 

I don't believe that is a delusional position to take, especially when you look at other clubs that have been through similar circumstances over the past 10yrs and come out of the other side.

We are Blackburn Rovers, we have an illustrious history, large fanbase and had a fine reputation until recently, this club will not go to the wall.

Great post. My thoughts exactly.

We are headed for oblivion with Venky's, and always have been.

Fear of the unknown is a normal feeling, but - one way or the other - this situation just can't go on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Yes and they are all smaller clubs than we've ever been. I have said before that we have nothing to fear from Venkys going away. 

Despite all they've done, and there's probably more damage to come, we are a famous club and we will reset.

even bury and maccesfield are on the upward curve after ridding themselves of terrible owners

24 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

even bury and maccesfield are on the upward curve after ridding themselves of terrible owners

My only concern about getting rid of these Charlatans, is we get more of the same in a desperate bid to find new owners. But even with that potential pitfall looming, I’d take the chance. 

Blackburn Rovers are just about existing right now, nothing more, we deserve so much better as fans, as a town and as a football club with such an illustrious history. 

• Like 2

One thing these Indian court cases do is shine a light on our outgoings. Page 38 this thread shows the submission that was approved by the judge.

Payroll liabilities salary and wages Oct to Dec 2023 £3834192

Payroll liabilities tax payable on salaries and wages Oct to Dec £3085000

Total for 3 months £6919192

That's projected to £27.67 million per annum.

Those figures  are at odds with the figure for wages and accounts in the June 22 accounts which show wages and salaries at 24 million.

No sign of a significant drop in salaries despite all the outgoings and cut backs!

The thing I was wondering was, it seems to be widely reported that the Court approved £11m worth of funding last time.

What period did that cover and why are we having to go back only 3 months or so later? At the same rate that equates to £44m p.a. Worth of funding rather than the £20m its accepted they put in.

• Like 1