BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

Every time they do these statements it just raises more questions than gives answers.

We were told the funding covered the period up to December last time out. So presumably we can’t pay January or February bills until this court case in March? Yet they seem to make out like they have the money?!?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

That statement seems to have done the job on Facebook. The happy clappers are unbearable "clearly some of our fans don't know how FFP works" 

But what I would say is there are *a lot* of other replies telling them to sell up, that they’ve ruined the club etc - I’d wager you wouldn’t have seen much of that a year or so ago.

The tide is turning (but let’s be honest some folk are that dense they’ll never get it).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But what I would say is there are *a lot* of other replies telling them to sell up, that they’ve ruined the club etc - I’d wager you wouldn’t have seen much of that a year or so ago.

The tide is turning (but let’s be honest some folk are that dense they’ll never get it).

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

• Like 3

I’ve just had to block someone on Facebook. I was going to comment then quickly realised there was nothing separating them from the average Burnley fan. He’s replied several times to exasperated fans and he’s still going on. He calls it a decaying club then says pray they stay. 

IMG_5305.jpeg.6737bbeb2472f62f0acf9677cd6d7483.jpeg

• Like 3

The most revealing phrase in the statement perhaps is

"with a further tranche of funds set to be received in due course"

Set to be received from the sale of Wharton presumably and confirming his sale will be used for running costs?

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, booth said:

I’ve just had to block someone on Facebook. I was going to comment then quickly realised there was nothing separating them from the average Burnley fan. He’s replied several times to exasperated fans and he’s still going on. He calls it a decaying club then says pray they stay. 

How can he say all that and fail to mention Bury?

Ridiculous.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, booth said:

I think that if you are going to win over fans who think this, then you need to set out some answers.

• Like 1

Amazing that some of these clowns think that a club that has only spent seven seasons in its history outside the top 2 divisions, with a famous name, founder members of both the Football and Premier League, one of only a handful to ever win the PL, with a good stadium, with a Cat 1 Academy couldn’t possibly, ever, find a new owner.

It’s literally some conglomerate who has to pay the bills via the Indian High Court or death. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, booth said:

anyone watched the film "the purge" one night every year you are allowed to go out and kill someone,sometimes i wish they`de actually introduce it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I think that if you are going to win over fans who think this, then you need to set out some answers.

I did but then he replied to someone else, and after reading it I realised he was a lost cause. So I deleted my reply.

There are others with similar views but without the antagonism who I’d happily debate it with. Especially younger fans who may not know or remember when the club was ran properly.

It seems to be the older fans who are defending Venkys.

24 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

How can he say all that and fail to mention Bury?

Ridiculous.

And say it’s a decaying club, but pray they stay.

It got even more ridiculous and before I’d finished my reply I was doubting he was even a Rovers fan.

I've just bit on Facebook and responded to one moron who wanted to lecture me on FFP rules after I criticised the lack of communication from the club on this and the Brockhall scheme.

Apparently we 'had' to try and put houses on Brockhall because of Covid.

I agree though that the numbers of Venky sympathisers aren't as great as they once were. Suspect having to go to court every few months to head off winding up petitions might have brought one or two minds into focus.

• Like 2

The Owners have given assurance to the Board and Executive of BRFC that they will continue to fully support the club, as they have done since they acquired the club in 2010.

Very worrying , just do us all favour and 'Sod Off' !

• Like 7

• Backroom
33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im sure if this club was put up for sale, there would be interest. But how could you possibly have "had confirmation" on that?!

In my time with RT (around 7 years) I knew concretely of 5 interested parties at various points. I knew of around 20 speculated interested parties.

• Like 2